ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero

Dec 20, 2018
GJ7DpAYbMAAZZ26.jpg
I saw Pitt had reached out to him. Looks like he’s testing his draft status.

To me, he's like a $300K type dude
Pittsburgh native, super athletic, high energy player who is a good rebounder and defender. Improved a ton from freshman to sophomore year.

It’s an interesting case because pre-NIL, bringing him here would’ve been a no-brainer. Now we need to weigh “do we give this person this much vs that person that much?”.

I wouldn’t prioritize Thiero over Carrington, Lowe, or Legget (debatable). But I would love if Thiero were on Pitt.

No way we have enough $ then. If we jettisoned Fede to make room for 300k for retention…

You said mid-ACC for what we can pay. I'd say top ACC is over $2 million. Mid-ACC would be around $1.5 million. If you cant pay $1 million, forget it:

Lowe: 500K
Leggett: 300K
Thiero: 300K
Big: 300K
GDG: 100K
Austin: 75K
Cummings: 30K
Jorge: 10K
Barnes: 5K
Ndiaye: 5K

Ok, yea, that's tight to be able afford all those guys and that's assuming Bub is gone. Still say we gotta go all-in for this year. Divert some of that football money and lets try to make a Final Four run.

You said mid-ACC for what we can pay. I'd say top ACC is over $2 million. Mid-ACC would be around $1.5 million. If you cant pay $1 million, forget it:

Barnes: 5K

Ok, yea, that's tight to be able afford all those guys and that's assuming Bub is gone. Still say we gotta go all-in for this year. Divert some of that football money and lets try to make a Final Four run.
They’re not gonna allocate money that can be used on Bub until they know he’s gone

Did Thiero ever come to Pitt for an unofficial? I know he played at the Pete and I don’t think he ever came for an official, but I can’t remember whether he ever popped up for a one day visit.

Barnes: 5Kl

I doubt that any freshmen signing in the early signing period to an ACC team is being paid 5K .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT