ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Pitt FB Twitter just leak a helmet change?

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
As part of EA Sports’ CFB 25 promotions, the official asset submissions sent to EA by University of Pittsburgh were posted on Twitter. Notice the gold helmet has a white or grey facemask, NOT a blue facemask. Either these aren’t the actual submissions and someone had a careless oversight… or we’re getting a uniform change for this season.

• Wow
Reactions: FireballZ
It’s a screenshot from EA NCAA football
On the bottom left of the poster, you can see where it says “OFFICIAL SUBMISSION.” That’s why I’m wondering if we’re actually switching facemasks this season if this is what they sent into EA.

I'm not sure what the significance of this is. Am I supposed to feel some way about a differently colored facemask?
It’d be the first real uniform change since the 2019 rebrand. Whether you care or not is up to you. :)

A uniform change is really life changing. Don’t you ever feel like losers to worry about such things?
As a card-carrying member of the SportsLogos.net community,
tenor.gif

And worry? I love this stuff!

The gray facemasks were like the one thing I didn't like from the 2016 throwbacks.

How is this...

usa_today_10413479.jpg

better than this?

Helmets.jpg

That said, in a time when we must pick and choose our battles, the color of Pitt's facemasks will not be mine.

The helmets in the mid 70s had a grey face mask, and I thought they looked horrible in the early 80s when they changed them.

FWIW, IMHO, FYI, CYA, FFS, ETC.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The helmets in the mid 70s had a grey face mask, and I thought they looked horrible in the early 80s when they changed them.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
The obvious choice for our next alternate uniform is a true throwback that incorporates the navy and mustard yellow. They’ve done it one time when Wanny was here and they looked excellent.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

To each his own, but the yellow looks 1,000 times better, to me. Those gray ones look like Ohio State asked us if we had any use for the extras they ordered.

• Haha
Reactions: pittdan77
I'm praying that my retirement doesn't consist of a lot of what I see on this board. Yesh.
Don’t worry, your investments will be worth very little soon so you will be far too busy working to think so much about such things. Football will also become mostly worthless as traditions are dismantled and the life is squeezed out of what was once a nice and entertaining diversion.

The only thing I’d change on the PITT uniform is adding the 412 back

I don’t give a shit about the 412 stores claims … Eff them… you don’t own a zip code you Dbags.

You joke, but if you go on campus, you'll be shocked at how many kids are wearing "throwback" dinocat and torch cut gear.
Not joking at all. I live in central pa and the kids are starting to wear retro pitt gear as much as our new rebrand.

Not joking at all. I live in central pa and the kids are starting to wear retro pitt gear as much as our new rebrand.
In my mind, dinocat will be forever linked to a really good hoops program. As well as Larry Fitzgerald. Which aren't bad memories.

Reactions: ratking17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT