ADVERTISEMENT

Brooklyn Tourney Games

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Pitt's Nov. 22 Game #1 (vs Florida) is nearly a tossup (Florida by Pomeroy less than 1 point). Other Nov 22 game will have Pomeroy #9 Baylor a huge favorite (by 24) over Oregon State.

Lose to Florida and Pitt will likely be about a Pomeroy 16 point favorite over Oregon State in Nov. 24. Beat Florida and Pitt will likely be an 8 point underdog to Baylor.

Bottom Line: Pitt going 1-1 is most probable. Going 2-0 or 0-2 is unlikely.

Looking forward to the games.

Torvik has Florida (-4) and BPI basically a toss up (55% for Gators). They are also a poor free throw shooting team…

I’ll take Pitt here. We’ve have wildly outperformed lines so far other than FGCU.

Both teams had good games shooting yesterday. Both shoot very poorly from the line though I’ll give Pitt a slight edge there with main players shooting FT. Florida has already played UVA and FSU so that may be an advantage this early. I think FGCU was a wake up call for the bigs. Fede can step it up like in ACC play. Hinson and Bub want to be known nationally. I could see both going 6-12 from 3 or both going 2-9. It’s hard to know until there, but Pitt is no longer one dimensional like last year. They have enough balance and depth to help overcome a bad night from 3. It seems Florida got a transfer guard playing for first time last night who looked good. Not sure if that player was injured earlier in season but maybe if they had him they would have beat UVA. I hope we get some fan presence with the excitement they have built so far.

Torvik has Florida (-4) and BPI basically a toss up (55% for Gators). They are also a poor free throw shooting team…

That's in the "efficiency metrics" which are still weighted with preseason stuff regarding torvik's efficiency ranking.

In torvik's actual "power rankings", we are 16th in the country. And some of those teams ahead of us in the actual power rankings have only played 1 actual D1 opponent. Florida is 30th in the actual power rankings. This is going to be a great test for us.

Both teams had good games shooting yesterday. Both shoot very poorly from the line though I’ll give Pitt a slight edge there with main players shooting FT. Florida has already played UVA and FSU so that may be an advantage this early. I think FGCU was a wake up call for the bigs. Fede can step it up like in ACC play. Hinson and Bub want to be known nationally. I could see both going 6-12 from 3 or both going 2-9. It’s hard to know until there, but Pitt is no longer one dimensional like last year. They have enough balance and depth to help overcome a bad night from 3. It seems Florida got a transfer guard playing for first time last night who looked good. Not sure if that player was injured earlier in season but maybe if they had him they would have beat UVA. I hope we get some fan presence with the excitement they have built so far.
Zyon Pullin is the guard that played in his first game for Florida last night. He's a transfer from UC Riverside. He was suspended the first 3 games by the NCAA for playing in the Portsmouth Invitational.

Florida should be a good test.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
I’ll take Pitt here. We’ve have wildly outperformed lines so far other than FGCU.
The spread varies, I'm seeing anywhere from +2.5
to +5. I really like what I've seen from Pitt so far.
However two things concern me:
1. Our defense IMO is still questionable.
2. The FGCU game. They gave us a real battle,
despite being 1-4. They've lost to some pretty
poor teams ( Hampton and Norfolk ST). They
were in it against us until the end. They also
manhandled both Diaz and Fedrico inside.
This our first big test. Let's see what we do
with the opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: PITT 76
Yeah, the next 4-5 games will tell alot if they can work around enough getting exposed at the 4/5 and the guards facing an uptick in competition.

The spread varies, I'm seeing anywhere from +2.5
to +5. I really like what I've seen from Pitt so far.
However two things concern me:
1. Our defense IMO is still questionable.
2. The FGCU game. They gave us a real battle,
despite being 1-4. They've lost to some pretty
poor teams ( Hampton and Norfolk ST). They
were in it against us until the end. They also
manhandled both Diaz and Fedrico inside.
This our first big test. Let's see what we do
with the opportunity.
I agree about bigs performance in that game, however, very bad shooting night for Pitt. Also, I posted in another thread about bad luck for FGCU. Two of those losses came to teams that shot basically 50 percent from 3 against them and like 10-20 percent in games before or after playing them. They also kept it close versus Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT