ADVERTISEMENT

An NFL Team vs. Pitt Alumni in the NFL?

What matters more to you, you're favorite NFL team succeeding or the success of Pitt Alumni?

• My NFL Team

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • Pitt Alumni

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Pitt79

Board of Trustee
Oct 3, 2005
With all the discussion about Kenny, Muth and Porter I thought this would be interesting to see, you can only pick one, which matters most to you?

Easy for me, I care more about the Steelers winning than what some guy who used to play for Pitt does.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
It's weird, but...

I definitely care more about the Steelers winning. However...

I care more about Pitt guys making the NFL Hall of Fame.
I'm fine with Pitt players doing great, just not against the Steelers, and if I had to say who I want to succeed it's the Steelers, the laundry, the logo over individual people who just happened to go to Pitt.

The Steelers were the first sports team I fell in love with, so I’d go with them since they’ll always be my favorite team. However, I always pull for ‘Pitt Men in the Pros’ and am happy to see them succeed, whether that’s on the Steelers or on one of our division rivals.

I'm fine with Pitt players doing great, just not against the Steelers, and if I had to say who I want to succeed it's the Steelers, the laundry, the logo over individual people who just happened to go to Pitt.
Kind of like the Steelers v Cowboys in the Super Bowl when they had Dorsett, or v the Cardinals when they had Fitzgerald. In both games I wanted the Steelers to win, and was not focused on the Pitt players. Fitzgerald nearly stole it from the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV. Not sure I would've been happy had that happened ...

Reactions: Upg bobcat
The Steelers were the first sports team I fell in love with, so I’d go with them since they’ll always be my favorite team. However, I always pull for ‘Pitt Men in the Pros’ and am happy to see them succeed, whether that’s on the Steelers or on one of our division rivals.
I cheered when TD ran 99.5 yards for a TD on a Monday Night game, but I have always hated the Cowboys. It may have been the only time I openly cheered for Dorsett until his election into the HOF; and of course, the love he's always had for the Pitt FB program.

I cheered when TD ran 99.5 yards for a TD on a Monday Night game, but I have always hated the Cowboys. It may have been the only time I openly cheered for Dorsett until his election into the HOF; and of course, the love he's always had for the Pitt FB program.
I was happy when Fitz scored and had a great Super Bowl, but only because the Steelers ended up winning.
I echo these sentiments. It’s an “and” for me, not an “or”! :)

Steelers winning by far. That isn't to say I don't want Pitt alumni to succeed in the NFL, I do, just not when they play the Steelers.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
i love larry fitz but during the interception return by harrison, i wish a steeler on the sideline would have taken larry out when he was staying out of bounds on purpose to try and tackle harrison. was such a BS move.

why some steeler on the sideline didnt just take his legs out is beyond me.

i love larry fitz but during the interception return by harrison, i wish a steeler on the sideline would have taken larry out when he was staying out of bounds on purpose to try and tackle harrison. was such a BS move.

Honestly, I disagree. I get what you’re saying and agree with the sentiment, but I absolutely love shot of Fitz running like a madman through the Steelers’ sideline in pursuit of Deebo. A top 10 Super Bowl clip IMO.

Wow, I never noticed that. Would it have been legal had he tackled Harrison?

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Wow, I never noticed that. Would it have been legal had he tackled Harrison?
Yeah, I think so. Ran like 75 yards out of bounds. Not even along sidelines either. But behind the Steelers on the sidelines.

He makes thst tackle, they probably win. Just mad sone dude didn’t just take him out but they were probably busy watching Harrison run a 99 yard interception back.

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Went with the Steelers bc well, that's really the reason I watch the NFL. I don't follow the NFL enough to know how all the Pitt guys are doing but I'm certainly happy when I hear they do well.
Actually I'm interested that they represent Pitt well more so as good overall people than stats.
H2P!

It's weird, but...

I definitely care more about the Steelers winning. However...

I care more about Pitt guys making the NFL Hall of Fame.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "Pitt Guys" going forward in the era of college football mercenaries...Is Jordan Addison a Pitt guy?

Last edited:
With all the discussion about Kenny, Muth and Porter I thought this would be interesting to see, you can only pick one, which matters most to you?
What matters to you more, Steelers success or Pitt success? You can only pick one... More pertinent question as I am not sure how you define the "succeeding" of 30 alumni spread out over 25 teams vs rooting for one team..

What matters to you more, Steelers success or Pitt success? You can only pick one... More pertinent question as I am not sure how you define the "succeeding" of 30 alumni spread out over 25 teams vs rooting for one team..
Steelers.

I root for NFL teams with former Panthers. I was pumped when AD got a ring. Loved watching Whitehead get 3 picks for the Jets opening week. Rooted for the Vikings several games this year (to no avail) because of O’Neill, Pat Jones, and Addison. But I’m always Steelers first in the NFL.

Only thing that might change that is if Pickett went to another team. I think I’d enjoy it if he lit them up just to spite the asshole local media and WVU/ PSU Steeler fans.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I root for NFL teams with former Panthers. I was pumped when AD got a ring. Loved watching Whitehead get 3 picks for the Jets opening week. Rooted for the Vikings several games this year (to no avail) because of O’Neill, Pat Jones, and Addison. But I’m always Steelers first in the NFL.

Only thing that might change that is if Pickett went to another team. I think I’d enjoy it if he lit them up just to spite the asshole local media and WVU/ PSU Steeler fans.
Sounds like your top priority is individual players over a specific team. If Kenny was starting against the Steelers for another team, I'd want him smashed the way the Steelers smashed Palko when he played against them

Sounds like your top priority is individual players over a specific team. If Kenny was starting against the Steelers for another team, I'd want him smashed the way the Steelers smashed Palko when he played against them
No, I don’t care if he isn’t their best option at QB. But the Steeler media and fan base needs to be humbled at times. I’ll take the lumps because it will hurt even more for the KP haters. You can say I’m not a Steele fan, but I’d say they weren’t fans for rooting for him to fail from draft day. Besides it’s one game. Maybe in the Super Bowl my interests would change.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Sounds romantic

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT