ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL - 3/1/14 - Pitt vs East Carolina ......

Re: Pitt 2 ECU 4, mid 7th

First batter takes one to the wall. The. We walk a guy that is 1-21 this season, that's .048! That's no way to rally

Re: Pitt 2 ECU 4, end of 7

Originally posted by GoneFisching:
Pazos throws out the runner at 2nd followed with a K.

Time to get the bats rolling!!!
Pazos has thrown out 3 or 4 runners trying to steal this season so far..... does it look like he has a good arm ?

Re: Pitt 2 ECU 4, Mid 8th

Double play, that sucks

Yeah, Pazos definitely has an arm. He should have thrown out a guy earlier in the game at 2nd but no one covered the bag, had to wait for the throw. Also had an op at 3rd. He's 1-3 today, but blame the fielders for one, pitcher for the other

ECU 4 Pitt 2, Final ........

Pitt now 4-4 ..... play Western Kentucky tomorrow..... gotta take one out of the 3 weekend games.

Glad to see Harvey kept the BB's down, but I wonder if his value isn't higher in the pen.

Either way, I'll be fascinated to watch how things evolve throughout the season.

TJ struggled in his 2 starts so the staff felt that Harvey was the best option.

Harve didn't give up a hit through three, but let's be clear that he was getting hit well. They were just within reach of the center fielder. I was surprised he came back to start the fifth after giving up two runs and four hits in the fourth. It was clear he didn't have much left. He also didn't appear to have great stuff all game. Good enough is what I would call it.

Either way it was a quality start against a good team (better than their record).

Definitely need to get the bats rolling if we are going to beat WKU who lost to both ECU and OSU by one in this tourney.

Oh, I get that. I'm just saying, beyond Zeuch, Curtis & Roche have actually started games before. I'm almost certain that Harvey's first start in a Panthers uniform.

Not knocking the talent, I just don't know how prudent it is to see a pattern of him being used that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT