ADVERTISEMENT

ACC has now put 4 teams in the Sweet 16

I can't help but wonder how The Mountain West having a contract with CBS effects their overall perception with the committee if you get what I mean.
Similar to my conspiracy about ESPN trying to dismantle the ACC now they have the SEC brand. Wait til you see how many SEC teams they try to push in this 12 team playoff. I could see them getting 5-6 bids.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Similar to my conspiracy about ESPN trying to dismantle the ACC now they have the SEC brand. Wait til you see how many SEC teams they try to push in this 12 team playoff. I could see them getting 5-6 bids.
Must get old responding to your posts with a different addy everyday. Sad but continue your rants demeaning our program and coach. Oh I can say so much more but won't feed into your little games. H2P!!!!

Must get old responding to your posts with a different addy everyday. Sad but continue your rants demeaning our program and coach. Oh I can say so much more but won't feed into your little games. H2P!!!!
Pierre, I don't know who you are or anything about you. I couldn't care less. I have one name. I have a job. I don't have time to respond to myself as "Phil", who makes fun of me, what I did in college to pay for it, my team, my takes and basically everything about me. I think Phil is hilarious despite him constantly ragging on me. Being able to laugh at one's self is a skill. And this is a 99 percent anonymous message board. Best not to take it so seriously.

But I can tell you on my mom's life I've had 2 names in the history of this board. This and GaryLooksLikeSinbad which was ironic, hilarious and true. But somehow I got locked out of that one.

Also, not sure how saying the SEC is gonna get 5-6 bids in the CFB playoff is demeaning Pitt's basketball coach or program. An odd quote post

Reactions: Pitt Reparations_
All that means is that Duke, UNC, Clemson, and NC State won games against the two teams they played. It doesn't mean the ACC is some juggernaut or deserved more teams in the tournament.

But congrats to the ACC for a strong tournament showing, outside the Virginia embarrassment.

The important thing to remember is that for all but one team, this will end in tears.
take a long walk on a short pier !

I agree that him making up names to like and respond to his posts is bizarre.
Seriously if it's him or someone else they need a life. Constant badgering and arguing to pick fights on here is bizarre. I guess it's misplaced anger etc. I can see having differences of opinions but this is malicious behaviors and intentions. H2P!!

Reactions: bschulter
Pierre, I don't know who you are or anything about you. I couldn't care less. I have one name. I have a job. I don't have time to respond to myself as "Phil", who makes fun of me, what I did in college to pay for it, my team, my takes and basically everything about me. I think Phil is hilarious despite him constantly ragging on me. Being able to laugh at one's self is a skill. And this is a 99 percent anonymous message board. Best not to take it so seriously.

But I can tell you on my mom's life I've had 2 names in the history of this board. This and GaryLooksLikeSinbad which was ironic, hilarious and true. But somehow I got locked out of that one.

Also, not sure how saying the SEC is gonna get 5-6 bids in the CFB playoff is demeaning Pitt's basketball coach or program. An odd quote post
And I do care about your constant degrading of JC and our program. He has treated me and my son very nice over these past several years. I really don't care if you like my opinions or not since everyone has their critics. Pitt gets their share of hate in the Pittsburgh area and we don't need any more on here. This is a Pitt Panthers fan message board? If you don't like my posts or threads just put me on ignore. Thx H2P!!!

Reactions: bschulter
And I do care about your constant degrading of JC and our program. He has treated me and my son very nice over these past several years. I really don't care if you like my opinions or not since everyone has their critics. Pitt gets their share of hate in the Pittsburgh area and we don't need any more on here. This is a Pitt Panthers fan message board? If you don't like my posts or threads just put me on ignore. Thx H2P!!!
I have no problem with your posts. I just find it weird you think I’m Phil? Lol. He MAKES FUN OF ME TOO.

I am a Pitt fan. A typical Pitt fan who is glass half empty. I don’t have any problem with Capel and staff and have commented multiple times on this board this year was his best coaching job. Why do I have to keep telling you that? Lol

I agree that 2 guys thinking I'm making up names to make fun of myself is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of. Use critical thinking skills to gather how dumb that sounds
I enjoy your input and knowledge on here but you engage in some bizarre behaviors. You just seem to enjoy being a dick and then these random names like your posts and then make similar supporting arguments to you which is just weird.

I think you are definitely a Pitt fan like the rest of us and you have great info. But you could lose the schtick.

I enjoy your input and knowledge on here but you engage in some bizarre behaviors. You just seem to enjoy being a dick and then these random names like your posts and then make similar supporting arguments to you which is just weird.

I think you are definitely a Pitt fan like the rest of us and you have great info. But you could lose the schtick.
Ha, I appreciate the backhanded compliment. I am obviously not Phil though. He makes fun of me, my team, anything about me.

I do think he’s funny though. His screen names kill me.

We all need to lighten up a bit. His schtick is mostly funny and harmless

The ACC has good teams but part of the problem is half of them lose to low majors and/or mediocre P6 teams by like 30 in the nonconf which is what sets the baseline for the metrics and national opinion for the rest of the year.

The metrics don’t care about brands.

Win OOC games and stop losing to shitty teams and the respect will come.

I forget which NCAA tourney game I was watching Friday evening, but they showed records of a few conferences in this year's NCAA tournament ... I think they showed SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12, and maybe Big East or MWC. But no ACC, of course.
ACC is now 29-11 the last 3 years despite UVA being 0-2, the best record. Big East is 25-10. Big 12 is next at 28-18.

MWC is now 8-15 and SDS has 7 of those wins. MWC has gotten more bids than ACC (16-15) and has 21 less wins or 27.5% of the wins the ACC has.

Big Ten is 21-23. So the Big 10 has gotten 10 more bids than the ACC (25-15) and has 8 less wins. They have gotten 166% more bids and only have 72% of the wins.

It’s obvious the ACC and Big East have been under represented and the Big Ten and especially the MWC grossly over represented.

Last edited:
I have been banging the drum on here about how Pitt is at an extreme disadvantage to make the NCAAT going forward, in large part because of TV contracts. But that being said, we did lose to Mizzou, we lose twice to Clemson, we lost to Miami, we lost twice to Syracuse, took a real spanking from Wake, etc. We sure do make it hard on ourselves. Win any 2 of the games and *maybe* we get in.

I think it's laughable the a Top 4 ACC team doesn't get a bid, but this is the new norm for us. Going forward, we will have to be Top 2 ACC or win the conference tournament. There is no benefit of the doubt for Pitt and they will look for any excuse to keep the ACC at 4-5 bids. If we are in the ACC #3 to #6 places, we are going to lose reputation/marketability tiebreakers to most ACC teams.

I have been banging the drum on here about how Pitt is at an extreme disadvantage to make the NCAAT going forward, in large part because of TV contracts. But that being said, we did lose to Mizzou, we lose twice to Clemson, we lost to Miami, we lost twice to Syracuse, took a real spanking from Wake, etc. We sure do make it hard on ourselves. Win any 2 of the games and *maybe* we get in.

I think it's laughable the a Top 4 ACC team doesn't get a bid, but this is the new norm for us. Going forward, we will have to be Top 2 ACC or win the conference tournament. There is no benefit of the doubt for Pitt and they will look for any excuse to keep the ACC at 4-5 bids. If we are in the ACC #3 to #6 places, we are going to lose reputation/marketability tiebreakers to most ACC teams.
Losing at Clemson, SU and even Miami (NET 101) weren’t bad losses. It’s unfortunate Pitt played their most valuable home games before Lowe was starting and the team jelled. If the Clemson, NC. Duke home games were swapped to be later in the year with some easier later home games (UL, ND) , Pitt probably wins 14 ACC games and finishes 2nd and is a 5/6 seed.

Starting 10-7/1-5 required Pitt to build their entire quad resume starting in game 18. So they had half a season to construct an NCAA eligible resume which was nearly impossible and yet they did it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FireballZ
Losing at Clemson, SU and even Miami (NET 101) weren’t bad losses. It’s unfortunate Pitt played their most valuable home games before Lowe was starting and the team jelled. If the Clemson, NC. Duke home games were swapped to be later in the year with some easier later home games (UL, ND) , Pitt probably wins 14 ACC games and finishes 2nd and is a 5/6 seed.

Starting 10-7/1-5 required Pitt to build their entire quad resume starting in game 18. So they had half a season to construct an NCAA eligible resume which was nearly impossible and yet they did it.
Yes, agreed. Last year we got to 14 ACC wins and that got us into the tourney (granted it got us play-in game with 14 ACC wins!). Despite being a lower place in the ACC standings last year than this year, I think 14 is the number Pitt needs for ACC wins to get in. I remember when like 8-8 in the Big East could get you into the tourney, but that priv goes to Big 12 and SEC now, not the ACC. For Pitt in the current ACC climate, they need 14 conference wins to be considered.

Why?

Rick Pitino said to put Jim Calhoun, Coach K, Roy Williams, Jay Wright, Tom Izzo etc.. when he retires and former great players on the committee. He said put the best on the committee.

Who the heck is Scott Barnes on the big scale of things? Because he played basketball at Fresno State 40 years ago in a midmajor conference Im supposed to think he is great? He's a nobody on the big scale of things, a complete nobody. I didnt even know he played basketball.
yes, because none of those guys are homers for certain teams and conferences and are totally devoid of all past grudges..hahahaha

Ha, I appreciate the backhanded compliment. I am obviously not Phil though. He makes fun of me, my team, anything about me.

I do think he’s funny though. His screen names kill me.

We all need to lighten up a bit. His schtick is mostly funny and harmless
It is supposed to be a compliment. You provide more info than pretty much everyone.

What doesn’t seem to be necessary Is you give good information and in the next sentence you are telling several people how stupid they are and wrong they are!

It is supposed to be a compliment. You provide more info than pretty much everyone.

What doesn’t seem to be necessary Is you give good information and in the next sentence you are telling several people how stupid they are and wrong they are!
I’m an enigma. Or an asshole. Swear I’m a good time. Can’t wait to meet Phil at Hilton Head Island!

Reactions: PittMan2003
ACC is now 29-11 the last 3 years despite UVA being 0-2, the best record. Big East is 25-10. Big 12 is next at 28-18.

MWC is now 8-15 and SDS has 7 of those wins. MWC has gotten more bids than ACC (16-15) and has 21 less wins or 27.5% of the wins the ACC has.

Big Ten is 21-23. So the Big 10 has gotten 10 more bids than the ACC (25-15) and has 8 less wins. They have gotten 166% more bids and only have 72% of the wins.

It’s obvious the ACC and Big East have been under represented and the Big Ten and especially the MWC grossly over represented.

These numbers are nuts

The metrics are just the current distraction , but it’s not really about metrics at all. It’s about TV contracts and TV executives. The ACC is is of no use to CBS and even our ‘partner’ ESPN would rather the league implodes, but that is for football reasons. For basketball, CBS wants as many of their partner teams in as possible.
I think you are on to something here.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT