ADVERTISEMENT

Exactly What Will Happen This Coming Hoops Season & Other Dribbles ...

DT_PITT

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001
... I'm sure all of this will happen.

** September 24 - The Panthers and Coach Dixon suffer the worse single day in the history of Pitt Basketball from a recruiting standpoint, when Cassius Winston chooses Stanford, Charlie Moore chooses California, Maliek White chooses Providence, Miles Powell chooses George Mason, Kevin Marfo chooses Georgia Tech, Xavier Simpson chooses Cleveland State, Tervell Beck chooses Kent St. and Lamar Stevens chooses Penn State.

** September 25 - A closer examination of Twitter and tweets with the hashtags #noeyecontactdixon and #wewanttoplayhightempo, reveals that all eight potential recruits coordinated their commitment day to demonstrate their disrespect for one particular College Basketball Coach.

** September 28 - Pitt Athletic Director Scott Barnes holds a press conference proclaiming "a new era of accountability." He announces that he has required Dixon to fire assistants Brandin Knight and Smoke Williamson, Director of Basketball Operations Brian Regan, Director of Video Jason Richards, Grad Assistant Ontario Lett, and Secretary Beth Schodel. He adds that he has also mandated that Assistant Bill Barton be retained because of his ability to help recruits get eligible.

** September 29 - The NCAA declares Pitt freshman recruit Damon Wilson ineligible for the coming season.

** September 30 - Panther Head Coach Jamie Dixon tweets -“I will never use Twitter again.”

** October 1 - Scott Barnes meets with Jamie Dixon to emphasize that the use of Twitter is paramount to the success of the Panther Hoops program. He explains to him that “wins and losses” will no longer be used as part of his annual performance evaluation, but use of social media will be. He also tells Dixon that he has restructured his contract and that Dixon will no longer receive his base salary. Instead, Dixon will only to be paid on each occurrence of his “closing” on a recruit. His payment will include a “Rivals Recruit Star Multiplier” as an incentive.

** October 5 - Although he hasn’t used the “Pat signal “ to announce a new recruit since August 10, and despite the Panthers’ 42-6 loss at Virginia Tech to run their record to 0-4, AD Barnes announces a 5-year extension for Football Coach Pat Narduzzi. Barnes sites Narduzzi’s excellent use of Twitter as the primary basis for the extension.

** October 29 - 5 star Rivals recruit Mustapha Heron de-commits from Auburn and announces that after becoming connected with Panther Head Coach Jamie Dixon on LinkedIN, he will play basketball at Pitt. On Facebook, Heron’s father posted the following: “Mustafa had been connected via LinkedIN to Bill Barton for some time. However, connecting with Dixon on LinkedIN today really changed our mind. What really impressed us was the recommendation on Dixon’s LinkenIN page from his former boss, Steve Pederson, explaining how Dixon always made good eye contact in staff meetings.”

** October 30 - Jamie Dixon gets his first paycheck from Pitt in a month after receiving the commitment of Heron. Dixon gets $1,000,000, comprised of $200,000 for the commitment times 5 rivals stars.

** November 1 - Maverick Rowan’s Dad, Ron, attends the Steelers-Bengals game at Heinz Field and sees #PittwantsMav on the Equitable Gas (formerly Alcoa) sign on Mt. Washington. Later that night on Pintrest, Rowan’s Dad announces that he told his son Maverick to transfer from NC State and go to the Panthers.

** November 2 - Dixon receives $800,000 from the University of Pittsburgh, comprised of $200,000 for Maverick’s commitment times 4 for each of Maverick Rowan’s stars.

** November 3 - Ron Rowan accepts a job as a Sales Rep at Equitable Gas. Two days later, the NCAA releases a statement saying they are sure there had to be some sort of recruiting violation, but cannot issue sanctions since they have no idea what it could be. The NCAA also announces that they have awarded Joe Paterno another 91 wins to give him “an even 500.”

** November 13 - The unranked Panthers defeat #11 Gonzaga 89-87 in Okinawa. Pitt's fifth year seniors Rafeal Maia (33 points), and Sterling Smith (24 points on 8-24 shooting from three) lead the way. After the game, Dixon commends Alozno Nelson-Ododa for playing 10 minutes, scoring 0 points , grabbing 1 rebound and a block. Says Dixon: “Odada’s minutes were huge. He stepped up and ensured Mike didn’t have to play the five. This was the key to the game since Young isn’t a true five.” Gonzaga’s Kyle Wiltjer was held to 2 points and remarked: “Our whole team just seemed really tired after the plane trip to Japan. And we just couldn’t keep up with the Panthers’ up tempo attack.”

** December 1 -The #25 Panthers defeat the #15 Purdue Boilermakers at the Pete by the score of 99-96 to go to 6-0. James Robinson scores 41 points on repeated penetration into the lane, despite not hitting a single shot from three. Sheldon Jeter scores 38 after only scoring one point in 7 minutes the game prior. After the game, Dixon is asked about Mike Young and Jamel Artis combining for only 5 points and 2 rebounds and he replies “we know Mike and Jamel are a true four and true three respectively, so it will come. But right now, they both need to focus on defense.”

** December 2 - Josh Newkirk’s Dad posts a video on YouTube of Dixon staring straight at his son Josh while he talks to him during a recruiting visit. He adds the following comments to the video: “Dixon always made good eye contact with Josh. I just wish we would have known Dixon would play at this tempo where Josh could have been more successful.”

** December 7 - Josh’s Dad calls Coach Dixon to learn if Josh can return to the Panthers. Dixon takes the call (after hanging up with Maverick Rowan’s Dad) but explains to Josh’s Dad that he can’t take Josh back because "that damn Barnes won’t pay me for transfers, except Mav Rowan of course."

** December 8 - Despite a 2-10 record, the Panther football team accepts a bid to the December 11 MDU Resources Bowl in Bismark North Dakota, one of 37 new bowls added during the course of the College Football season. Scott Barnes gives Pat Narduzzi a $150,000 bonus for making the bowl announcement on Twitter.

** December 11 – The Football team loses 14-33 to 5-7 Middle Tennessee in the MDU Bowl. The same day, Pat Narduzzi gains 100,000 new followers on Twitter and passes over 150,000 when he tweets: “A new commit is coming soon!" This is Narduzzi's last tweet in 2015.

** January 2 - With a 107-101 defeat of Maryland Eastern Shore, the Panthers run their record to 13-0. Despite having the highest scoring team and highest tempo team in College Basketball, the Panthers only move to #24 in the polls. Following the game, Dixon remarks: “I wanted to play a better OOC schedule and I know that would be the difference for us being in the top 10 right now, but Scott Barnes wouldn’t let me. But screw it. What the hell do I care? I only get paid for the recruits I bring in anyway.”

Part two to come ...

Last edited:
All of this will happen too ...

** January 3 - Dixon finally replaces Knight, Williamson, Regan, Richards and Lett with the fathers of Maverick Rowan, Mustapha Heron, Corey Manigualt, as well as Larry Jackson and Dexter Giles (fathers of #1 Rivals ranked recruit Josh Jackson and #2 Rivals ranked recruit Harry Giles).

** January 4 – In his new era of “accountability, Scott Barnes fires Teresa Nuzzo after “failing to win a Dance Team or Cheerleading Championship for over 30 years.”

** January 5 – Theresa Nuzzo fills the last remaining open position as Pitt Basketball Secretary. Scott Barnes has “no comment.”

** January 10 - The Panthers lose their first game of the year to Wake Forest, 102-103, despite 50 points from Sterling Smith, 25 from Maia and 15 from Nelson Odada. Following the game, Dixon cites “poor shot selection” as the main cause for the loss.

** January 15 - In front of 6,425 at the Pete (9,999 announced), the Panthers defeat Duke 83-63 to go to 4-1 in the ACC. James Robinson scores 37 points with 17 assists, despite a recent PantherLair poll showing that 54% of posters indicating they would rather see Mike Lecak play the point.

** January 16 – James Robinson is announced as a finalist for the Wooden Award.

** January 20 – The Panthers lose 100-101 in 4 overtimes at Boston College. In their final possession, James Robinson, after scoing 51 points for the Panthers, drives by four BC defenders but his layup rolls off the rim as time expires. A poll shows the majority of PantherLair posters call for James Robinson to quit immediately.

** January 31 – The Panthers drop to 6-3 in the ACC after a 88-89 loss to Virginia. Despite a 19-3 record, they fall out of the top 25, nor are they found anywhere in “others receiving votes.” Local poll voter Bob Smizik posts his poll on his blog revealing he did not include the Panthers. When asked for his reasoning, Smizik explains “the Panthers obviously place an over-the-top emphasis on the regular season. That is why they have even won any of their games thus far. I’d think they would be a team much better prepared for the NCAA tournament if they were to go 0-32 following the pointless ACC Tournament. I think I’d put such a well-rested team at #1 on my poll.”

** February 14 – the Panthers win four straight games to surge to 10-3, placing them in a tie for first place with North Carolina.

** February 17 – The Panthers win 91-90 win over North Carolina to reach first place. JUCO point guard Jonathan Milligan fills in for injured point guard James Robinson, scoring 51 points with 20 assists.

** February 18 – Jamie Dixon holds a press conference indicating that he will relinquish all game day coaching duties to Bill Barton, while he goes totally on the road recruiting for now on. During the conference, Dixon says: “Fans don’t know this, but during games, since he got here, Bill Barton his been the guy whispering in my ear, telling me what to do at every turn. Truth be told, all thanks for every win over the last four years should go to Bill, because I’ve never really ever had a clue what to do.” Dixon went onto to say: “I’d rather Bill be the bench coach anyway, cause I only get paid when I get a recruit, so I don’t really give a rats’ ass if we win or not.”

** February 20 – the Panthers win 42-41 over North Carolina State. In his first post game press conference, Bill Barton says: “I always thought Dixon played at too fast of a tempo. I’m glad I can fix that.” NC State Coach Mark Gottfried said: “Not having Maverick Rowan was all the difference in this game.”

** February 21 – Resulting from an extremely disappointing Junior year where he’s averaged 3.3 PPG, and 1.6 RPG, Mike Young announces he will transfer to PSU. Regarding the transfer, Young says: “Penn State Coach Chambers promised me that I will be his starting center. As a true center, I know that’s where I belong.”

** February 28 – the Panthers fall to 12-4 in the ACC after losing to Louisville by the score of 45-85. Following the game, Bill Barton explains that the team “just didn’t play offense at the tempo we require. We need to play much, much faster." He also reveals that Jamel Artis has been “dismissed from the team” because Jamel thought he was a “true three” and Coach Rowan and I think he’s a “true four.”

** March 1 – Rivals #1 recruit Josh Jackson announces that he will commit to the University of Pittsburgh. At his announcement, Jackson says: “I committed to Pitt because of Coach Dixon who always made really good eye contact with me. But more than that, I really like the “relationship” I had with Coach Dixon’s secretary Theresa Nuzzo. That was actually the deciding factor. As long as she’s around, I think I’ll really like being at Pitt,” without giving further explanation to the relationship.

** March 2 - Dixon receives another $1,000,000 bonus for Jackson’s commitment.

** March 3 – Theresa Nuzzo also receives a $1,000,000 bonus for Jackson’s commitment.

** March 4 – Rivals #2 recruit Harry Giles commits to the Panthers. When asked why he chose the Panthers, Giles replied: “No comment.” Without ever even being asked, Nuzzo also offered: “no comment.”

** March 5 – Rivals proclaims Pitt’s recruiting class as the #1 recruiting class in the county! Dixon says: 'No comment."

** March 12 – Head Bench Coach Bill Barton leads the Panthers to a 33-32 ACC Tournament Final victory over Virginia. The Panthers finish the season with a 30-4 record, with an ACC regular season and ACC tournament championship.

** March 13 – The Panthers receive a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament. The Tournament Committee Chair explains the seeding by saying: “the Panthers’ out of conference schedule simply sucked.”

** March 14 – Head Recruiting Closing Coach Dixon, using his recent success as his basis, announces that the Panthers will no longer use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN or any other social media for their recruiting efforts. Instead, he will use the dating site Tinder for all recruiting going forward.

** March 17 – Head Bench Coach Bill Barton loses his first ever NCAA game by the score of 98-99 to #10 seed Pepperdine.

** March 18 – Post-Gazette Panther Beat Writer Paul Ziese condems Head Bench Coach Bill Barton for the loss and his poor decision to try to play "up tempo.”

** March 19 – Head Recruiting Closing Coach Dixon resigns from his position to become the new President/CEO of Tinder.

** March 20 – AD Scott Barnes fires Bill Barton as the Head Panther Bench Coach, stating: “we have a new standard of accountability for the Panthers Basketball Program, and if you can’t win the NCAA tournament, we must find someone who can.”

** March 21 – AD Scott Barnes interviews Sean Miller for the both positons of Head Recruiting Coach and Head Bench Coach. Miller does not receive either position because of lack of eye contact in the interview.

** March 21 through April 21 – Scott Barnes interviews approximately 7 dozen candidates for the Panther Head Recruiting Coach and Panther Head Bench Coaching jobs. None of the candidates make enough eye contact in their interviews to secure either job.

** April 22 – AD Scott Barnes announces that former Dance Team and Cheerleader Coach Theresa Nuzzo has been named as both the Head Recruiting and Head Bench Coaching Jobs for the Pitt Hoops teams. Said Barnes: “During the interview process, Nuzzo demonstrated a truly particular “eye contact,” that resonated in a meaningful manner to me, so much more than any other of our candidates. I have no doubt that with Theresa, the most important things about Pitt Hoops will be on the rise! She's given me all the evidence I need to know that she's certainly a closer -- a big time finisher!”

** April 22 -- 37 minutes after Barnes' announcement, Nuzzo has 2,500,000+ followers on Twitter.

Last edited:
All of this will happen too ...

** January 3 - Dixon finally replaces Knight, Williamson, Regan, Richards and Lett with the fathers of Maverick Rowan, Mustapha Heron, Corey Manigualt and Larry Jackson, Dexter Giles, fathers of #1 Rivals ranked recruit Josh Jackson and #2 Rivals ranked recruit Harry Giles.

** January 4 – In his new era of “accountability, Scott Barnes fires Teresa Nuzzo after “failing to win a Dance Team or Cheerleading Championship for over 30 years.”

** January 5 – Theresa Nuzzo fills the last remaining open position as Pitt Basketball Secretary. Scott Barnes has “no comment.”

** January 10 - The Panthers lose their first game of the year to Wake Forest, 102-103, despite 50 points from Sterling Smith, 25 from Maia and 15 from Nelson Odada. Following the game, Dixon cites “poor shot selection” as the main cause for the loss.

** January 15 - In front of 6,425 at the Pete (9,999 announced), the Panthers defeat Duke 83-63 to go 4-1 in the ACC. James Robinson scores 37 points with 17 assists, despite a recent PantherLair poll showing that 54% of posters indicating they would rather see Mike Lecak play the point.

** January 16 – James Robinson is announced as a finalist for the Wooden Award.

** January 20 – The Panthers lose 100-101 in 4 overtimes at Boston College. In their final possession, James Robinson, after scoing 51 points for the Panthers, drives by four BC defenders but his layup bounces off the rim as time expires. A poll shows the majority of PantherLair posters call for James Robinson to quit immediately.

** January 31 – The Panthers drop to 6-3 in the ACC after a 88-89 loss to Virginia. Despite a 19-3 record, they fall out of the top 25, nor are they found anywhere in “others receiving votes.” Local poll voter Bob Smizik posts his poll on his blog revealing he did not include the Panthers. When asked for his reasoning, Smizik explains “the Panthers obviously place an over-the-top emphasis on the regular season. That is why they have even won any of their games thus far. I’d think they would be a team much better prepared for the NCAA tournament if they were to go 0-32 following the pointless ACC Tournament. I think I’d put such a well-rested team #1 on my poll.”

** February 14 – the Panthers win four straight games to surge to 10-3, placing them at a tie for first place with North Carolina.

** February 17 – The Panthers win 91-90 win over North Carolina to reach first place. JUCO point guard Jonathan Milligan fills in for injured point guard James Robinson, scoring 51 points with 20 assists.

** February 18 – Jamie Dixon holds a press conference indicating that he will relinquish all game day coaching duties to Bill Barton, while he goes totally on the road recruiting for now on. During the conference, Dixon says: “Fans don’t know this, but during games, since he got here, Bill Barton his been the guy whispering in my ear, telling me what to do at every turn. Truth be told, all thanks for every win should go to Bill, because I’ve never really ever had a clue what to do.” Dixon went onto to say: “I’d rather Bill be the bench coach anyway, cause I only get paid when I get a recruit, so I don’t really give a rats’ ass if we win or not.”

** February 20 – the Panthers win 42-41 over North Carolina State. In his first post game press conference, Bill Barton says: “I always thought Dixon played at too fast of a tempo. I’m glad I can fix that.” NC State Coach Mark Gottfried said: “Not having Maverick Rowan was all the difference in this game.”

** February 21 – Resulting from an extremely disappointing Junior year where he’s averaged 3.3 PPG, and 1.6 RPG, Mike Young announces he will transfer to PSU. Regarding the transfer, Young says: “Penn State Coach Chambers promised me that I will be his starting center. As a true center, I know that’s where I belong.”

** February 28 – the Panthers fall to 12-4 in the ACC after losing to Louisville by the score of 45-85. Following the game, Bill Barton explains that the team “just didn’t play offense at the tempo we require. We need to play much, much faster." He also reveals that Jamel Artis has been “dismissed from the team” because he thought he was a “true three” and Coach Rowan and I think he’s a “true four.”

** March 1 – Rivals #1 recruit Josh Jackson announces that he will commit to the University of Pittsburgh. At his announcement, Jackson says: “I committed to Pitt because of Coach Dixon who always made really good eye contact with me. But more than that, I really like the “relationship” I had with Coach Dixon’s secretary Theresa Nuzzo. That was really the deciding factor. As long as she’s around, I think I’ll really like being at Pitt,” without giving further explanation to the relationship.

** March 2 - Dixon receives another $1,000,000 bonus for Jackson’s commitment.

** March 3 – Theresa Nuzzo also receives a $1,000,000 bonus for Jackson’s commitment.

** March 4 – Rivals #2 recruit Harry Giles commits to the Panthers. When asked why he chose the Panthers, Giles replied: “No comment.” Without ever even being asked, Nuzzo also offered: “no comment.”

** March 5 – Rivals proclaims Pitt’s recruiting class as the #1 recruiting class in the county! Dixon says: 'No comment."

** March 12 – Head Bench Coach Bill Barton leads the Panthers to a 33-32 ACC Tournament Final victory over Virginia. The Panthers finish the season with a 30-4 record, with an ACC regular season and ACC tournament championship.

** March 13 – The Panthers receive a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament. The Tournament Committee Chair explains the seeding by saying: “the Panthers’ out of conference schedule simply sucked.”

** March 14 – Head Recruiting Closing Coach Dixon, using his recent success as his basis, announces that the Panthers will no longer use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN or any other social media for their recruiting efforts. Instead, he will use the dating site Tinder for all recruiting going forward.

** March 17 – Head Bench Coach Bill Barton loses his first ever NCAA game by the score of 98-99 to #10 seed Pepperdine.

** March 18 – A day after the game, Post Gazette Panther Beat Writer Paul Ziese condemned Head Bench Coach Bill Barton for the loss and trying play “hi tempo.”

** March 19 – Head Recruiting Closing Coach Dixon resigns from his position to become the new President/CEO of Tinder.

** March 20 – AD Scott Barnes fires Bill Barton as the Head Panther Bench Coach, stating: “we have a new standard of accountability for the Panthers Basketball Program, and if you can’t win the NCAA tournament right away, you must go!”

** March 21 – AD Scott Barnes interviews Sean Miller for the both positons of Head Recruiting Coach and Head Bench Coach. Miller does not receive either position because of lack of eye contact.

** March 21 through April 21 – Scott Barnes interviews approximately 7 dozen candidates for the Panther Head Recruiting Coach and Panther Head Bench Coaching jobs. None of the candidates make enough eye contact to secure either job.

** April 22 – AD Scott Barnes announces that former Dance Team and Cheerleader Coach Theresa Nuzzo has been named as both the Head Recruiting and Head Bench Coaching Jobs for the Pitt Hoops teams. Said Barnes: “During the interview process, Nuzzo demonstrated a truly particular “eye contact,” that resonated in a meaningful manner to me, so much more than any other of our candidates. I have no doubt that with Theresa, the most important things about Pitt Hoops will be on the rise! She's given me all the evidence I need to know that she's certainly a closer -- a big time finisher!”

** April 22 -- 37 minutes after Barnes' announcement, Nuzzo shows 2,500,000+ followers on Twitter.
You forgot to mention the new, Nuzzo-approved uniforms. Brown leather, tight fit.
Quit your day job, DT......"Modern Family" needs a new head writer.

That's one heck of a stat line. Besides Milligan no one on the team made either a foul shot or a three pointer. I wonder what Milligan's offensive rating would be after a performance like that?

That's one heck of a stat line. Besides Milligan no one on the team made either a foul shot or a three pointer. I wonder what Milligan's offensive rating would be after a performance like that?

I thought you might like that.

... I'm sure all of this will happen.

** September 24 - The Panthers and Coach Dixon suffer the worse single day in the history of Pitt Basketball from a recruiting standpoint, when Cassius Winston chooses Stanford, Charlie Moore chooses California, Maliek White chooses Providence, Miles Powell chooses George Mason, Kevin Marfo chooses Georgia Tech, Xavier Simpson chooses Cleveland State, Tervell Beck chooses Kent St. and Lamar Stevens chooses Penn State.

** September 25 - A closer examination of Twitter and tweets with the hashtags #noeyecontactdixon and #wewanttoplayhightempo, reveals that all eight potential recruits coordinated their commitment day to demonstrate their disrespect for one particular College Basketball Coach.

** September 28 - Pitt Athletic Director Scott Barnes holds a press conference proclaiming "a new era of accountability." He announces that he has required Dixon to fire assistants Brandin Knight and Smoke Williamson, Director of Basketball Operations Brian Regan, Director of Video Jason Richards, Grad Assistant Ontario Lett, and Secretary Beth Schodel. He adds that he has also mandated that Assistant Bill Barton be retained because of his ability to help recruits get eligible.

** September 29 - The NCAA declares Pitt freshman recruit Damon Wilson ineligible for the coming season.

** September 30 - Panther Head Coach Jamie Dixon tweets -“I will never use Twitter again.”

** October 1 - Scott Barnes meets with Jamie Dixon to emphasize that the use of Twitter is paramount to the success of the Panther Hoops program. He explains to him that “wins and losses” will no longer be used as part of his annual performance evaluation, but use of social media will be. He also tells Dixon that he has restructured his contract and that Dixon will no longer receive his base salary. Instead, Dixon will only to be paid on each occurrence of his “closing” on a recruit. His payment will include a “Rivals Recruit Star Multiplier” as an incentive.

** October 5 - Although he hasn’t used the “Pat signal “ to announce a new recruit since August 10, and despite the Panthers’ 42-6 loss at Virginia Tech to run their record to 0-4, AD Barnes announces a 5-year extension for Football Coach Pat Narduzzi. Barnes sites Narduzzi’s excellent use of Twitter as the primary basis for the extension.

** October 29 - 5 star Rivals recruit Mustapha Heron de-commits from Auburn and announces that after becoming connected with Panther Head Coach Jamie Dixon on LinkedIN, he will play basketball at Pitt. On Facebook, Heron’s father posted the following: “Mustafa had been connected via LinkedIN to Bill Barton for some time. However, connecting with Dixon on LinkedIN today really changed our mind. What really impressed us was the recommendation on Dixon’s LinkenIN page from his former boss, Steve Pederson, explaining how Dixon always made good eye contact in staff meetings.”

** October 30 - Jamie Dixon gets his first paycheck from Pitt in a month after receiving the commitment of Heron. Dixon gets $1,000,000, comprised of $200,000 for the commitment times 5 rivals stars.

** November 1 - Maverick Rowan’s Dad, Ron, attends the Steelers-Bengals game at Heinz Field and sees #PittwantsMav on the Equitable Gas (formerly Alcoa) sign on Mt. Washington. Later that night on Pintrest, Rowan’s Dad announces that he told his son that Maverick will transfer from NC State and go to the Panthers.

** November 2 - Dixon receives $800,000 from the University of Pittsburgh, comprised of $200,000 for Maverick’s commitment times 4 for each of Maverick Rowan’s stars.

** November 3 - Ron Rowan accepts a job as a Sales Rep at Equitable Gas. Two days later, the NCAA releases a statement saying they are sure there had to be some sort of recruiting violation, but cannot issue sanctions since they have no idea what it could be. The NCAA also announces that they have awarded Joe Paterno another 91 wins to give him “an even 500.”

** November 13 - The unranked Panthers defeat #11 Gonzaga 89-87 in Okinawa. Pitt's fifth year seniors Rafeal Maia (33 points), and Sterling Smith (24 points on 8-24 shooting from three) lead the way. After the game, Dixon commends Alozno Nelson-Ododa for playing 10 minutes, scoring 0 points , grabbing 2 rebounds and a block. Says Dixon: “Odada’s minutes were huge. He stepped up and ensured Mike didn’t have to play the five. This was the key to the game since Young isn’t a true five.” Gonzaga’s Kyle Wiltjer was held to 2 points and remarked: “Our whole team just seemed really tired after the plane trip to Japan. And we just couldn’t keep up with the Panthers’ up tempo attack.”

** December 1 -The #25 Panthers defeat the #15 Purdue Boilermakers at the Pete by the score of 99-96 to go to 6-0. James Robinson scores 41 points on repeated penetration into the lane, despite not hitting a single shot from three. Sheldon Jeter scores 38 after only scoring one point in 7 minutes the game prior. After the game, Dixon is asked about Mike Young and Jamel Artis combining for only 5 points and 2 rebounds and he replies “we know Mike and Jamel are a true four and true three respectively, so it will come. But right now, they both need to focus on defense.”

** December 2 - Josh Newkirk’s Dad posts a video on YouTube of Dixon staring straight at his son Josh while he talks to him during a recruiting visit. He adds the following comments to the video: “Dixon always made good eye contact with Josh. I just wish we would have known Dixon would play at this tempo where Josh could have been more successful.”

** December 7 - Josh’s Dad calls Coach Dixon to learn if Josh can return to the Panthers. Dixon takes the call (after hanging up with Maverick Rowan’s Dad) but explains to Josh’s Dad that he can’t take Josh back because "that damn Barnes won’t pay me for transfers, except Mav Rowan of course."

** December 8 - Despite a 2-10 record, the Panther football team accepts a big to the December 11 MDU Resources Bowl in Bismark North Dakota, one of 27 new bowls added during the course of the College Football season. Scott Barnes gives Pat Narduzzi a $150,000 bonus for making the bowl announcement on Twitter.

** December 11 – The Football team loses 14-33 to 5-7 Middle Tennessee in the MDU Bowl. The same day, Pat Narduzzi gains 100,000 new followers on Twitter and passes over 150,000 when he tweets: “A new commit is coming soon!" This is Narduzzi's last tweet in 2015.

** January 2 - With a 107-101 defeat of Maryland Eastern Shore, the Panthers run their record to 13-0. Despite having the highest scoring team and highest tempo team in College Basketball, the Panthers only move to #24 in the polls. Following the game, Dixon remarks: “I wanted to play a better OOC schedule and I know that would be the difference for us being in the top 10 right now, but Scott Barnes wouldn’t let me. But screw it. What the hell do I care? I only get paid for the recruits I bring in anyway.”

Part two to come ...

OK, that was entertaining, but what have you done with the real DT Pitt?

And I sure hope we get a rebuttal (or confirmation) from Theresa...

Go Pitt.

OK, that was entertaining, but what have you done with the real DT Pitt?

And I sure hope we get a rebuttal (or confirmation) from Theresa...

Go Pitt.

Just having a little fun -- I try to do something like this every year around this time after we've talked everything else to death.

Last edited:
Where is the Bob Smizik article that Pitt basketball will be better served by not playing in the Summer Pro Am, they will have fresher legs and bodies for the regular season?

You missed the point. Yeah, maybe I could have expressed it better but.. the point was that, with no pro-am this past summer, some of the posters on this board... are losing their minds.

You missed the point. Yeah, maybe I could have expressed it better but.. the point was that, with no pro-am this past summer, some of the posters on this board... are losing their minds.

Yea, I agree. Wish the Pro-Am was never cancelled. (Getting a couple players from IUP wouldn't have hurt anything to fill in for all Jamie's injured players. IUP is good at bball actually...)

Go Pitt (& RMU)... And can't wait for hoop season.

Where is the Bob Smizik article that Pitt basketball will be better served by not playing in the Summer Pro Am, they will have fresher legs and bodies for the regular season?

Oh, BTW RRTB.... I have no idea if 'no pro-am tourney this summer' will have a positive affect, a negative affect, or no affect at all on the team this year. You would think that, the pro-am at least allowed the players to loosen up a bit, and a little street ball might have some positive impacts... but with the players being allowed to spend one hour a week with Dixon and company.... might be more disposed to play more Jamie ball and play some D for a change.

So, we will just have to see and... it is gonna be hard to tell one way or another.

IMO the biggest concern going into the Gonzaga game is showing up stiff due to the long plane ride (could affect Gonzaga as well). The second biggest concern.... Gonzaga lost their entire starting perimeter and we just lost one rotation player BUT.... we got 4-6 (depending on eligibility issues) new players coming in AND Dixon moved his top two scorers from last year to new positions so we may not be ready as a team at the start of the season.

Yeah, still two plus months away.

Some lost their minds a long time ago.

You forgot that on April 1st the Adams family will be committing the entire family to Pitt . The real steal is the 7'5" Lerch who comes with his own personal coaching staff and trainer Gomez and uncle Fester . Let's not forget the contributions It will make in pointing out in game strategy to JD. Who needs Bill Barton and Bradin Knight ? On the women's side Judy ( think that was her name ) is a great straight away shooter ,but the real gain will be on bench with the addition of Mortica ( can't get up in that dress ) to the coaching staff. Things are looking up!

You forgot that on April 1st the Adams family will be committing the entire family to Pitt . The real steal is the 7'5" Lerch who comes with his own personal coaching staff and trainer Gomez and uncle Fester . Let's not forget the contributions It will make in pointing out in game strategy to JD. Who needs Bill Barton and Bradin Knight ? On the women's side Judy ( think that was her name ) is a great straight away shooter ,but the real gain will be on bench with the addition of Mortica ( can't get up in that dress ) to the coaching staff. Things are looking up!

"Thing" has the hands (hand) to be a great point guard.

I think the not so subtle point of this prediction is that it will take an injury for Jamie "Union Boss" Dixon to allow the clearly more talented Milligan to start over Robinson.

I think the not so subtle point of this prediction is that it will take an injury for Jamie "Union Boss" Dixon to allow the clearly more talented Milligan to start over Robinson.

You are assuming that I put WAY much more thought into this line than I actually did. So truth be told, that wasn't my point at all (unless of course, if it was somehow subconscious on my part! ;)).

You are assuming that I put WAY much more thought into this line than I actually did. So truth be told, that wasn't my point at all (unless of course, if it was somehow subconscious on my part! ;)).

I was mostly just poking fun at others who might interpret that part that way. Of course, we know Milligan won't come here because of Dixon's poor eye contact.

Actually I didn't miss any point. It was not a shot at you or the Pro Am. It was a shot at Smizik who in the years where we would go to the BET Champ game every year he would write a column on how it would hurt us in the NCAA's by causing tired legs.

Actually I didn't miss any point. It was not a shot at you or the Pro Am. It was a shot at Smizik who in the years where we would go to the BET Champ game every year he would write a column on how it would hurt us in the NCAA's by causing tired legs.
Works both ways.
Zara blamed the Bahamas trip for our final 5 game swoon to end the season .

What a sad and embarrassing thread.
1411142877398.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT