ADVERTISEMENT

A thank you to Will Jeffress

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
While everyone is (rightly) reflecting on Blake Hinson’s final game at The Pete, I want to make time to thank the only person on this team who been here longer, Will Jeffress.

Will came to Pitt as a four-star prospect with offers to, among others, Baylor. Instead of winning a national championship in his first season, he decided to join a program that hadn’t had a winning record in five seasons.

Will has had his ups and downs, having to develop as a player while overcoming a season-ending injury last year. He’s become a great defender and a solid contributor to our lineup. He’s a big part of us winning 20 games in back-to-back season for the first time in ten years. I sincerely appreciate that he stuck with us through thick and thin, and I thank him for his part in returning Pitt Basketball to where it’s supposed to be! H2P

While everyone is (rightly) reflecting on Blake Hinson’s final game at The Pete, I want to make time to thank the only person on this team who been here longer, Will Jeffress.

Will came to Pitt as a four-star prospect with offers to, among others, Baylor. Instead of winning a national championship in his first season, he decided to join a program that hadn’t had a winning record in five seasons.

Will has had his ups and downs, having to develop as a player while overcoming a season-ending injury last year. He’s become a great defender and a solid contributor to our lineup. He’s a big part of us winning 20 games in back-to-back season for the first time in ten years. I sincerely appreciate that he stuck with us through thick and thin, and I thank him for his part in returning Pitt Basketball to where it’s supposed to be! H2P
We really do owe the Wake Forest win to him this year. Good luck wherever he goes, seems like a great kid

In fairness to Will and us, Baylor is dog crap compared to us on the academic front.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT