ADVERTISEMENT

Bald is Beautiful

ShipofFools

Freshman
Feb 25, 2021
I have to say that through most of my life my hairstyle was an important part of my appearance. Longer hair and mullets in the 70's, 80's and into the early 90's. ( It was the look for the time ). That gave way to a shorter styled, layered and a neater coiffure. As I approach the age of 65 and noticed several months ago my hair thinning in front and up top, the shaved look was calling. Man, do I love it! No more styling and wondering if my hair will stay in place going out in public. No worries of wind, visits to the barber, sticking a comb in my back pocket, or checking on the slightest out of fluff look in public restrooms.

I feel liberated! I feel released from the burden of thinking I need to look good for the sake of public opinion. Besides, release of pressure at 65 falls into being able to hit the urinal with accuracy without wetting your shoes. Priority is in the eye of the beholder. And with my size and beady eyes, I look more intimidating at red lights, supermarkets, and The Home Depot.

The purpose of the thread is to never fear change at any age or circumstance. It's all in the outlook. Not necessarily in the outer look.

I too have very thick poker straight hair that i used tons of product with to style into the corporate look. It worked but always worried about wind rain etc. covid gave me the courage to shave the sides and back with a size 1 buzzer and cut the top to maybe a inch or so. Just love it with no hassle. With i would have had the courage to do it 15 years ago when i was in my 40s. Now i head to a barber instead of a pricey stylist.

Reactions: ShipofFools
I have been shaving my head for over 30 years. When we took our now 40 something children to NYC when they were in their teens, a cashier at a restaurant pointed at me and said “King and I”. This was in reference to Yul Brynner.
My hair was balding when I got married in Heinz Chapel 48 years ago. Started shaving it in my30’s.
Still feels great after a shave. High and tight!

I have most of my hair still and prefer keeping it long-ish (even if it is rapidly turning white). I did buzz it down last summer and it was wonderful not having to take care of it much. But my misshapen head just isn’t meant to be bald. And I did catch a sunburn on the top of my head.

I have most of my hair still and prefer keeping it long-ish (even if it is rapidly turning white). I did buzz it down last summer and it was wonderful not having to take care of it much. But my misshapen head just isn’t meant to be bald. And I did catch a sunburn on the top of my head.
I have an ugly head. I am scared to shave my head.
I had the same concern about the shape of my head. Still took the plunge. I figured i could always grow it back if I didn't like it. It is my look now. Plus I have a wide collection of Pitt hats for protection.

I will say that it is a personal choice and not for everybody.

I'm happy to hear that embracing the bald look has brought you a sense of liberation and freedom from the burden of maintaining a particular hairstyle. It's also inspiring to hear your message of never fearing change at any age or circumstance and focusing on the outlook rather than the outer look. Of course, everyone has the freedom to choose whether to embrace baldness or seek out restoration methods. If you're someone who's interested in finding a solution to baldness, it may be worth contacting a top hair restoration clinic, such as Toronto’s leading facility for world-class hair treatments. Ultimately, the decision to pursue hair restoration is a personal one, but it's always a good idea to explore your options and seek out the best possible resources to help you achieve your goals.

Last edited:
I have been shaving my head for over 30 years. When we took our now 40 something children to NYC when they were in their teens, a cashier at a restaurant pointed at me and said “King and I”. This was in reference to Yul Brynner.
My hair was balding when I got married in Heinz Chapel 48 years ago. Started shaving it in my30’s.
Still feels great after a shave. High and tight!
Who loves ya baby?

Reactions: Pitt1975 and CCHS82
I don't shave mine but I started buzzing it down to nearly nothing about ten years ago. Just got so thin and I wear a beanie most of the time anyway because I'm always cold. Started doing it myself or letting my kid do it when the pandemic started and everything was closed. I had clippers for the dog and figured, why not. Eventually bought a nicer set when the run on them was over. No regrets.

no joking, i'd love to be bald and not look like a conehead alien.. if you are a dude and can pull off the bald look, the world is your oyster..

i'll tell you what would be cool, having the wife/girlfriend be a hair stylist (or whatever a female barber is called). to be able to have your better 1/2 cut your hair every week and keep it at the length you like, free of charge of course, would be sweet..

no joking, i'd love to be bald and not look like a conehead alien.. if you are a dude and can pull off the bald look, the world is your oyster..

i'll tell you what would be cool, having the wife/girlfriend be a hair stylist (or whatever a female barber is called). to be able to have your better 1/2 cut your hair every week and keep it at the length you like, free of charge of course, would be sweet..
I assure you, it wouldn't work that way at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I married a nurse. I'll be dead three days before she bothers to check on me.
I'm married to one, too. I could have a tumor the size of a football on the the side of my head and she'd tell me to take two tylenol. But if I have a hangnail she wants to take me to the ER.

I don't shave my head, but I get it buzzed as close as possible. If I have to comb it, it's too long. I used to go to a barber, but since covid my wife does it. Saves money, but she'll follow me around with clippers for 3 hours afterward saying she missed a spot.

Reactions: pittdan77
I have to say that through most of my life my hairstyle was an important part of my appearance. Longer hair and mullets in the 70's, 80's and into the early 90's. ( It was the look for the time ). That gave way to a shorter styled, layered and a neater coiffure. As I approach the age of 65 and noticed several months ago my hair thinning in front and up top, the shaved look was calling. Man, do I love it! No more styling and wondering if my hair will stay in place going out in public. No worries of wind, visits to the barber, sticking a comb in my back pocket, or checking on the slightest out of fluff look in public restrooms.

I feel liberated! I feel released from the burden of thinking I need to look good for the sake of public opinion. Besides, release of pressure at 65 falls into being able to hit the urinal with accuracy without wetting your shoes. Priority is in the eye of the beholder. And with my size and beady eyes, I look more intimidating at red lights, supermarkets, and The Home Depot.

The purpose of the thread is to never fear change at any age or circumstance. It's all in the outlook. Not necessarily in the outer look.
Brittany Spears figured this out years ago. When I read the title of this post I thought we were going to discuss Brazilian waxes.

I married a nurse. I'll be dead three days before she bothers to check on me.

I'm married to one, too. I could have a tumor the size of a football on the the side of my head and she'd tell me to take two tylenol. But if I have a hangnail she wants to take me to the ER.

I don't shave my head, but I get it buzzed as close as possible. If I have to comb it, it's too long. I used to go to a barber, but since covid my wife does it. Saves money, but she'll follow me around with clippers for 3 hours afterward saying she missed a spot.

My wife is an oncology nurse. No sympathy for anything ever. "Be thankful you don't have cancer!"

I understand how important it is to accept yourself as you are, and that's great. However, because of genetics, I can stay bald at 35, and I feel like I'm in the prime of my life. So, I decided to seek help from Hair Transplant Clinic Florida. There is nothing wrong with wanting to maintain your looks and confidence. I believe the hair transplant procedure will help restore the density of my hair and highlight my natural beauty. Perhaps someday, I can come to terms with my hair loss and accept it, but for now, I am not ready for that.

Last edited:

Buzz cuts rule. Love wash and wear hair.

God created but a few perfect heads……The rest, He covered with hair!

I grew a beard during covid and considered shaving my head for the bald with beard look. Then I realized that my hair just looks too damn good. It would be unfair to deprive others the chance to see it!

• Haha
So it seems pretty obvious these past few weeks the aim of many of these threads have been strictly to get on the web site that features the moronic message board threads…well, this one certainly seems worthy, so mazel tov…

So it seems pretty obvious these past few weeks the aim of many of these threads have been strictly to get on the web site that features the moronic message board threads…well, this one certainly seems worthy, so mazel tov…

It's as if people just like to talk about things and give their thoughts on a subject. Huh. Who woulda thought?

Thanks for reminding me why I have had you on ignore for so long. I only read this one because it's my thread. Back to ignore...so mazel tov.

I understand how important it is to accept yourself as you are, and that's great. However, because of genetics, I can stay bald at 35, and I feel like I'm in the prime of my life. There is nothing wrong with wanting to maintain your looks and confidence. I believe the hair transplant procedure will help restore the density of my hair and highlight my natural beauty. Perhaps someday, I can come to terms with my hair loss and accept it, but for now, I am not ready for that.
90% of your looks come from your face, your smile and your body. Hair is just icing on the cake. Ask a woman…

If you’re ugly and bald, you’ll be ugly with hair too…

Last edited:
I’m 40 and still have a luscious mane - and no I’m not fat and ugly.

However - I do feel like if you start losing it, it’s much better to just accept it and take a 1 to it all. Combovers and everything just look so bad.

Props to those that embrace it.

What would you expect from someone that is 52 years old and takes pride in being a drunk.
I was telling another turd on this board a few days back, i post things that crack me up and am generally F*****G around. U guys believe what you read….. Morons….

Alopecia. I shaved my head and it never grew back. I had nightmares about going bald before. Now I have nightmares about hair growing and I don't notice until it looks ridiculous. Never had a problem with females liking the bald look. In fact they love it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT