ADVERTISEMENT

“What happened to the river city trophy?

another idiotic product of the smiley boy era .like Dino cat. Torch cut pgh and that idiotic blow up kid mascot
Alongside that Lambert Trophy they have as the best college football team in the east.

i know we joke about this trophy but this matchup, back in the Big east days at least, had the makings of a decent little rivalry. obviously you need some longer history to make it a real rivalry but there were some big time games between the two..

i kind of liked the trophy. yeah, forced a bit, i get that but still, some pretty good games.

Don’t so many of these schools esp in the B1G have preposterous things just like it? The little brown jug or some stupid axe or such? Why not this.

indiana-jones-ark-covenant-raiders-lost.jpg

Alongside that Lambert Trophy they have as the best college football team in the east.
I had never even heard of that trophy until someone mentioned after last season that Pitt would probably be the most likely ones to get it last year, but I see it was last awarded to Army in 2020, so did they just discontinue it then? Not like it really matters, just curious.

I had never even heard of that trophy until someone mentioned after last season that Pitt would probably be the most likely ones to get it last year, but I see it was last awarded to Army in 2020, so did they just discontinue it then? Not like it really matters, just curious.

Pitt would have won it last year so they mysteriously stopped awarding it.

Gotta love how they gave it to a 7-5 Penn State team in 2013. That should tell anyone all that they need to know.

• Haha
Reactions: str61166
Pitt would have won it last year so they mysteriously stopped awarding it.

Gotta love how they gave it to a 7-5 Penn State team in 2013. That should tell anyone all that they need to know.
It really is a mystery though, unless someone knows… I can’t find anything on why the stupid thing wasn’t actually awarded. Let’s just go with the committee that awards it are Nitters. Maybe it’ll be magically awarded again this year, to them… (hate to say it but feel they’ll end up with a slightly better record than Pitt - probably at least 9-3 or 10-2)

They have a Twitter account. Someone ask them on there who won the 2021 award. @ECACSports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT