ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season Boredom

WVU was far from one of the worst 10 P5 teams.
This is why college football has become total garbage. There’s the true top 8-10. Then there’s the next group of 5-8 that have a “chance” if things line up right. After that, the remaining teams may as well not play.

This is why college football has become total garbage. There’s the true top 8-10. Then there’s the next group of 5-8 that have a “chance” if things line up right. After that, the remaining teams may as well not play.
In some respects, it's really always been this way, though. You could always predict the teams that would end up in the top 20 by the end of the season, by week 2, for the most part. But yeah, with the portal, it's going to be harder.

Sure, they should, just for fans and alumni to show up and drink at the tailgate party, who cares about the playoffs or championship, just count your team's games as stand-alone personal entertainment events or just TV shows.

More Bowl fun

Buttgers 14
Mario’s Crystal Balls 0

If Miami's players gave half as much effort during this game as the did in the pregame hullabaloo they might be OK.

Every bowl season there are several teams that look like they just don't give a crap. Miami is one of those teams.

Reactions: DruidTM
To be fair, WVU didn’t schedule cupcakes. They played two P5 teams OOC. One of which they knew at the time of scheduling the game that that team was going to be so far above them they were probably scheduling a L.

I agree with that. But they got really lucky with their B12 schedule and Pitt playing a guy who would be 3rd string a few weeks later. 0-1 vs Big 12 Top 6

NC state our only hope since FSU is missing like half the team and UGA is missing… uh…. Nobody actually

Lol

TCU last year. A little worse than that. Somehow TCU beat Michigan but they did have a great WR and QB like Pitt 2021. Louisville is a 6-6 team
TCU may have been able to beat Michigan anyway, but there were articles pointing out that TCU knew Michigan was cheating by stealing signs, so for the bowl game with Michigan, TCU kept the same signs, but changed the meaning.

That was a big part of your, "somehow'.

We’ll get ready because it’s

Buttgers 28
Mario’s Crystal Balls 17

The stupidity of Cristobal strikes again. Down 14 with the ball with 2:35 left and 2 TO's, he ends the game with 2 timeouts. This guy needs to handle all clock/game management over to an intern or something because he isnt capable.

2:35 1st down, gain of 20, no TO taken, 25 seconds go off

2:10 run out of bounds to 2:01, no TO taken, clock keeps running, 16 more seconds come off

1:44 2nd and 1 1st down pass out of bounds

1:38 1st and 10 6 yard pass in middle of field, no TO taken, 19 more seconds come off

1:19 2nd and 4 15 yard run out of bounds

1:10 incomplete

1:04 run out of bounds

0:56 incomplete

0:49 1st down middle of field, no TO taken, only 3 seconds come off though

Fast forward some PI's and they score a TD with 27 seconds. Get the onside kick but have no time to do anything

Rule of thumb. Call TOs as early as possible. Extend the game. Save the time and adjust how you call the game later on. Dont save your TOs

Announcers were questioning why he wasn't calling TO's. The one said this is his MO

Reactions: sonofabit
The bowl games are a complete joke with kids transferring and opting out. If I’m not mistaken NC was not only missing Maye but also their top receivers It’s basically a spring game played in the winter

The bowl games are a complete joke with kids transferring and opting out. If I’m not mistaken NC was not only missing Maye but also their top receivers It’s basically a spring game played in the winter
Yep...and FSU's entire team is opting out.

Yep...and FSU's entire team is opting out.

Yet another reason that "bowl" games are meaningless except to the players who opt to play and the parents of those players, and maybe a few die hard fans. No one else cares nor should they.

Reactions: 303vND
There's currently a 2-page thread at the top of your premium board talking about WVU ;)

And I don't care. If you do, go knock yourself out. Even when Pitt is in a "bowl" game, I seldom watch it because many players opt out and it means nothing. It's an exhibition game for the parents and probably fun for a few fans if their team wins. That's it.

TCU may have been able to beat Michigan anyway, but there were articles pointing out that TCU knew Michigan was cheating by stealing signs, so for the bowl game with Michigan, TCU kept the same signs, but changed the meaning.

That was a big part of your, "somehow'.

Yeah, it's amazing the difference between when you know what's coming and that's what the opponent does and when you "know" what's coming and the opponent does something different.

It's almost as if illegally stealing signs is a big advantage.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
With all the grumbling it’s important to smile once in awhile. The Mayo Bowl and Pop Tarts bowl and mascots etc were childish fun. Loved the pop tart mascot

With all the grumbling it’s important to smile once in awhile. The Mayo Bowl and Pop Tarts bowl and mascots etc were childish fun. Loved the pop tart mascot

When the Lume Bowl starts up, I will pay more attention to bowl season. The tradition will be that the players get to apply Lume to the HC's buttcrack. Penn State will love this game.

Disappointed they didn’t pour anti-freeze or motor oil on the winning coach in the AutoZone Bowl.

Reactions: kma0043
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think Jurkovec and CV are better than Ohio States two QB’s. If you aren’t watching the Cotton Bowl you’re not missing anything. It kind of reminds me of the Pitt - Oregon St Sun Bowl 😊😊

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think Jurkovec and CV are better than Ohio States two QB’s. If you aren’t watching the Cotton Bowl you’re not missing anything. It kind of reminds me of the Pitt - Oregon St Sun Bowl 😊😊
It’s really bad!

Reactions: USN_Panther
The only thing worse than the offenses is the annoying, screaming Taco Bell commercial showing 20 year olds eating garbage. The commercial actually produces a foul smell with its audio/visuals.

When the Lume Bowl starts up, I will pay more attention to bowl season. The tradition will be that the players get to apply Lume to the HC's buttcrack. Penn State will love this game.

Surely you have seen one of the commercials that your favorite spokesperson has started running recently for Mando, the Lume for men?

I figured that was probably your favorite Christmas gift.

Surely you have seen one of the commercials that your favorite spokesperson has started running recently for Mando, the Lume for men?

I figured that was probably your favorite Christmas gift.

That is where you are wrong, my ass does not smell so I don't go around worrying about it like apparently everyone else does. I never knew ass-smell anxiety was such a problem.

Just a reminder the non-playoff NY6 bowls are also meaningless, ESPN bumped the Peach and Orange to the daytime so they can show the NFL tonight. Plus they’re running other bowl games on ABC when the Peach and Orange are being played, they’ll do the same on Monday with the Fiesta.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT