ADVERTISEMENT

does something like this bother the NFL or is it just talk? (NIL related)

They should abolish the draft.

Give each team a set amount of money to spend on rookie free agency based on their finish the previous year. Let rookies play where they want.
And ruin one of the best non-sporting events of the year and an event that legitimately keeps the NFL in the news cycle for three months without a game being played. Not a chance.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I think it's pretty foolish not to immediately go to the NFL if you are a projected #1 pick:

1) If you're trying to avoid a particular team, it's not a guarantee you will be successful. The Jaguars and Browns have both picked #1 in back to back years in the last 7 years. Then you just wasted a year of earnings for nothing.
2) Even if you are successful and the team you are trying to avoid finishes #2, there's no guarantee they won't trade up for you. Same outcome as #1 really except now the team is even worse because they traded a lot of picks to get you.
3) You could get hurt and no longer have the spotless draft profile. That could cost you millions. And you could still end up with the team from #1 or #2!
4) You could just drop in the draft because other players are younger and more exciting. Teams love the shiny new thing. The longer you stay in school, the more flaws they will find in your game, even for a talented dude like Caleb Williams. Just being draft eligible and staying in school period will create a negative narrative about you (e.g., afraid to play at the highest level, needs a strong supporting cast, etc.). And you could still end up with the team from #1 or #2!

You should go to the NFL as soon as you can. At least if you're the #1 overall pick. There's nothing but downside by staying: downside to your legacy, your earnings, etc.

It delays him the millions, it doesn't really "cost" him the millions. He will get the money eventually, just have to wait a year for that 2nd contract. And if he thinks he is going to be a Pro Bowl type, he probably figures he is going to be massively rich, making $100 million, $200 million, whatever over the course of his career not including endorsements. So to him. waiting that extra year for the right fit while making $5 million at USC is worth it

You really don't know the way that things work, do you?

You don't know what you're talking about. It could be a $50m year on the back end of his career.

You make all these assumptions and use bad math to try and justify a point that's clearly wrong. Take a break.

It's obvious, SMF can't understand the concept of what he's really trading in is one year's worth of prime NFL earnings versus one year of USC NIL money. For a quarterback, that difference is potentially going to be tens of millions of dollars.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
I do. He is delaying 1 year of NFL $ which he would, theoretically not get back on the back end.

And you understand that the back end is where the big money is, right?

Like I said, Joe Burrow is going to be making $30 million per season and a lot more for pretty much the rest of his career. It isn't the first or second season of his first contract that he's missing out on, it's one of those $30 million or $40 million or $50 million seasons that he going to miss out on.

I do. He is delaying 1 year of NFL $ which he would, theoretically not get back on the back end.
Ask Le'Veon Bell how not taking the money worked out. Not apples to apples, but you cannot make up a year's salary in the NFL. You always want to be a year closer to your second contract.

And you understand that the back end is where the big money is, right?

Like I said, Joe Burrow is going to be making $30 million per season and a lot more for pretty much the rest of his career. It isn't the first or second season of his first contract that he's missing out on, it's one of those $30 million or $40 million or $50 million seasons that he going to miss out on.
Right on cue there's reports he is getting a new deal. 5 years $275 million

It's obvious, SMF can't understand the concept of what he's really trading in is one year's worth of prime NFL earnings versus one year of USC NIL money. For a quarterback, that difference is potentially going to be tens of millions of dollars.

I didn't think it was that hard to understand, but apparently it is for some.

As I said before, Caleb should ignore anything his father says

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT