ADVERTISEMENT

Ffrench commits

Ok Ffrench is officially on board now. Wonder why he took it down? Is Duzz always the first one to tweet it?

And seriously... What happened to that last kid to delete his commitment tweet? Wasn't he from mcdevitt or something?

Let me guess, he took it down cuz Alabama, USC, Auburn and FSU all on the verge of offering...

:D:rolleyes::cool: ANOTHER QUARTERBACK FOR PITT FOR ANOTHER POSITION!;):):p
B7SGOlZCEAADeYa.png:large

:oops:Maurice Ffrench:rolleyes:
  • Ht:5'11"
  • Wt:179 lbs
  • 40:4.79 secs (Others Have Him 4.4!)
  • Shuttle:4.37
  • Vertical:31 inches
  • Class:2016 (High School)
  • Maurice Ffrench enters his second season as a starter at quarterback and running back for New Brunswick (N.J.) High School, and colleges are beginning to take notice. "The thing [colleges] should know about me is that I work hard and I have speed," Ffrench said. "I'm still looking to just get everyone to watch my highlight tape, and get to know me. I want to play receiver, but wherever coaches want to put me, I'll play." Ffrench attends school a short drive away from Rutgers, where he will likely visit this summer. He recently worked alongside former Rutgers receiver Sanu during a charity event at his school. "I've talked to them around my freshman year about recruiting, but not a ton then since I'm a class of 2016," Ffrench said. "I was at Rutgers 7-on-7 last year with my high school and that was good." Ffrench will also camp at Princeton this summer with the academic opportunities standing out. "Most of the schools require a high GPA, so I'm staying hard on my grades," he said. "We have an academic program about playing smart that our coaches are involved with. They're on top of us every day because education is so important." Ffrench totaled 13 touchdowns and 1,151 yards from scrimmage. He also threw for five touchdowns and 260 yards, and looks to help New Brunswick improve on its 1-9 record from last year as he evolves into an upper classman. "Right now I feel like it's going to be a good year," he said. "We have a new class coming up that we played with in Pop Warner. We have the chemistry already, and next it's about hard work." :p

Last edited:
Had offers from Buffalo, Army, Central Connecticut State and Villanova.
PSU Nut is right- not a great offer sheet. Funny that he used one of his 22 posts over the last 14 years to point this out (throw it in our face).... kinda of sad really, but that's another story for another thread. However, the staff seems really excited on twitter (more than usual) so I guess that may say something...

I'm wondering if the Ffrench just didn't receive much attention because his team was horrific. It takes a pretty big stand out recruit for coaches to come watch a team that only wins 1 game a year.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
So who else wanted him?

:rolleyes:Princeton!;)

Kind of reminds me of a young, but very much smaller and far slower QB/CB from Brooklyn that was offered an Ivy League Scholarship to Brown University and won more games in NCAA History as a Non-Compliance Coach but died leaving his Program on NCAA Sanctions with the Worst Scandal In College Football History?

Except Ffrench has Athletic Integrity & Follows an Athletic Code of Conduct that Penn State Players did not Comply with until 2012 and after that QB/CB from Brown was removed bringing shame to Penn State's name?

Ffrench is a QB with Speed and expects to be in another position perhaps WR/CB and that Coach Pat & Staff is noted for at UCincy/Michigan State turning 0 to 2 Star Recruits into NFL Players!

Yet, no question he could qualify for any University with his Academics but wants, needs, and will work for his College Scholarship at Pitt!

Many laughed at Coach Pat's Recruits at UCincy/Michigan State as they did when they learn the game, won and got drafted in the NFL!

It will be interesting to to see how Ffrench does, but I will trust this is the type of Recruit and Player that Coach Pat & Staff chose to provide an education for and sees something in his character and smarts just like someone saw in a smaller, slower QB/CB at Brown in 1950s that wasn't Penn State Material?

We shall see?:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pitt-Chains
The 40 time scared me, but I did see he run a 4.48 at one of the combines. But him, flowers and mathews in the same weeekend would be amazing... thats what the word is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT