ADVERTISEMENT

“We Will Not Have An Offside This Week”

Promised Narduzzi. Papers said the quote became locker room material for VT offense. First time VT in clutch short yardage situation: Offside. Gives VT a 1st down. Leads to third TD.

Coach, if you can’t backup your promise, just keep your mouth shut.

I like Narduzzi, but his big mouth transcends to the players and how they act and play. No discipline with his mouth, no discipline with the players.

When you win and win a lot you can talk !
When you backup your talk you can talk!

When you lose a lot and cant back up your talk = Shut Up and Coach!

Until you start to win and win a lot!

So the coach was offsides? Trying to motivate the team and hopefully keep their heads in the game is not a bad thing.

Maybe. But also maybe - motivate the team privately?

I think “bulletin board material” is a bit overrated but these bold public “promises” are pointless and useless. And they’re particularly stupid when the team isn’t that good. It’s like a defensive player pounding his chest on a nice tackle after giving up 9 yards on a 3rd down and 8.

Reactions: PittFamily2
Just observe the head coach during press conferences and on the sidelines barking and hectoring the officials when calls don’t go “his way”. No wonder the team acts and plays in an undisciplined and uncontrolled manner. The team sees their coach flip out and figures if he can do it so can I. The Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

Reactions: CCHS82
BY the way they trounced us I don't think they were saying "let's win this and make them go offsides". I think we are way in the weeds on this!

Maybe. But also maybe - motivate the team privately?

I think “bulletin board material” is a bit overrated but these bold public “promises” are pointless and useless. And they’re particularly stupid when the team isn’t that good. It’s like a defensive player pounding his chest on a nice tackle after giving up 9 yards on a 3rd down and 8.

Just observe the head coach during press conferences and on the sidelines barking and hectoring the officials when calls don’t go “his way”. No wonder the team acts and plays in an undisciplined and uncontrolled manner. The team sees their coach flip out and figures if he can do it so can I. The Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.
Usually when you have a head coach who does this stuff he has a record to back him up and typically there are assistant coaches who are making sure there's order and discipline within the team.

Saying that you aren't going to jump offsides is bulletin board material? We live in strange times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT