ADVERTISEMENT

Dunn = Burton?

Pitt666

Scholarship
Feb 19, 2024

His name was brought up last year. More a reserve this year on a loaded Houston team, but could definitely bring some good minutes to this team. Getting him and Corhen would be two good uses of open ships. Not Mike from SFU.

Reactions: Islanderpanther

His name was brought up last year. More a reserve this year on a loaded Houston team, but could definitely bring some good minutes to this team. Getting him and Corhen would be two good uses of open ships. Not Mike from SFU.

Dunn and Cohren would be decent adds. Not sure why we are recruiting a guy who averaged 7 PPG at San Francisco unless he is happy being a 12th or 13th man.

Reactions: Team_Pitt_Fan
Lowe, Ish, Beebah, Austin, Dunn, Cohren, GDG, Jorge, Thiero (hopefully). That's a team that can mess around and make a Final Four.... or go 8-12 in ACC and not make NIT. Point is that that's enough talent if they gel and play well. Every team is the same now.

Dunn is very underrated. He had to take a back seat to two very good guards in Shead and Cryer. Dunn will avg 10 plus pts for Pitt.

At what efficiency?

Because he was not efficient at Temple and he was not efficient at Houston.

He is a 4 year career 38% shooter from the field and 31% shooter from 3 playing 3 years at Temple and 1 year in a loaded Big 12. He doesn't have anywhere close to the midrange game Burton has and struggled both from 3 and the midrange last year at Houson. He also doesn't rebound the basketball all that well for a wing.

He shot 36% from the field and 31% from 3 last year at Houston. He was 8th on the team in total win shares at Houston, which is about where I would value him instead of being a legit actual 6th man type like a Brad Wanamaker on an Elite 8 team in 2009.

Corhen is a take and I think we will get him, he is a significant upgrade over Fede. Derek Dixon is a major take and right now I also think we are going to get him. Im not sold on Dunn and personally, I think we should do better. As a bench player ok, as a starter, no.

Let's see how the final roster looks first and foremost. But this is not an efficient basketball player.

Lowe, Ish, Beebah, Austin, Dunn, Cohren, GDG, Jorge, Thiero (hopefully). That's a team that can mess around and make a Final Four.... or go 8-12 in ACC and not make NIT. Point is that that's enough talent if they gel and play well. Every team is the same now.

No, every team is not the same now. That's just as absurd as when you said Duke was two automatic losses for Pitt.

Sounds like a team that will mess around and go 23-10, 12-8/4th in the ACC...and not be invited to the NCAA Tourney.

No, every team is not the same now. That's just as absurd as when you said Duke was two automatic losses for Pitt.

Duke was 2 auto losses had Mitchell and the PG played.

There's 5 or so teams above every. The next 50 are virtually the same. The talent level difference between 2 seeds Iowa State & Marquette and Pitt & Wake was very minor.

I love these highlights. Can shoot nice form. Can bully ball. Drives. Perfect fit for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT