ADVERTISEMENT

Fairbanks back in the lineup

Pitt....2 sets to zero. That 2nd set was awesome....30-28 Pitt. Babcock is a beast!
Final....Pitt 3 sets to zero...match over. Set 3 Pitt 25...Duke 20. This Duke team never gave up. They will make some noise in conference play. Pitt simply ground Duke down with superior defense and great hitting....especially Babcock and Stafford. Monks was great and Nowokolo is back and looking good. Klika was super. Her libero play is such an upgrade over last year's team. On to UNC Sunday.

Pitt....2 sets to zero. That 2nd set was awesome....30-28 Pitt. Babcock is a beast!
Fun match ! Duke is a good team . Absolutely dominant performance from Stafford and Babcock.

A low key good performance from Logan Mosley - Fisher got her in quite a bit in the 2nd and third sets w Klika in the back row.

Reactions: vantheman1976
That Duke team was surprisingly very solid. Agree with the posters that say they’ll make noise.

Big thing for me out of this match - Fish finally went to the 5-1 full time and I loved it. It’s killer to have Babcock hitting out of the back row. I hope he stays with that over the 6-2, the drop off from Fairbanks to either of the Hawaiians is too much for a top team

That Duke team was surprisingly very solid. Agree with the posters that say they’ll make noise.

Big thing for me out of this match - Fish finally went to the 5-1 full time and I loved it. It’s killer to have Babcock hitting out of the back row. I hope he stays with that over the 6-2, the drop off from Fairbanks to either of the Hawaiians is too much for a top team
I see what you are saying about Fairbanks and the 5-1 vs 6-2. I suspect there will be games where we still play a 6-2. The other two setters will still need their game time. As Fairbanks heals, I suspect we may see her play some front right too. She is too valuable to have off the court much.

I see what you are saying about Fairbanks and the 5-1 vs 6-2. I suspect there will be games where we still play a 6-2. The other two setters will still need their game time. As Fairbanks heals, I suspect we may see her play some front right too. She is too valuable to have off the court much.
I think Fisher would definitely prefer to play a 6-2 but sometimes you just have to go with what works.

I think Fisher would definitely prefer to play a 6-2 but sometimes you just have to go with what works.
Yea and I see the benefit of having the extra hitter at the net at all times but at the same time you dont want to take one of your best players off the court for a lesser talent. You hardly see any of the other top teams run a 6-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT