ADVERTISEMENT

Adonis Jennings

Pittnerski

Freshman
Sep 11, 2013
saw he is enrolled at Temple. Didn't show much last year and didn't have the chance to really show anything. Temple seems like an odd landing spot. Any chance of tampering there? What's his connection?

saw he is enrolled at Temple. Didn't show much last year and didn't have the chance to really show anything. Temple seems like an odd landing spot. Any chance of tampering there? What's his connection?

Suspect his practice showing indicated he was at least somewhat over-rated coming out of H.S. Given the lack of WR depth behind Tyler Boyd last season he should have gotten time on the field as a freshman if he was really a 4-star caliber recruit at WR.

Just as some 3-stars wind up playing like 4-5 star recruits the opposite also happens. Likely this is the case here and perhaps why it is Temple (vs Rutgers) for getting closer to home.

Wish him all the best at Temple.

Reactions: S'port PITT
Suspect his practice showing indicated he was at least somewhat over-rated coming out of H.S. Given the lack of WR depth behind Tyler Boyd last season he should have gotten time on the field as a freshman if he was really a 4-star caliber recruit at WR.

Just as some 3-stars wind up playing like 4-5 star recruits the opposite also happens. Likely this is the case here and perhaps why it is Temple (vs Rutgers) for getting closer to home.

Wish him all the best at Temple.
It's kind of a shame, because Chad's inexperience at qb limited some of what went on with the receivers other than Boyd. He might have shown more if he had stayed and gotten more experience along with the continued development of Voytik. But I have understood that he just was not happy at Pitt. The move to Temple makes sense as it is not far from his home.

Jennings probably should have been redshirted, but it doesn't matter now that he is gone. I'm sure he'll turn into a productive player at Temple.

How many times was he wide open only to see the ball thrown into triple coverage to Boyd? Chads inexperience did him no favors.

How many times was he wide open only to see the ball thrown into triple coverage to Boyd? Chads inexperience did him no favors.

You may be correct, but somehow I missed all those times when Jennings was wide open. I do remember several times when Orndoff was open down the field, especially on roll-outs, but Chad threw to the shorter, safer sideline route.

I'd say rarely from my recollection. There's a reason why he was behind Weah and others on the depth chart. He wasn't good enough to win PT.
Did anyone, besides Boyd actually earn a starting spot? I think weah and ford started for the same reason Jennings did, because they were next in line because the person prior failed. As much as chad's inexperience did no favors for the development of the wrs, I'm sure they didn't make Chad's development speed up either.

Last edited:
Did anyone, besides Boyd actually earn a starting spot? I think weah and ford started for the same reason Jennings did, because they were next in line because the person prior failed. As much as chad's inexperience did no favors for the development of the wrs, I'm sure they didn't make Chad's development speed up either.
Like I said..it's rare when I say Chad have time to progress and receivers were open.

In the last 6 regular season games of the season, Voytik attempted 17, 20, 24, 16, 20, and 12 passes. Boyd caught 6, 9, 7, 5, 7, 5 passes in each of those games. How many passes are you willing to forego that went towards boyd to go to adonnis jennings?

Moreover, what would you rather see, a ball to scott orndorf or a ball to boyd? Or a running play by James Conner?

In the last 6 regular season games of the season, Voytik attempted 17, 20, 24, 16, 20, and 12 passes. Boyd caught 6, 9, 7, 5, 7, 5 passes in each of those games. How many passes are you willing to forego that went towards boyd to go to adonnis jennings?

Moreover, what would you rather see, a ball to scott orndorf or a ball to boyd? Or a running play by James Conner?
All of the above

Adonis' high school teammates at Temple:

RB Zaire Williams
DB Kareem Ali
DT Greg Webb

Several others from South Jersey. 22 miles from home. Tampering? LOL. Yeah, real odd.

I can't give you a specific number, but I do know that on one occasion, it cost Pitt a ball game.

Perhaps more maturity than talent, but he started off poorly with a perceived fragility and lack of fortitude in camp (always sitting due to nagging "injuries"). Then when he got on the field, appeared slow, didn't run inspired routes, and likely wasn't doing any intangibles (i.e., blocking) that would overcome the first inadequacies. Thus, couldn't see PT over the likes of Garner and Weatherspoon, who weren't exactly Fitz or Bryants. Perhaps he will eventually turn it around and work hard to unleash the talents that were deeply hidden here ... but the guess is he won't. Receivers usually show "the spark" right away, unlike some other positions. He never showed any.

Perhaps more maturity than talent, but he started off poorly with a perceived fragility and lack of fortitude in camp (always sitting due to nagging "injuries"). Then when he got on the field, appeared slow, didn't run inspired routes, and likely wasn't doing any intangibles (i.e., blocking) that would overcome the first inadequacies. Thus, couldn't see PT over the likes of Garner and Weatherspoon, who weren't exactly Fitz or Bryants. Perhaps he will eventually turn it around and work hard to unleash the talents that were deeply hidden here ... but the guess is he won't. Receivers usually show "the spark" right away, unlike some other positions. He never showed any.

Yeah, but he's got that great name...

Go Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT