ADVERTISEMENT

2016 WPIAL Class

Jun 7, 2010
Was taking a look at the database of WPIAL kids with a PITT offer & ones I hope we land

-Miles Sanders-UPS Commit-If we get him great-If not no worries, RB is a position where 3-stars become Superstars

-Damar Hamlin-In a fight with this kid with O$U-Hopefully Urban's salary cap is out of money-Kid would be great with Whitehead-I believe we land him-Would be BIG get

-Khaleke Hudson-Alot say UPS to lose-I think if Butler stays it is ok if he goes to UPS, but if Butler leaves we need to land this kid at safety

-Kaezon Pugh-Get the Quips pipeline back on track-Would love the kid to develop as a LB under the Duzz

-Therran Coleman-Don't think we will have enough room for him, bummer kid seems to be a good one

-Aaron Matthews-Can't teach size and we need another tall WR-Would love to land him & Wade next year

-Jo-El Shaw-Would be the FB for the future-Do we have the room to take him?

-Rashad Wheeler-Seems like UPS is out of DT spots-Would love for him to jump on the 412Crew train very soon..............

-Brandon Ford-Committed to PITT-Hopefully develops into a solid Guard on the OL

-Bricen Garner-Low rated-But the Duzz loves these guys-Saw something in him-If has the work ethic will be a stud in the future

Nice WPIAL class-Great time for a coaching change & think Duzz has the staff to keep the good ones home!

H2P!

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
my thoughts

sanders -- I don't see him coming our way

hamlin - we get him

hudson - probably heads somewhere else, i give us about a 20% shot. hopefully get we get him

butler - i think he's gone already

pugh - we get him

mathews - we get him

wheeler - may get him but pitt seems like a fall back option but i don't believe psu offers

vegas....psu offered Wheeler a while back. I think the issue is psu is signing other DL so that may work to our advantage.

Not sure why you are down on Butler. He's visiting others but so is Sanders. Both seem pretty firm based on tweets & such. I really doubt Sanders flips.

your exactly right. i stand corrected. he may get left without a spot there, they've already secured some nice dl guys.

i hear ya on sanders and butler. i just think we come up with the short end of the stick on this one. sanders stays with psu and butler goes elsewhere.

vegas....psu offered Wheeler a while back. I think the issue is psu is signing other DL so that may work to our advantage.

Not sure why you are down on Butler. He's visiting others but so is Sanders. Both seem pretty firm based on tweets & such. I really doubt Sanders flips.

I think Butler stays, but this staff has really gone after DBs, and has a lot of pretty good ones, some in FL, considering Pitt. If Butler bails, his spot should be filled pretty easily with an equally talented recruit.

my thoughts

sanders -- I don't see him coming our way

hamlin - we get him

hudson - probably heads somewhere else, i give us about a 20% shot. hopefully get we get him

butler - i think he's gone already

pugh - we get him

mathews - we get him

wheeler - may get him but pitt seems like a fall back option but i don't believe psu offers

Mine:

Sanders: He'll stick with PSU
Hamlin: Us or OSU. I think we get him.
Hudson: No way we get a McKeesport kid. No chance.
Butler: Michigan or OSU (if they offer)
Pugh: Us or Tony Gibson. I think we get him.
Matthews: Pitt
Wheeler: Pitt, I think PSU is too loaded at DT

Sanders: I really doubt he is going to flip.
Hamlin: Pitt vs OSU. Most likely Pitt.
Hudson: Looks good for PSU.
Wheeler: Unfortunately after Dwumfour committed, that took away his spot. I believe that the staff were hoping Wheeler to be the domino that got colon and Jordon. But it turned out to be Dwumfour and wheeler's spot was gone. We are going after Dioubate and probably a JUCO DT in Chavez. Wheeler is a lock for Pitt.

we both agree on every single one.

Mine:

Sanders: He'll stick with PSU
Hamlin: Us or OSU. I think we get him.
Hudson: No way we get a McKeesport kid. No chance.
Butler: Michigan or OSU (if they offer)
Pugh: Us or Tony Gibson. I think we get him.
Matthews: Pitt
Wheeler: Pitt, I think PSU is too loaded at DT

If PSU doesn't get Hamlin, I'd like to see him at Pitt, but it's not happening. It's either OSU or us, and right now we are not leading. Not going to Pitt, though. Dad won't let it happen.

I, too, have heard that the PSU staff is confident that they will eventually land him, but some folks I know say he is very enamored of OSU's defensive back history.

On the other guys, we're getting Hudson, and you're getting Wheeler. Wheeler's spot at PSU is gone at this time, at least, and Hudson could also lose his if he waits too long, but right now it is there. Dioubate is coming to us

As far as the 2017's go, the guy in the other thread who said Jeter was coming to PSU was spot on. He's solid, as is Hainsey. Wade is also very likely to commit to us. The number 1 kid in the state, Swift, is 100% ours as well. Thorpe is probably ours, but the big lineman from NA is not interested at this time. Not sure where Ford falls, but he's not as tied to Hamlin as some people think. We do have limited spots for next year, though.

Last edited:
If PSU doesn't get Hamlin, I'd like to see him at Pitt, but it's not happening. It's either OSU or us, and right now we are not leading. Not going to Pitt, though. Dad won't let it happen.

I, too, have heard that the PSU staff is confident that they will eventually land him, but some folks I know say he is very enamored of OSU's defensive back history.

On the other guys, we're getting Hudson, and you're getting Wheeler. Wheeler's spot at PSU is gone at this time, at least, and Hudson could also lose his if he waits too long, but right now it is there. Dioubate is coming to us

As far as the 2017's go, the guy in the other thread who said Jeter was coming to PSU was spot on. He's solid, as is Hainsey. Wade is also very likely to commit to us. The number 1 kid in the state, Swift, is 100% ours as well. Thorpe is probably ours, but the big lineman from NA is not interested at this time. Not sure where Ford falls, but he's not as tied to Hamlin as some people think. We do have limited spots for next year, though.

I think this analysis of PSU is still operating in the optic of pre-Nuzz dynamics. This new regime truly a game changer from the Chancellor, through the AD ($$), to this coach....

.... every top program got there because of a great coach who took them there and allowed the administration to then build and fundraise around them.

Sutherland for Pitt... back in the day...
Paterno for PSU...

It all comes down to playing field in 2015. If this Pitt team plays hard, and wins when is should and surprises occasionally... this mean win right, lose right (i.e. knock the other guy's head off in the process)... then it's not Koolaid to understand a game changer is in town.

Second test is when the first big offer comes and if he stays or not....

Everyone is excited because of this sense of history and finally we may be at the dawn of a New Era. (not saying we will ever be top 10 programs...).

Meanwhile the sense looking at PSU is it has grown to such a large program in all respects that it has the momentum to maintain this. Yet Franklinstein still has the smell of short-term about him.... he either won't perform on the field (clearly possible just look at Vandy's record), or he moves on because it's all about him and the next offer takes him whereever he goes.

Pitt win rights and play right in 2015 the whole recruiting landscape shifts somewhat and new formulas will be needed (and that is not saying that PSU wont still always get its high recruits).

If PSU doesn't get Hamlin, I'd like to see him at Pitt, but it's not happening. It's either OSU or us, and right now we are not leading. Not going to Pitt, though. Dad won't let it happen.:rolleyes:

I, too, have heard that the PSU staff is confident that they will eventually land him, but some folks I know say he is very enamored of OSU's defensive back history.o_O

On the other guys, we're getting Hudson, and you're getting Wheeler. Wheeler's spot at PSU is gone at this time, at least, and Hudson could also lose his if he waits too long, but right now it is there. Dioubate is coming to us:cool:

As far as the 2017's go, the guy in the other thread who said Jeter was coming to PSU was spot on. He's solid, as is Hainsey. Wade is also very likely to commit to us. The number 1 kid in the state, Swift, is 100% ours as well. Thorpe is probably ours, but the big lineman from NA is not interested at this time. Not sure where Ford falls, but he's not as tied to Hamlin as some people think. We do have limited spots for next year, though.:confused:

I'm pretty sure PSU is 3rd at best for Hamlin. That is between us and OSU.

No chance Sanders flips.

Hudson probably has PSU leading, followed by Wisconsin and WVU. Not much of a chance for Pitt.

Wheeler has no spot at PSU. He is Pitt or Maryland.

Other than the Hamlin "info" you are pretty reasonable. Also, I think if Wade stays local, it will be Pitt. Otherwise he is going to a MAJOR program (no offense to PSU, but I'm talking Bama, Auburn, OSU, FSU style).

You get Hainsey and Thorpe which sucks for us. We get Lugg probably.

I'm pretty sure PSU is 3rd at best for Hamlin. That is between us and OSU.

No chance Sanders flips.

Hudson probably has PSU leading, followed by Wisconsin and WVU. Not much of a chance for Pitt.

Wheeler has no spot at PSU. He is Pitt or Maryland.

Other than the Hamlin "info" you are pretty reasonable. Also, I think if Wade stays local, it will be Pitt. Otherwise he is going to a MAJOR program (no offense to PSU, but I'm talking Bama, Auburn, OSU, FSU style).

You get Hainsey and Thorpe which sucks for us. We get Lugg probably.

I thought I heard that Sanders has been around the Pitt program a lot... multiple times. Are these reports correct? and given the smoke a fews week ago about his visits, etc. just makes you wonder?

I thought I heard that Sanders has been around the Pitt program a lot... multiple times. Are these reports correct? and given the smoke a fews week ago about his visits, etc. just makes you wonder?

He has been on campus a few times. Maybe I was harsh by saying "no chance" but we'd have to have a huge season and a huge recruiting class and PSU would have to do pretty horribly IMO. Just my opinion, not gospel.

Don't know where everyone is getting PSU from but from my understanding Hudson likes OSU and Pitt. Never heard PSU mentioned, but i think they like him. And before anybody ask I'm close with family.

Don't know where everyone is getting PSU from but from my understanding Hudson likes OSU and Pitt. Never heard PSU mentioned, but i think they like him. And before anybody ask I'm close with family.
Hudson from McKeesport? I thought he was pretty much a sure thing for the tickle monsters. Of course I heard that on this board so you know how that works. So you are saying Pitt has a decent shot and you heard this from his family? If true, great news indeed

i would love to see hudson at pitt but i do not think its going to happen. its kind of hard to go osu when there is no offer.

ADVERTISEMENT