ADVERTISEMENT

Capel got Coach of the Year

BreakingPitt

All Conference
Apr 27, 2021
and basically no one said a word on here about it, that means CBB is a slime fest and no one likes those guys.
idk, you guys tell me....what happened to the sport.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
and basically no one said a word on here about it, that means CBB is a slime fest and no one likes those guys.
It’s not even 11:00 in the morning, man.

There were numerous mentions of it on this board since it was announced. But I agree....college sports in general are a slimefest. That's what it's turned into now.

And yeah who gives a shit. He won an arbitrary award and the team is disintegrating.

He needs them to play some sort of defense next week and I'll be impressed.

The Capel collapse is in full effect but it started very late this season.
I hope he has a good season next year and somehow it gets him a different job. I don't want Capel long term. I like him alot as a person. But I just don't like him long term.

Reactions: PittPoker
I hope he has a good season next year and somehow it gets him a different job. I don't want Capel long term. I like him alot as a person. But I just don't like him long term.
Agree. But if he has a good season again he will probably get another extension. But I'm with you, I think he is a below avg coach.

And yeah who gives a shit. He won an arbitrary award and the team is disintegrating.

He needs them to play some sort of defense next week and I'll be impressed.

Have to agree. This COY for Capel was just because he took a team that was REALLY bad the last few years and somehow was able to flip their record. How they've played in the last few games is more an indicator of how good they really are. Not sure that's Capel's fault entirely as we just don't have the quality of players to keep up with the top 4 or 5 teams in the ACC. That's just the brutal fact. Let's see how Capel handles a possible NCAAT game and if this team can somehow play decent defense, enough to stop the opponent.

Reactions: Drew1208
Agree. But if he has a good season again he will probably get another extension. But I'm with you, I think he is a below avg coach.
Prolly. And I think we'll be relevant next year again. I think talent is going to be actually much higher. As well as depth and athleticism. But can he get the right guys to fit together. Should be interesting

Reactions: PittPoker

I hope the same. I hope he knocks them dead next year and we win 25 games and win the ACC Championship. Then I hope he moves on. We need someone who we can count on long term to be here. He isn't that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT