ADVERTISEMENT

BOWL GAME MANIA!!!!!!

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
So often through the years, I hear people complain about "too many bowl games". Especially media, ya know, sports media, guys supposed to cover and be interested in sports. I always said it made for great filler between Christmas and NYD.

A little thing happened on the way to the 2023-24 bowl season. Opt outs, transfer portal, whining, excuses. It has been building over the years....but now is full on. Bowl are absolutely meaningless now and completely excess calories. People say "well next year will be even worse" and I say, not really. Because there will be more actual important (playoff games) that are meaningful and interesting. So at least that is a step in the right direction. Of course you will still have opt outs, and still have coaches leaving teams before the season is over.

This sports seems hell bent on consuming itself with greed. And now, those who have whined (Ron Cook) about the bowl games being meaningless and uninteresting, are right. I mean it is one thing to have kids opt out of the Gasparilla or Military Bowls. But when you have a Heisman finalist opt out of a NYD 6 bowl, his school's biggest bowl game in 40 years (yes Kenny, I am talking about you) or the Orange Bowl this year which really shouldn't even be played........ These networks have caused alot of this crap right now....so they better start telling these schools, "your kids play or we are breaking TV contracts".

NIL IS PAY FOR PLAY!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News