ADVERTISEMENT

Coach preference.

It's way too early to say. He came into a program that had trouble even winning a game, so no matter how good he is it's going to take a few years to turn the team into a good one. He's brought in a lot of recruits and recently got a commitment from a top 50 player, which may be a first in Pitt program history, but the real results are what happens on the field, so we will see.

Cool - hope he does well!

In terms of the wrestling job, we interviewed two great coaches and hired neither one. What does that say to any other top notch guys? Pitt lacks commitment to wrestling? Something is wrong there? The AD isn't someone for whom I would like to work? It all just looks bad. I really have nothing against Kocher and/or Headlee, but neither guy excites me as a candidate, considering the landscape in college wrestling.

In terms of the wrestling job, we interviewed two great coaches and hired neither one. What does that say to any other top notch guys? Pitt lacks commitment to wrestling? Something is wrong there? The AD isn't someone for whom I would like to work? It all just looks bad. I really have nothing against Kocher and/or Headlee, but neither guy excites me as a candidate, considering the landscape in college wrestling.
Yes, was told tonight both Santoro and Flynn could have had the job, but something pulled them away. Roselli was contacted, but was not interested. I was told salary was not issue, Pat was offered more than he is making at Lehigh. Just got the feeling from my source that the commitment from above Was just not there for Flynn and Santoro to leave their current situations. Pitt has to get a big name, multiple national champ type guy. To do that the commitment has to be there from above AD. Tonight it appears that the goal of an elite program, is not getting traction were it needs..the top. Looks like a high end assistant who is looking for that HC oppitunitity is the best we can hope for.

Yes, was told tonight both Santoro and Flynn could have had the job, but something pulled them away. Roselli was contacted, but was not interested. I was told salary was not issue, Pat was offered more than he is making at Lehigh. Just got the feeling from my source that the commitment from above Was just not there for Flynn and Santoro to leave their current situations. Pitt has to get a big name, multiple national champ type guy. To do that the commitment has to be there from above AD. Tonight it appears that the goal of an elite program, is not getting traction were it needs..the top. Looks like a high end assistant who is looking for that HC oppitunitity is the best we can hope for.

I'm really not a wrestling guy, but this whole thing has been really disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT