ADVERTISEMENT

Butler

noelr

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
Why doesnt he decommit if he is still planning other visits? His act is immature and tiresome

It's June..... worry about this in December. If I had the opportunity as a 17 year old kid to get free trips and red carpet treatment from other Universities, I'd most likely take them. I think on the other site someone said that kids commit verbally early in order to slow the process down and stop the constant badgering from various programs in order to really identify what's important to them. If Pitt is It for Butler, fantastic. If not, I have great faith in what Narduzzi and Conklin can do with recruiting and developing the DB position.

#H2P

I would prefer my donations and season tickets go to someone who actually wants to come here and understands commitment

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I have no problem with his wavering a bit during his early commitment but now he is using us as leverage and a fall back

Last edited:
To all,

We need to understand and think like a 17-18 year old. These guys already know where they want to go but an "official" visit is like a VIP mini wkd vaca

Plane flights, front row football/basketball games, best hotels, best restaurant, college parties, etc

All of these prospects are friends on social media and talk about their visit... The natural response is for others to if they have the opportunity and visits left to use all 5 visits

I had 5 visits and only took 4 still regret not taking the 5th....I could have seen a place I had never seen before for FREE

Some of these kids have never left their state or counties for that matter

So the question is WOULDN'T YOU TAKE ALL OF YOUR VISITS?

Rhetorical Question btw because if you say no you are simply lying to yourself

Its not a commitment until signing day. Until then, its just a verbal, which means nothing. About as meaningful as a coach's long-term contract. And that's a contract, and it still means nothing.

A coach can pull an offer up until signing day. And kids get pressured every day to commit, and are told that their spot might be taken by someone else soon if they don't commit. With these being the circumstances, I'd advise any kid to verbal if it feels right, but to keeping looking around. Sucks to be a fan and watch this happen, but I don't fault any of the kids, given how the process goes.

Would love to read on Signing Day and many Saturdays ....

The Butler Did It & Pitt Wins It!!!!
:cool:
&
Sanders Is Another Pitt Real McCoy!!!!
:)

ADVERTISEMENT