ADVERTISEMENT

CAPITOL HILL CLASSIC

ILMPanther

Walk-on
Feb 9, 2014
Anyone we should look for this tournament pittdan77? I’ll probably make it a point to watch Alexis Ewing this year. You seem to be more in tune to individual players from up that way than I am.
Really intrigued by the number of teams that will be there this weekend and where they are from. Our 15u pod on Saturday has us from NC, a team from Long Island, a team from Maryland, and a team from Canada.
Those international matches can get wild. Last year my daughter’s team played a team from Puerto Rico and those girls and their parents were really into it. It was a blast.

Reactions: pittdan77
I heard that tournament is wild. They even put courts in the concourses, supposedly. Best of luck. Metro should be there. That’s who I’d be sure to watch.

We’re at the Prez Day Showdown (EC Power Series) at the Philly Expo Center. Not nearly as big a tournament in terms of talent. Mostly PA, MD, VA, NJ, and NY teams.

We played a team from PR last year and had the same experience. Lots of interest there. Some of those Canadian teams are really good. They do club a little differently up there until the girls are older but I know the teams our 16’s and 17’s faced in Cleveland were really good.

Good luck!

"Those international matches can get wild. Last year my daughter’s team played a team from Puerto Rico ..." Ummm....

Congrats!
Yeah, the low ceilings just kill the flow of a game. Brutal for a tournament.

So we are 4-0 so far. Our club as a total was 22-2 for the day yesterday. Competition is tougher today, plus those second days are very difficult for our girls. Anyway should be interesting. 2 more matches to play today and a medal round tomorrow.

Saw Coach Akeo here last night. Any idea who she might be looking at? And talked for awhile to the head coach from Chestnut Hill College yesterday. Really nice guy with a lot of great insight into each position and what he looks for.

Good luck today.

Congrats!
Yeah, the low ceilings just kill the flow of a game. Brutal for a tournament.

So we are 4-0 so far. Our club as a total was 22-2 for the day yesterday. Competition is tougher today, plus those second days are very difficult for our girls. Anyway should be interesting. 2 more matches to play today and a medal round tomorrow.

Saw Coach Akeo here last night. Any idea who she might be looking at? And talked for awhile to the head coach from Chestnut Hill College yesterday. Really nice guy with a lot of great insight into each position and what he looks for.

Good luck today.
Hard to say who a coach would be looking at. Were a lot of really good players down there. I caught one video from DC over the weekend over a protest. Official called back row attack on a jump set. No idea what the heck that was.

We ended up finishing fifth. Overall, a much better outcome. Both or our losses in the tournament were to the two teams that played for the division championship. Seems to be our luck. We always catch a team like that in pool play. Sad part is, we could have beat them and we had the other team on the ropes twice and made some unforced errors. All of our teams made the gold bracket. I think our club had only lot three on Saturday. Pretty good outcome. My daughter played well but she didn't get many scoring opportunities because our outsides were on fire. She took out the setter once, too. Life of a middle.

We're at the Blue Ribbon Brawl (Grand Prix) this coming weekend and then we're off for a while. Could use the break. We have some teams headed to Beach Fest but my daughter isn't in that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT