TOSS UP W-@Syracuse 5-2
TOSS UP W-North Carolina 6-2
TOSS UP L-Notre Dame 6-3
W-@Duke 7-3
L-Louisville 7-4
TOSS UP W-Miami-FL 8-4
BOWL WIN 9-4
PITT 9-4

Note-Only If no Major Injuries to Conner, Boyd, and Voytik! YSU and Akron will not be easy wins. Payback owed to Iowa, UVA, UNC and Duke losses. As well as VT, ND, and possibly Miami paying back Pitt for some losses last year. Watch out for Georgia Tech!
images

PENN STATE: 8-5
W-@Temple 1-0
W-Buffalo 2-0
TOSS UP W-Rutgers 3-0
W-San Diego St. 4-0
W-Army 5-0
W-Indiana 6-0
L-@Ohio State 6-1
TOSS UP L- @Maryland 6-2
W-Illinois 7-2
TOSS UP L-@Northwestern 7-3
L-Michigan 7-4
L-@Michigan State 7-5
BOWL WIN 8-5
PENN STATE 8-5

Note-What an easy schedule? * If Penn State has a good Offensive Line they can win the Toss Up Losses, then I predict giving them 10-3.
*POST CORRECTION I HAD ONLY 4 AWAY GAMES AND WAS CORRECTED BY A PSU FAN, MY BAD, HIS RIGHT ON!

images

WVU: 7-6
W-Georgia So.1-0
W-Liberty 2-0
TOSS UP L- Maryland 2-1
L-@Oklahoma 2-2
W-OK State 3-2
L-@Baylor 3-3
TOSS UP
L-@TCU 3-4
TOSS UP L-Texas Tech 3-5
L-Texas 3-6
W-@Kansas 4-6
W-Iowa State 5-6
TOSS UP L-@Kansas State 6-7
WVU 6-7

HOLGROSEN FIRED
Note-Just see the WVU Mountaineers have some real problems on Offense and a very tough schedule!
images

Last edited:
Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
PITT 9-4
W-Youngstown State 1-0
W-@Akron 2-0
TOSS UP W-@ Iowa 3-0
TOSS UP L-@Virginia Tech 3-1
W-Virginia 4-1
L- @Georgia Tech 4-2
TOSS UP W-@Syracuse 5-2
TOSS UP W-North Carolina 6-2
TOSS UP L-Notre Dame 6-3
W-@Duke 7-3
L-Louisville 7-4
TOSS UP W-Miami-FL 8-4
BOWL WIN 9-4
PITT 9-4

Note-Only If no Major Injuries to Conner, Boyd, and Voytik! YSU and Akron will not be easy wins. Payback owed to Iowa, UVA, UNC and Duke losses. As well as VT, ND, and possibly Miami paying back Pitt for some losses last year. Watch out for Georgia Tech!
images

PENN STATE: 8-5
W-@Temple 1-0
W-Buffalo 2-0
TOSS UP W-Rutgers 3-0
W-San Diego St. 4-0
W-Army 5-0
W-Indiana 6-0
L-@Ohio State 6-1
TOSS UP L- @Maryland 6-2
W-Illinois 7-2
TOSS UP L-@Northwestern 7-3
L-Michigan 7-4
L-Michigan State 7-5
BOWL WIN 8-5
PENN STATE 8-5

Note-What an easy schedule with just 4 Away games? If Penn State has a good Offensive Line they can win the Toss Up Losses, then I predict giving them 10-3.

images

WVU: 7-6
W-Georgia So.1-0
W-Liberty 2-0
TOSS UP L- Maryland 2-1
L-@Oklahoma 2-2
W-OK State 3-2
L-@Baylor 3-3
TOSS UP
L-@TCU 3-4
TOSS UP L-Texas Tech 3-5
L-Texas 3-6
W-@Kansas 4-6
W-Iowa State 5-6
TOSS UP L-@Kansas State 6-7
WVU 6-7

HOLGROSEN FIRED
Note-Just see the WVU Mountaineers have some real problems on Offense and a very tough schedule!
images
WVU beats maryland and tex tech at home

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Penn State vs Maryland will be a W. Can't see losing to them two years in a row plus PSU on the upswing and UMD down.

Willie Lump, I thought about it a long time and you are not wrong. in every way Penn state is better than Maryland. But as I looked at the Depth Charts I went to a Toss Up Close loss for Penn State and here is why.

I thought PSU should have beaten Maryland last year, but I checked the Depth Charts and UMD has pretty good talent coming back at most positions and at QB and on Defense. This game is right after the OSU game for PSU and that could influence how PSU Players respond depending how they play too? Ohio State will be trying to put the Hack Attack out of commission I suspect.

Randy Edsall is a good Game Day Coach and usually has his Teams ready to play by Mid-Season. This is why I put it as a Toss Up Close Loss and admit I could be very wrong as you point out.

However, if Penn State OL can block to set up big runs for Saquon Barkley that I think is the Second Best Running Back among 2015 recruits, Saquon & Lynch will be at Running Backs up and own around and over some Defensive Players.

Additionally, if Penn State Linemen protect the Hack Attack Penn State can easily win 10 to 11 Games by beating UMD & NW and upset Michigan.

However, if Hack goes down to a major injury and the OL is still learning, PSU can lose those Toss up and maybe one more surprise game.

I enjoy your postings on College Football and please make more comments on all Teams posted above and any others and thank you for your insight on PSU.

Wow. PSU's schedule. Not one P5 conference OOC game. And two of the worst P5 programs in Illinois and Indiana, all at home.

I like your comments Owtie and you know I respect them....yet, Indiana and Illinois are improving but not as fast as Penn State in my opinion. The 8 Home Games are intended to bring back money to Penn State they need to pay off Loans and get back to 106,000 Fans, lost over the Penn State Scandal.

Franklin just like young Paterno knows the value of scheduling and when to play teams is just as important as whom you play to win 10+ games. Once Joe developed his Program he went on to play tougher Teams. Franklin is doing the same thing.

Yet, if Penn State went 12-0 the schedule might keep them out of the CFB Playoffs, depending what other Teams are undefeated, in my opinion.

Pitt, 7-8, couldn't stop anyone last year
How true, and I am always overestimating Pitt when a new coach takes over. My problem is how to gage OC Chaney taking over the Offense. I wouldn't change much but he seems to be tinkering with Conner. Pitt cannot afford one major injury to Voytik, Boyd, or Conner. If they can stay healthy and Chaney is as good if not better than Chryst Pitt could have a very potent offense to where they win games by outscoring the other Team.

Bo Pelini and Terry Bowden at YSU and Akron are good coaches too and Syracuse is usually a tough game for Pitt any year.

Away at Iowa and not beating Duke, UNC or UVA last year are Pitt Players Payback Toss Up Wins I am gambling on and could be quite wrong, this early.

How Coach Pat & Staff take on VT's Beamer, ND's Casey, GT's Johnson, ULou's Petrino, and Canes Golden in his first year is a Tall Task to overcome and right there is 5 Losses.

Yet, if Coach Pat can use Whitehead right and early, and should improve the Defense by Mid-season and without MAJOR Injuries, Pitt could have a decent year of 8+ wins. Still, I am very worried the Pitt Players may not be up to the conditioning needed to run and attack the ball like Coach Pat Defenses are known for and that can cause injuries, and that is why your predictions are more accurate than my mind!
Psu, 9-10, weaker future schedule philosophy pays off
No doubt about it, schedule is well designed for wins, but that Offensive Line needs to come ON-LINE and once the Hack attack has a Running and Pass Protecting game, the Nittany Lions can be just as good on Offense as they are already on Defense! Still, overcoming the Coaching of Meyers, Dantonio, and Harbaugh won't be easy? UMD's Edsall and NW's Fitzgerald know how to coach well executed Teams on Game Day and cannot be taken lightly even with superior talent. We shall see?

Wvu, 6-7, should still make bowl
I just think the WVU President was more careful in selecting his AD than relying on Holgrosen to win more in 2015? Holgrosen is on record saying his Team is ready to win the Big-12 Championship and National Championship, that is not a smart expectation to put out there even if he thinks he is right?

The Big-12 is always good competition, not always living up to expectations, but always showing up for games and they play each other. WVU will always have trouble overcoming UTexas and OU’s bigger and better Programs, Recruits, and Supporters! TCU’s Patterson, Baylor’s Briles and KSU’s Synder are tough to beat on any day? I’ll add UMD’s Edsall to that bunch.

WVU OOC Schedule is very weak too, and even OKSU, Texas Tech, Kansas, and Iowa State are beatable the traveling is hell on any Team! Pitt should be passing WVU in recruiting sooner if Coach Pat & Staff are for real.

I know Holgrosen has a huge Buyout but WVU Big Contributors will buy him out if he wins just 6 or 7 games. I think CoachRod is ready to comeback to comeback to the wild and wonderful country roads of West Virginia over the dirty dusty roads of Tucson, Arizona!

I also think, Pitt Alumnus and UA Coach Sean Miller is restless and may also be looking to comeback East, Just Hunches Not Gospel!

Last edited:
WVU beats maryland and tex tech at home

I see the entire WVU Team depending on Skyler Howard and I think Skyler takes too many risks and could have a big injury. WVU has no Back-Up for him and Wideouts will need great improvements.

It is not so much WVU has an inexperience Team of Players, but the Big-12 Football Programs have UTexas, OU, TCU, Baylor, and KSU all better Coaches than Holgrosen & His Staff. I think WVU's biggest weakness is not Holgrosen, but Holgrosen Staff, but then that is Holgrosen?

Holgrosen is not a great fit at WVU and WVU really needs to go out and get one of their Alumni. The time is ripe for WVU and CoachRod to make some make-up Mea Culpas. Or Terry & Tommy Bowden and Doc Holiday could revive the Staff that needs to go along with Bulger or Hostetier?

I mean this Staff over recruited by 9 to 12 recruits and had to tell some Role Players to leave just to give the recruits their scholarships. I mean, if you cannot count and prepare your Team Rosters, how can you plan to win in the Big-12?

I also feel depending on Shell to have a big year is more of a gamble than expecting big things from him in WVU’s style of Offense. Shell should have been moved to linebacker in college, his type of running and non-attention to details is becoming more of harm than benefits? I think there is a Grass problem at WVU and that leads to inattention to details?

Holgrosen is desperate to win 10 Games and if he does not win 8 or 9, could be big trouble in Mountain Mama’s Heaven?

Pitt 6-6
Pitt has the tougher schedule with WVU and New Coach and any Injuries to key Starters could make this a reality. I suspect more from coach Pat though, just a hunch!
PSU 8-4
Hard to see anything less with that schedule, home and away, but could be way better if OL is good!
WVU 7-5
Pretty good call if QB is good and stays healthy!

Objective Pitt Outlook 7-5 I put losses versus Iowa and Va Tech because of Road games and the players will be adjusting to a new system. I think Virginia could be a game that defines the season. I also think this team could go down to Ga Tech and pull off an upset. I have a feeling this season will be all about momentum. If they win early and build confidence in the new systems, it could be very good. Stumble to Akron or Lose back to back to Iowa and Va Tech, then follow it with a loss at home to Virginia and I think this team could really finish poorly.

W-Youngstown State
W-Akron

L-@Iowa
L-@VaTech
W-Virginia
L-@GaTech
W-Syracuse
W-NorthCarolina
L- NotreDame
W-@Duke
W-Louisvulle
L-Miami

Homer Pitt Outlook 9-3 I was tempted to put the Miami game as a W but 10-2 was a little too homer
W-Youngstown State
W-Akron

W-@Iowa
L-@VaTech
W-Virginia
W-@GaTech
W-Syracuse
W-NorthCarolina
L- NotreDame
W-@Duke
W-Louisvulle
L-Miami

Penn State
W-@Temple
W-Buffalo
W-Rutgers
W-San Diego State
W-Army
W-Indiana
L-Ohio State
W-@Maryland
W-Illinois
L-Northwestern
W-Michigan
L-Michigan State

WVU
Don't care

Key to WVU is their QB or lack there of!It boggles my mind that a QB guru like Holgorsen can't recruit a decent quarterback!BWDIK

Agree, and well said, Holgrosen wasn't ready to be a Head Coach at WVU and made key mistakes on hiring staff and has been interfered with on doing things he was ignoring, and in my opinion Oliver Luck was happy to leave after saving his Alma Mater by bringing in Huggins and getting WVU into the Big-12 but Holgrosen has been a major disappointment.

Holgrosen is on record that this Team this Year is ready to win a Championship, I think he won't be able to do it, and will be in trouble after this season.

Objective Pitt Outlook 7-5 I put losses versus Iowa and Va Tech because of Road games and the players will be adjusting to a new system. I think Virginia could be a game that defines the season. I also think this team could go down to Ga Tech and pull off an upset. I have a feeling this season will be all about momentum. If they win early and build confidence in the new systems, it could be very good. Stumble to Akron or Lose back to back to Iowa and Va Tech, then follow it with a loss at home to Virginia and I think this team could really finish poorly.

W-Youngstown State
W-Akron

L-@Iowa
L-@VaTech
W-Virginia
L-@GaTech
W-Syracuse
W-NorthCarolina
L- NotreDame
W-@Duke
W-Louisvulle
L-Miami

Homer Pitt Outlook 9-3 I was tempted to put the Miami game as a W but 10-2 was a little too homer
W-Youngstown State
W-Akron

W-@Iowa
L-@VaTech
W-Virginia
W-@GaTech
W-Syracuse
W-NorthCarolina
L- NotreDame
W-@Duke
W-Louisvulle
L-Miami

Penn State
W-@Temple
W-Buffalo
W-Rutgers
W-San Diego State
W-Army
W-Indiana
L-Ohio State
W-@Maryland
W-Illinois
L-Northwestern
W-Michigan
L-Michigan State
WVU
Don't care

Dionlewis28,, you are correct in saying the end of season is the trouble to predict and this is my concern and the rub that will gage Coach Pat & Staff Coaching.

1. The First 6 Games for this PITT Team is very unknown and expect some losses as you say, the Staff & Players are adjusting to New Systems and Evaluations and that takes adjustments and time to do unless the coaching is superb or near perfect. Consequently, even Pelini and Bowden will have there Teams ready and are very good coaches but Pitt should win both. The away games at Iowa, VT, and GT will be real tests as well as you point out them being away. UVA will have a great defense ready but I still see trouble on their Offense and they and PITT have almost been mirror programs the last 5 years only separated by 1 or 2 games. London can recruit but he has had trouble finding a QB all of his 5 years?

2. Yet, Pitt can be at 4-2 by Mid-season with no major injuries then the coaching will be known and seen in the next 6 games. It is here Coach Pat & Staff will reveal their Coaching Skills. By the 7th through 12th Games and without a major injury to Voytik, Boyd, or Conner, Coach Pat Staff will show they can improve these Players as a Team in all 3 units, Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Or show their Systems will need way more time ti implement much like Wannstedt and Chryst went through there early years???

3. Still, the second half of the season is the real challenge. Syracuse is tough in most years andespecialy in away games at the Dome. It is seldom an easy win.Pitt has come close to beating NorthCarolina twice now, but Coach Chryst'lost against them by not having good Special teams ready in the last 2 years. Coach Pat brought in very good Special teams Coach and if he does his job Pitt should beat UNC this year and by the 8th game. Coach Pat has faced Notre Dame when he was at MSU so I'll let him show his bluster facing a Team with way more talent, but he did that regularly at MSU too. Pitt beat Duke by 3 points two years ago, and lost by 3 points again because Chryst made fun he never needed a Special Team coach and cost his Panther Players close wins due Chryst's Arrogance Ignorance. PITT should beat Duke if Voytik, Conner & Boyd are healthy and Pitt Defense is improved by the 10th game along with Special Teams. It won't be easy since Duke's Head Coach is very good! Petrino will have his ULou Team ready by the 1th game against any team and will be very hard to beat. Yet, if Coach & Staff does it that will make a statement for Coach Pat & Staff can improve his players in one season, but tall task in any event? I still see Coach Golden having trouble in fitting in at Miami, he should have taken the Pitt Job, but who wanted to worked under Pederson except the coaching dregs lie Chryst that couldn't get a Head Coaching job on his own? Therefore, if Pitt Players have adapted and adjusted to Coach Pat & Staff and Systems without major injuries Pitt can win this game against this year and could have won it two years ago, if Chryst has better Special Teams.

4. The Second Half the season has not one easy game and the Panthers have to win at least 3 of those games against Cuse, UNC and Duke! If they win 4 to 5, it will show that Coach Pat & Staff know how to improve a Team that progresses as the season goes along and players become better as a Team. Good Coaches have a winning season in their first year regardless of their talent. Great Coaches win their more of the last 6 games more then losing them, because their coaching has been accepted, adopted, and adapted to their way of coaching to win more games regardless of the competition.

In Conclusion, the first 6 games will show Coach Pat & Staff their abilities to coach any players into Teams in practice and have them ready for Game Day Execution and will be a great sign of better things to come to the Pitt Program. However, it will be the last 6 games whereby Coach Pat & Staff will really portend their future coaching because by the 7th to 12th games, your Players are believing in your coaching by then, and prove it by playing better and winning. Or it will show your Coaching needs tweaking as much as your Player playing by losing more than you win? Great Coaches show signs of brilliance early even if it takes another 2 to 3 years to develop a 10+ Win Program.

It is very hard to make predictions at this time, but I have a hunch, Coach Pat will prove that his Head Coaching will improve as the season goes along.....we shall see?

Last edited:
here's what i'm thinking...

PITT 10-3
W-Youngstown State 1-0 (no more SOP vs lame opponents)
W-@Akron 2-0 (no more SOP vs lame opponents)
L-@ Iowa 2-1 (the iowa curse it continues as pitt finds it feet under a new coach)
W-@Virginia Tech 3-1 (it's VT pitt has had their number IF pitt has had a good oline which pitt does)
W-Virginia 4-1 (shoulda beat em last year, this time it's at home)
L-@Georgia Tech 4-2 (GT just too good for pitt this year... maybe 2016)
W-@Syracuse 5-2 (with tino-level badness at QB gone pitt should continue lambasting cuse)
W-North Carolina 6-2 (no giving up an early lead this time)
W-Notre Dame 7-2 (ND's defense should be really really good this year but pitt plays them hard so upset watch on this one? i think so!)
W-@Duke 8-2 (no running at the sideline to set up potential game-winning FGs this year)
L-Louisville 8-3 (not the same team that has lost 4 of its last 5 vs pitt at all, should be a very tough game for pitt)
W-Miami-FL 9-3 (miami is not going anywhere under al golden, gotta give pitt the edge here with narduzzi. hit miami in the mouth, frustrate them, and they struggle to get their heads on straight. pitt has more than enough talent to give the canes some frustration early and often again.)
BOWL WIN 10-3
PITT 10-3
FINAL AP POLL RANKING: 19th

i feel this is really what pitt's record should have been (or close to it, 9-4 at worst) last year considering how (imo) many of pitt's losses in 2014 were caused in the team's head more than from being outclassed by their opponents. i expect those motivation / rocked back on their heels and can't regain their balance / lack of a killer instinct problems to be solved by the new staff so i expect a really big improvement in the W-L.

Last edited:
here's what i'm thinking...

PITT 10-3
W-Youngstown State 1-0 (no more SOP vs lame opponents)
W-@Akron 2-0 (no more SOP vs lame opponents)

Chryst lost to both because he did not have the Pitt Players and Team Prepared. They talk about it at YSU & Akron. YSU fired Coach Pat's Father, Coach Pat & Staff will be ready with or without BO Pelini! Payback To Bowden time too!

L-@ Iowa 2-1 (the iowa curse it continues as pitt finds it feet under a new coach)

Pittsburgh Native Ferentz always prepared except for Iowa State. We have lost close one to him. Pitt should win this game in my view! Coach Pat has played against him! Ferentz has lost a step at Iowa lately but at OIowa makes it a TOSS UP!.

W-@Virginia Tech 3-1 (it's VT pitt has had their number IF pitt has had a good oline which pitt does)

Beamer is a tough proven coach but UVA's London Recruiting has removed some 5 Star Recruits that would have gone to VT from Beamer. Beamer ebat OSU last year, if Pitt played them later I would have been more happy! TOSS UP!

W-Virginia 4-1 (shoulda beat em last year, this time it's at home)

Ditto!

L-@Georgia Tech 4-2 (GT just too good for pitt this year... maybe 2016)

My Top Ten Sleeper this year, Coach Johnson always has them ready!

W-@Syracuse 5-2 (with tino-level badness at QB gone pitt should continue lambasting cuse)

Just when Pitt thinks they are done, they comeback and upset Pitt, cannot take them lightly, but Pitt should win!

W-North Carolina 6-2 (no giving up an early lead this time)

Bad Chryst's Special Teams Coaching cost Pitt both games the last 2 years? Coach Pat fixes it, Pitt should win! we had one Poster saying they were not important but he is one of the dumbest that posts here upon hindsight many times and then lies he ever said it.

W-Notre Dame 7-2 (ND's defense should be really really good this year but pitt plays them hard so upset watch on this one? i think so!)

Will depend on ND QB and PITT Defense and a high scoring game by this 9th game.

W-@Duke 8-2 (no running at the sideline to set up potential game-winning FGs this year)

You Mean, No Dumbo Chryst was still learning to be a Head Coach making a stupid call anymore? Also, Coach Pat has a Special Team Coach!

L-Louisville 8-3 (not the same team that has lost 4 of its last 5 vs pitt at all, should be a very tough game for pitt)

Two Words---Petrino Prepares!

W-Miami-FL 9-3 (miami is not going anywhere under al golden, gotta give pitt the edge here with narduzzi. hit miami in the mouth, frustrate them, and they struggle to get their heads on straight. pitt has more than enough talent to give the canes some frustration early and often again.)

Golden wanted out of Miami but Penn State pass on him too! He will be gone soon if he can't win 10 games! But TOSS UP!

BOWL WIN 10-3
PITT 10-3
FINAL AP POLL RANKING: 19th
Woe I like The way you think!

i feel this is really what pitt's record should have been (or close to it, 9-4 at worst) last year considering how (imo) many of pitt's losses in 2014 were caused in the team's head more than from being outclassed by their opponents.
Well said!

i expect those motivation / rocked back on their heels and can't regain their balance / lack of a killer instinct problems to be solved by the new staff so i expect a really big improvement in the W-L.
I have the same hunch, we shall see?

W-Youngstown State 1-0 (No more loses to lower programs under Pat)
W-@Akron 2-0 (No more loses to lower programs under Pat)
W-@ Iowa 3-0 (Pat has enough experience dealing with this team. He gameplans a close win here)
W-@Virginia Tech 4-0 (I believe we keep playing VT strong and win)
W-Virginia 5-0 (Homecoming baby! )
L- @Georgia Tech 5-1 (Defense has hard time with this and chop-blocks)
W-@Syracuse 6-1 (Hard game at Dome, but team has gel'd at this point, plus hungry after L to GT)
W-North Carolina 7-1 (Pitt keeps rolling here)
L-Notre Dame 7-2 (Should be a win as Pitt always played ND tough, but ND too familiar with Pat, close loss)
W-@Duke 8-2 (Bounce back after tough loss)
W-Louisville 9-2 ('Ville not as strong, Pitt wins close)
L-Miami-FL 9-3 (Miami gets revenge hard, unless bad weather swings this to accommodate our strong run and D)
BOWL LOSS 9-4 (We draw a real tough opponent with that record)
PITT 9-4

*Note, at 6-2 possible ACC Championship game. Mark down as loss if applicable to predictions I made*

W-Youngstown State 1-0 (No more loses to lower programs under Pat)
W-@Akron 2-0 (No more loses to lower programs under Pat)
W-@ Iowa 3-0 (Pat has enough experience dealing with this team. He gameplans a close win here)
W-@Virginia Tech 4-0 (I believe we keep playing VT strong and win)
W-Virginia 5-0 (Homecoming baby! )
L- @Georgia Tech 5-1 (Defense has hard time with this and chop-blocks)
W-@Syracuse 6-1 (Hard game at Dome, but team has gel'd at this point, plus hungry after L to GT)
W-North Carolina 7-1 (Pitt keeps rolling here)
L-Notre Dame 7-2 (Should be a win as Pitt always played ND tough, but ND too familiar with Pat, close loss)
W-@Duke 8-2 (Bounce back after tough loss)
W-Louisville 9-2 ('Ville not as strong, Pitt wins close)
L-Miami-FL 9-3 (Miami gets revenge hard, unless bad weather swings this to accommodate our strong run and D)
BOWL LOSS 9-4 (We draw a real tough opponent with that record)
PITT 9-4

*Note, at 6-2 possible ACC Championship game. Mark down as loss if applicable to predictions I made*

Excellent Point!!! But if Pitt goes 9-3 for the season or 10-2, I think they win the ACC too, but maybe too much wishin and hopein!!!

Agree, and well said, Holgrosen wasn't ready to be a Head Coach at WVU and made key mistakes on hiring staff and has been interfered with on doing things he was ignoring, and in my opinion Oliver Luck was happy to leave after saving his Alma Mater by bringing in Huggins and getting WVU into the Big-12 but Holgrosen has been a major disappointment.

Holgrosen is on record that this Team this Year is ready to win a Championship, I think he won't be able to do it, and will be in trouble after this season.

Wasn't ready to be a head coach? Holgorsen won 10 games and a BCS bowl in year one. He made some bad hires early on, but right now we have one of the best staffs we've ever had at WVU.

He's had some growing pains but most of that comes from jumping from the Big East to one of the toughest conferences in college football. Bill Stewart's recruiting crippled our program. We had no depth at all.

Dana needs to win at least 8 this year, but I think he can do it.

Wasn't ready to be a head coach? Holgorsen won 10 games and a BCS bowl in year one.

So, he won with CoachRod & Bill Stewart Recruits and Players, but has not repeated it with is own? Kind of undercuts your argument and supports my own!

He made some bad hires early on, but right now we have one of the best staffs we've ever had at WVU.

Really???? Why did Bradley leave???? How come they can't count and took more Recruits than they have scholarships for and now letting go older Players on the Rosters???? I see that as bad management and not something Parents or recruits want to see to trust a Coach or staff in the future??? But that is just me!

He's had some growing pains but most of that comes from jumping from the Big East to one of the toughest conferences in college football. Bill Stewart's recruiting crippled our program. We had no depth at all.

Ok, I will accept that and agree with, Conference Changes as well as Coaching Changes & President & AD Changes and that is reasonable explanations you should share with fellow WVU Posters when they attack Pitt Program on your Boards, to be fair!

Dana needs to win at least 8 this year, but I think he can do it.

I think that is best he can do, but just me, and does not make me right. But I know for fact talking to some Big Supporters they are expecting 10 wins and Dana has said his Team is near the Championship Level, by the way they played some Top 25 teams last year! Winning 8 may give him another year, I agree, but WVU Fans and Contributors want more every year!

I also think, if Dana is let go, CoachRod could return!

So, it is my opinion he has put pressure on himself? However, I wish WVU the best of success and prefer they win the big-12 before any other team, and then I like KSU & Iowa State too!

Good luck and keep coming back to the Lair to talk WVU FB and Pitt too!!

@CaptainSidneyReilly

It's no secret why Bradley left. He was a position coach at WVU and was offered the defensive coordinator job at UCLA. We never expected him to be here long term. He was just there to help mentor Gibby for a year or two.

Bill Stewart couldn't win with his own recruits. Dana did in one year what Stew couldn't do in 3 years.

If we see the same improvement this year that we saw last year we have a chance to be pretty good. We were a top 15 team in week 9 last year with College GameDay in Morgantown. Should have beaten TCU and K-State... had Bama on the ropes in the 4th quarter. We were very close to being a 9 or 10 win team last year.

We'll see how it goes.... on paper we should be really good on D and offense is never a problem for Dana.

Good luck to you guys too (can't believe I just said that). Hopefully we can get the Brawl back one of these days. It's good for both schools.

Last edited:
@CaptainSidneyReilly

It's no secret why Bradley left. He was a position coach at WVU and was offered the defensive coordinator job at UCLA. We never expected him to be here long term. He was just there to help mentor Gibby for a year or two.

I know when he was appointed he was given a special title on staff, and it was Oliver Luck that wanted him, based on what Luck said on the Radio.

Bill Stewart couldn't win with his own recruits. Dana did in one year what Stew couldn't do in 3 years.

Kind of reminded me of Foge Fazio taking over for Jackie Sherrill, no matter how much he was a Mountaineer just Foge being a Pitt Alum, just did not have Head Coaching traits! Luck saw this and made a change in a hurry!

If we see the same improvement this year that we saw last year we have a chance to be pretty good. We were a top 15 team in week 9 last year with College GameDay in Morgantown. Should have beaten TCU and K-State... had Bama on the ropes in the 4th quarter. We were very close to being a 9 or 10 win team last year.

It is a tough conference and the Travel Time and Distance is killing WVU Players as I see it! Pitt actually has a tougher schedule if Pre-Season Rankings are accurate. PSU has the easy one!

We'll see how it goes.... on paper we should be really good on D and offense is never a problem for Dana.

Depends on the QB play as I see it? But you are right on Defense!

Good luck to you guys too (can't believe I just said that). Hopefully we can get the Brawl back one of these days. It's good for both schools.

I agree!

Last edited:
I think it is based on OL Questions, and a Toss Up game can go either way. You can put your own predictions up for all 3 Teams too. No offense taken! Pitt Offense should be very good, Penn State Defense the same, and WVU a little of both but a tough travel schedule? I have said, Franklin can win 9 to 10 games!

If any major injuries happen to PSU, Pitt, and WVU QBs things could south quickly too!

Pitt is going 4-2 in toss-up games, while PSU is going 1-2 and WVU is going 0-4?

I'm sorry --- but some bias is showing through there.

Last edited:
W-Youngstown State 1-0
W-@Akron 2-0
W-@ Iowa 3-0
L-@Virginia Tech 3-1
W-Virginia 4-1
L- @Georgia Tech 4-2
W-@Syracuse 5-2
W-North Carolina 6-2
L-Notre Dame 6-3
W-@Duke 7-3
L-Louisville 7-4
W-Miami-FL 8-4

BOWL Loss 8-5

PITT 8-5

W-@Temple 1-0
W-Buffalo 2-0
W-Rutgers 3-0
W-San Diego St. 4-0
W-Army 5-0
W-Indiana 6-0
L-@Ohio State 6-1
L- @Maryland 6-2
W-Illinois 7-2
L-@Northwestern 7-3
L-Michigan 7-4
L- @ Michigan State 7-5

BOWL WIN 8-5

PENN STATE 8-5

W-Georgia So.1-0
W-Liberty 2-0
W- Maryland 3-0
L-@Oklahoma 3-1
W-OK State 4-1
L-@Baylor 4-2

L-@TCU 4-3
W-Texas Tech 5-3
L-Texas 5-4
W-@Kansas 6-4
W-Iowa State 7-4
L-@Kansas State 7-5

Bowl Loss 7-6

WVU 7-6

Willie Lump, I thought about it a long time and you are not wrong. in every way Penn state is better than Maryland. But as I looked at the Depth Charts I went to a Toss Up Close loss for Penn State and here is why.

I thought PSU should have beaten Maryland last year, but I checked the Depth Charts and UMD has pretty good talent coming back at most positions and at QB and on Defense. This game is right after the OSU game for PSU and that could influence how PSU Players respond depending how they play too? Ohio State will be trying to put the Hack Attack out of commission I suspect.

Randy Edsall is a good Game Day Coach and usually has his Teams ready to play by Mid-Season. This is why I put it as a Toss Up Close Loss and admit I could be very wrong as you point out.

However, if Penn State OL can block to set up big runs for Saquon Barkley that I think is the Second Best Running Back among 2015 recruits, Saquon & Lynch will be at Running Backs up and own around and over some Defensive Players.

Additionally, if Penn State Linemen protect the Hack Attack Penn State can easily win 10 to 11 Games by beating UMD & NW and upset Michigan.

However, if Hack goes down to a major injury and the OL is still learning, PSU can lose those Toss up and maybe one more surprise game.

I enjoy your postings on College Football and please make more comments on all Teams posted above and any others and thank you for your insight on PSU.
Barkley will not be the starter

Good analysis !

Barkley will not be the starter

I owe you an apology, in an earlier Post, you were correct and I was wrong, I was responding to sharing and correcting the difference of Willie Lump Comments, not your own. It was difficult to read these new Boards and I made a grave error in responding to Willie Lump Posts and saying it was your posts when you objected, I was in error and please accept my apologies. If I can ever find the old thread I will correct my posts. Please keep posting, you have excellent insight.

On Barkley, I just have an hunch this is a very good Running back and in my opinion, maybe the best of all recruits at that position. I wish Pitt had taken him. This is a quiet performer will be a great one, juts my opinion. I had the same hunches on Roethlisberger, Fitzgerald, Revis, McCoy and Boyd and I think Franklin will play him as soon as he comes in and adapts to the Offense and by the end of the year, i think he will be a starter.

Tell me why you think he will not play?

Last edited:
Don(Nehlen)I'll give you my opinion of the results if all local teams played.PSU 2-0 strictly because of their defense,Pitt 1-1 because of their offense and WVU 0-2 because of Holgy and no QB!BWDIK

CaptainSidneyReilly, if all 3 local teams were to play each other like in the days of bell bottoms and big hair, which one would post the best record? I'll hang up and listen.

Well, they did play back in those days and there is a website that does that analysis. I'll link it. Here is how I see it and many Pitt Posters on the Lair may differ with me, but I respect their opinions and many times they have better insight but they now post on the Premium Boards more than this free blog board.

I. PITT-PSU-WVU BEST QUALITY PLAYERS NCAA & NFL:
No question Pitt produced the Better Quality Players in the NCAA and NFL from 1973 to Today than PSu & WVU. I said, "Better Quality" not "More" NFL Draft Picks. This can be seen in the NCAA and NFL Record Books, Awards, NFL Offensive & Defensive & Rookie of Years, Separate Team Honors & Records, Pro Bowls etc etc.

Now Penn State Program produced way more NFL Drafted Players but they produced some NFL Busts as well as a number of Players that only play 2 or 4 years. WVU lagged a tad behind both Pitt and PSU during this 1973-2015 era but caught up quite nicely from 1980s to today and especially in 2000s.

For example, right now WVU has 23 Players on NFL Rosters, Penn State 32, and Pitt about 20! Yet, those 16 Pitt Players have more Awards, Pro Bowls, NFL, NFC, & AFC Players of the Years on Offense, Defense and Rookie of the Years as well lead on their Team History in Records and Awards.

Even ESPN and NFL.Com have rated Pitt 3rd in 2004 and 4th in 2015 for producing the Best Quality of Players for the NFL since that Era to Today. Only USC, Miami, and ND have done better, I have the links to verify this neutral objective analysis! The NFL Hall of Fame also has Pitt with USC, ND, Ohio State, and tied with Michigan.

Even though Pitt has been the leader in that category, actually Penn State and WVU Teams have beaten Pitt more often than Pitt has beaten them even with these Players?

II. PSU-PITT-WVU WINS:

PITT-WVU 19-21-2 1970-2014

PITT-WVU 59-35-3 1906-2014
PITT Longest Win Streak 15 Games 1929-46
WVU Longest Win Streak 5 Games 1992-96

PITT-PSU 7-19-1 1970-2014
Overall 41-44-5 1905-2014
PITT Longest Win Streak 14 games 1922-38
PSU Longest Win Streak 10 games 1966-1976

PSU-WVU 21-2 1970-2014
PSU-WVU 48-9-2 1904-2014

PSU Longest Win Streak 28 games 1959-83
WVU Longest Win Streak 3 games 1953-1955

http://football.stassen.com/records/opponent.html

PROGRAMS PSU-WVU-PITT:
As far as Rating the Programs on Resources Penn State is a Top Ten Program, WVU Top 35, and PITT Top 40-50!

PLAYERS: PITT, PSU, WVU! 2014

WINS PSU: WVU, PITT! 2014
PROGRAMS: PSU, WVU, PITT! 2014

Last edited:
Don(Nehlen)I'll give you my opinion of the results if all local teams played.PSU 2-0 strictly because of their defense,Pitt 1-1 because of their offense and WVU 0-2 because of Holgy and no QB!BWDIK

You act like Holgorsen is a huge weakness but he's done more as a coach than Franklin or Narduzzi. Do they have a 10 win season or bcs bowl win as a head coach? Dana does.

Where does all this no qb talk come from? People thought we didn't have a qb last year either and Trickett lit it up while healthy. Oh, and Skyler Howard came in and threw for 829 yards, 8 tds and 0 ints in the 3 games he played in. He has some wheels too. We also have two highly recruited 4-star qbs sitting behind him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT