ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL-4/4/15- Notre Dame vs Pitt (game 1).....

goalieman

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2002
Doubleheader today and single game tomorrow.

This post was edited on 4/4 3:43 PM by goalieman

43 degrees and sunny to start the 1st game ......

TJ Zeuch on the mound for Pitt in game 1.

1st inning ..... ND got a two out single and a stolen base but ....

Zeuch struck out the side and ND didn't score in the 1st.

Leblanc doubled for Pitt in the 1st but .....

he was stranded as the ND pitcher also struck out the side in the 1st.

2nd inning ..... ND scored a run in the top of the 2nd and leads 1-0 ..

Pitt coming to bat in the bottom of the 2nd.

ND 1 Pitt 0, end of 2 innings .....

Frabasilio led off with a single for Pitt in the 2nd but promptly was thrown out trying to steal 2nd.

End of 3 innings .... ND leads 4-0 ......

Pitt stranded a runner on 3rd in the bottom of the 3rd.

Hitting and pitching not good so far today.... 7-0 ND end of 6 innings*

nm

Re: Hitting and pitching not good so far today.... 7-0 ND end of 6 innings*

We started out so good in the ACC, sat at 4-4, now looking down the barrel of 5 straight hammer--job losses we're just getting pounded virtually every game?

Originally posted by California Panther:
We started out so good in the ACC, sat at 4-4, now looking down the barrel of 5 straight hammer--job losses we're just getting pounded virtually every game?
Pitching hasn't been nearly as good recently and hitting/fielding haven't been that good all year.

Blue Jackets score two quick goals late in the 2nd period ... tied 2-2...

end of the 2nd period.

Originally posted by goalieman:

Pitching hasn't been nearly as good recently and hitting/fielding haven't been that good all year.
I know we're basically in over our heads right now vs the much tougher ACC baseball teams but so much change-over in the roster from last year. Hopefully we'll be better in the future?

Re: NOTRE DAME 8 PITT 1, Final (game 1 of the doubleheader).....

TJ Zeuch the starting pitcher for Pitt had a bad outing giving up 11 hits and 7 runs in 5 innings but Josh Mitchell (redshirt freshman) pitched well in relief .... 4 innings, 1 hit, 1 run.

Pitt's run came in the bottom of the 9th on a solo home run by Frabasilio.

I know we're basically in over our heads right now vs the much tougher ACC baseball teams but so much change-over in the roster from last year. Hopefully we'll be better in the future?
Yeah, BIG turnover in the roster from last season ..... some graduated, some got drafted by MLB, but several players left with eligibility left and I'm not sure why ? .... maybe Pitt thought they were bringing in better players .... we have a lot of freshman and a lot of JUCO's that came in this season. Maybe they are adjusting to a higher caliber of baseball. We'll see if there is improvement or not. I haven't seen any games this year to evaluate the team and not sure if I will be able to see any games live this year.

Blue Jackets score again and lead 4-2 with about 10 minutes to play*

nm

Pens score a quick goal (Lovejoy)..... down 4-3 with 9:50 to play*

nm

ADVERTISEMENT