ADVERTISEMENT

ACCN ACC PM today

Yes to be honest the level of disrespect for the quality of players and coaches in the ACC is astounding. Whoever controls the airwaves controls the narrative. It is really that simple.🙌
There was a very long run that only ended within the past several years when the ACC was the media darling of all college basketball leagues. The Dukie V, types were gushing all over the place all the time about the ACC. Strangely that coincided with the top half of the league being loaded with excellent teams, HOF coaches and superstar players year in year out.

Not sure if you noticed, but it ain’t quite like that anymore.

Maybe the biggest difference between then and now is the rise of the mid-majors. None of the former “power conferences” are stacked up in the top half like they used to be, but there much more quality in some of these mid-major leagues like the BE than there ever used to be.

6 ACC teams should get in. MWC should be getting 4 bids.

Yea, they gotta cut off one of those MWC teams. Their NETs are outstanding due to gaming but when you look at their actual strength of record, they arent good. I like the strength of record metric because it essentially rates how difficult it is to achieve that record. Doesnt care about point spreads. Here's where the MWC and ACC bubble rank for SOR

21 Utah St
25 Nevada
31 Clemson
32 UVa
37 San Diego State
41 Syr
43 Pitt
44 Boise
56 Colorado St
62 Wake
72 UNM

At this point it’s a coin flip among UVA, Wake and Pitt. You could make arguments for any of them. It’s just a matter of preference. None of it matters if Pitt doesn’t beat Wake anyway.

We need to beat WF and 1 other team (UNC?) to be somewhat comfortable about getting in. No guarantees, that's for sure.

We need to beat WF and 1 other team (UNC?) to be somewhat comfortable about getting in. No guarantees, that's for sure.
No disrespect, but winning 2 games puts us in the ACC championship. If this team needs to get to the championship game in order to make the NCAA tournament, then this system is completely broken. I agreed that our last 3 games were "must wins" for consideration. I am now reluctantly coming to the realization that Thursday is a "must win". Needing another win would be lunacy. H2P!

No disrespect, but winning 2 games puts us in the ACC championship. If this team needs to get to the championship game in order to make the NCAA tournament, then this system is completely broken. I agreed that our last 3 games were "must wins" for consideration. I am now reluctantly coming to the realization that Thursday is a "must win". Needing another win would be lunacy. H2P!
I would almost guarantee that wins over Wake and UNC would do the trick.

Right. Win on Thursday and we're in, no doubt. We'll need a lot of breaks to get in if we lose Thursday.

I would almost guarantee that wins over Wake and UNC would do the trick.
The question isn't whether beating Wake and then the #4 team in the country to advance to the ACC champ game gets us off the bubble and in--it would for sure, but that's also highly unlikely to happen.

The question is whether winning the quarterfinal game against (hopefully) Wake but losing to UNC will get us in. I'd like to believe it would but if that's what happens it's a crapshoot. If Wake is upset and we end up playing GT or ND, we're probably screwed.

Seth Greenberg seems to like Wake, Virginia, and Clemson getting the other ACC NCAA bids; not a lot of love from him for Pitt
Kinda odd. Seth usually is fair to Pitt. We'll see what he says after Thursday if Pitt wins.

Kinda odd. Seth usually is fair to Pitt. We'll see what he says after Thursday if Pitt wins.
It could be an opinion based on the match up between Wake and Pitt, since it appears the loser could be out. And let’s face it, the last time Wake played Pitt, the game was over before it started. Now granted wake is a different team away from their home floor, but if you’re a neutral and putting your rep or hard earned money on that game, who you picking? It seems pretty fair to me.

So I think as long as Virginia wins (unless its like a last second shot or realy close game) Thursday they are in. If so then its probably going to be the winner of Pitt Wake for that last spot. Only chance its Pitt and Wake is if they play a really close game and Virginia either losses or wins on a last shot.

So I think as long as Virginia wins (unless its like a last second shot or realy close game) Thursday they are in. If so then its probably going to be the winner of Pitt Wake for that last spot. Only chance its Pitt and Wake is if they play a really close game and Virginia either losses or wins on a last shot.
Rooting for NC State to win a few games, UVA to lose big, and Pitt to win big.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT