ADVERTISEMENT

Did Anyone See the Women's Tennis Recruits

PotterCountyNative

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2005
Get updates via an app on my android, and saw that Pitt women's tennis got 4 recruits:

Clara Lucas, Spain
Ka Man Carina Ma, Hong Kong
Natsumi Okamoto, Japan
Gabriela Rezende, Brazil

Wow, talk about international flavor, hopefully they improve the skill level.

In our current state, with a lack of a winning pedigree and no on-campus facilities, it's tough to attract the attention of the top 100 high-schoolers in the U.S. If you look at most collegiate tennis programs - men and women - there is typically an international presence. There is no limit as to the number of international players you can have on your team. So Coach Santos is taking the shortest and most common route to building our program. Ha is the highest ranked recruit in the group - she's actually in the top 250 internationally, and Rezende is not that far behind. This is, by far, the best recruiting class we've ever had. There is no doubt they will improve our skill level. Will it be enough to finally be competitive in the ACC? Too early to tell. But it is a major step in the right direction. Remember, Coach Santos came from the University of Miami where he was rated the top assistant in the country. If you haven't met him (I have), know that he is the right man for the job.

Get updates via an app on my android, and saw that Pitt women's tennis got 4 recruits:

Clara Lucas, Spain
Ka Man Carina Ma, Hong Kong
Natsumi Okamoto, Japan
Gabriela Rezende, Brazil

Wow, talk about international flavor, hopefully they improve the skill level.

I did not see that, but that's some good information.

I went to the Wake Forest match wanting to see how good our Pennsylvania four stars were and left most impressed with his last (only?) international recruit, Ogungbesan. Given that, I'm interested to see what these ladies can bring to the program - there is certainly some spots vacant from graduation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT