ADVERTISEMENT

“They blitzed more than we expected”

pittdrum

Scholarship
Feb 5, 2003
This was actually said by Narduzzi last night after the game.

He actually thinks the team with the most sacks in the ACC (that has coaches who have seen blitzing players run free through this line repeatedly in the first half of the season) wouldn’t blitz constantly? I just have a feeling that other coaches “watch the tape” like you do.

Here’s a guess. There is no fear from any secondary that they are going to be challenged so the rest of the teams on the schedule are going blitz… a lot.

I hope you will now no longer be surprised.

H2P

I’d guess in every football game ever played anywhere the opponent did something that wasn’t expected. You know like maybe they game plan too? Good that he noticed. Curious to know what, exactly, he did about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pbrad
Coaches should just have (and many do) the most innocuous generic pablum to say to the media when they lose, especially a terrible loss like last night to what was supposed to be an inferior foe. Nothing he can say specifically will sound plausible or acceptable, it will just highlight terrible decisions or preparation or whatever else. Just say “yes Joe, very disappointing results, we’re going to have to go back to the drawing board and come out next week” and variations on this to any question. Just get out of there.

Narduzzi has been very good with halftime adjustments on defense. He really needs to put more input into the offense. Cignetti seemed to make no adjustments. Slovis is rattled, no doubt, and shouldnt start, we are winning despite him, not because of him. The Wildcat was good, we should have kept it up even without Hammond, we could have run it with Carter

Slovis is finished as an effective FBS quarterback. It has to be over for the good of each of them. Announce he has a new injury …better yet he was still playing with some mystery secret injury (as the Steelers did with Najee to explain his sucky play and loss of PT to Warren ) and that Slovis can’t return to action this season. Let him quietly transfer down to FCS after the year. Take your lumps with Yarnell with Patti to spell him if needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT