ADVERTISEMENT

Delaney:'not open to a blank check to reorganize the regular season'

I don't want the two best teams in the title game, I'd rather see Pitt have a chance! :)

Reactions: #1TinCup
I like divisions but acc needs better rotation. These forced rivalry games with cross division is pointless. Having a team like Clemson come to pittsburgh once a decade is laughable.

I don't often say this but I agree with Delany.

I think the Big 12 and the ACC leadership need to be more transparent than they have been thus far with regard to deregulation.

As a Pitt fan, the clandestine nature of the ACC makes me nervous. There are a lot of scenarios which could seem like a good deal initially but which will turn out to be a decidedly bad deal in the long run for schools like us and Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forest, etc.

I would like to play Florida State and Clemson more frequently as well. However, playing them once every eight years instead of once every 12 years is not worth it if it means that teams like Miami and Virginia Tech come off the annual schedule. That is a bad trade for Pitt.

Also, I worry about introducing subjectivity into the process by which conference championship game match ups are decided. That would not be a good thing for a northern school that does not travel well and has no cache in this league. If there was ever a judgment call to be made, we would almost certainly get hosed under that arrangement.

I think from the Pitt Panthers' perspective, the simpler and more transparent the system is the better.

Swofford said just last week that a majority of the schools want to keep the divisions as they are now. There isn't a plan to change anything. It's just that fans and writers are determined to see something that isn't there.

Swofford said just last week that a majority of the schools want to keep the divisions as they are now. There isn't a plan to change anything. It's just that fans and writers are determined to see something that isn't there.

Agree, its mostly some fans on blogs and Bowlsby that are jumping the gun. And Delaney thumping his chest rashly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT