ADVERTISEMENT

Dooz’s weak attempted olive branch to fans in presser…

thebadby2

Athletic Director
Sep 21, 2003
After getting slammed all week in the media for “Boo City”.

For the record, I thought the Boo City stuff was funny.

I'm going to throw this out here. Just the last thing. I thought the Panther Pitt, that was an electric atmosphere. Our fans did an unbelievable job again.

I can't tell you how much we appreciate all the fans out there, and that Panther Pitt was loud. They're unbelievable. They do a great job. I wish we would have got this win. I feel bad for them, but we will be back

I'm going to throw this out here. Just the last thing. I thought the Panther Pitt, that was an electric atmosphere. Our fans did an unbelievable job again.

I can't tell you how much we appreciate all the fans out there, and that Panther Pitt was loud. They're unbelievable. They do a great job. I wish we would have got this win. I feel bad for them, but we will be back

so what do want him to do? Say the fans were jagoffs for booing Phil at the start? Or cheering when he went down? That would bring him more good will for sure.

Honestly on the list of things to criticize about yesterday, that would probably rank near the bottom

If they win out (HIGHLY unlikely) No one will remember .. Besides . What he said was true . And I'm sure he thinks justified (boos) . He did take the blame for it didn't he ? People pay money to go watch these games and are entitled to cheer there ass of or boo there ass off .. Get over it people ....

I dont think Boo City was funny, it was just an off the cuff thing he said to address people booing. I didnt blame him, and it is great he stands up for his players, not sure how anyone can be upset with that. If you are, are you saying Pitt fans dont boo? Or you should boo students? The media in Pittsburgh just sucks. They all try for the 'gotcha' moment, then wonder why they have zero rapport with the football team and never have any leads, news, or birdies in the department.

I mean, you are a Pitt beat writer, your main job is covering the team for the fans/readers of your rag. You look at Savran, Cope, and some of the good beat Pitt guys over the years, they knew who would be in or out or what is happening in the organization. Nowadays, these reporters have crap relationships with the staff. You can blame Narduzzi all you want, but other teams dont have that, they build the fan base. Leave the gotcha journalism for the investigative reporters.

Ok, putting the soap box away

Heather ordered him to say it…..

I
I dont think Boo City was funny, it was just an off the cuff thing he said to address people booing. I didnt blame him, and it is great he stands up for his players, not sure how anyone can be upset with that. If you are, are you saying Pitt fans dont boo? Or you should boo students? The media in Pittsburgh just sucks. They all try for the 'gotcha' moment, then wonder why they have zero rapport with the football team and never have any leads, news, or birdies in the department.

I mean, you are a Pitt beat writer, your main job is covering the team for the fans/readers of your rag. You look at Savran, Cope, and some of the good beat Pitt guys over the years, they knew who would be in or out or what is happening in the organization. Nowadays, these reporters have crap relationships with the staff. You can blame Narduzzi all you want, but other teams dont have that, they build the fan base. Leave the gotcha journalism for the investigative reporters.

Ok, putting the soap box away
I booed the entire game, every play, by myself on a cold aluminum bench in the rain. I even booed the band. And I'll do it again unless things start changing.

• Wow
Reactions: GregInPitt
This team deserves every boo
Defense has been as bad as the offense .
Yet the very over paid HC is always mouthy

One can only hope that Narduzzi’s choice of words will be tactful at his next interaction with the press.
But I, for one, am not holding my breath.
He is what he is.
Every time he speaks in public I’m reminded of the Rita Moreno character in the movie Four Seasons. She would blurt out very confrontational phrases and follow it up with:
“I can’t help it. I’m ITALIAN!!!

He's called out the panther pitt a few times in the past as well. THis is nothing new.
He was going out of his way and laying it on extra thick this time around though. He did it on the ACCN show earlier in the day, then did it again pre-game without prompt.

He knows that he screwed up and is now trying to make amend.

conference perception, empty seats at Heinz, lack of a real great recruiter in staff, constant bashing by local media...that's what is hurting recruiting.
We’ve always faced all of these obstacles but we’re at least been able to attract a few dynamic players. A browse of NFL rosters show that. The issue before was always that there just wasn’t enough up and down the roster to complement such guys. But now we are not even getting those one or two hot players. No Boyd, no Addison, not even a Izzy, and especially no Pickett. And it is somewhat a mystery because if there was ever a time we should have been gotten a bump (upward) in recruiting it should have been last year after the championship. But it’s looking more difficult that ever. Can that SOLELY by the effect of NIL or did the staff go into cruise control?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT