ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Nationals

I'm looking forward to seeing a few kids. Luke of course will be one I follow. Wentzel will be fun to watch. The little 106 pounder from WPIAL Aaron Burkett is a real good kid and good wrestler who looked very good last weekend when I watched him at NHSCA nationals. The Belle Vernon kids are good wrestlers and will be fun to watch. Several of them have heavy interest in Pitt with Austin Bell having already commited. I was at NHSCA in person last week, but will have to stream matches this weekend on Flowrestling. Pletch, will you be there at IUP this weekend?

For sure nothing like some good wrestling Nice seeing the college rules good way to end the year.

So far so good Pletch. Bell and Wentzel, two Pitt commits looked real good day 1. Luke was totally dominant day 1. I watched one of Burkett's and Nino Bonocorsi's matches and both looked real good. I'd say it was a nice day for Pitt.

Bell looked very good as did wentzel luke did ok but as you know tsecond day is what counts So hopefully they all have good days tomorrow and can put some people to rest.

Can we get your commentary on the results of the Flo Nationals? I see that Luke got pinned in the finals by the #1 seed from Indiana and that Wentzel lost 7-6 in the finals to a lower seed. Bell I believe finished third. I don't have Flo Pro so I couldn't watch any of the videos. Krivus got picked most valuable.

Yup Luke got pinned He had things in control. up 2-1 choice in the third went down he got to base head a little to close to knee over. Wentzel got jobbed his guy ran from him the last 30 seconds Wentz looked great just gave a 5 in the first. Bell looked good

Thanks Pletch. Hope Luke gives us a good look. We definitely need a quality wrestler like him!

Pletch5, I assume that you are a PITT fan from some of your comments. I find it interesting that you say Luke is just starting to focus on recruiting.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but because one of the excuses I heard from two people in the AD's office for not signing Headlee this year, who claim their answer came from discussions with the wrestling staff, was that Pitt was almost a sure thing to get Luke next year, the staff considers him a better prospect, and we need more immediate help at higher weights in 2015 -- 157 to 184 to be specific. I am not sure they addressed those needs with the 2015 class, although none of us can be certain who is in that class since there still is no official release stating who has signed a LOI.

I'm a huge Pitt fan but his season is just over so now is the time to figure out where to. What is best for him not me or anyone

You are absolutely right. He should make the best possible decision for him. I just find it interesting that the staff used him as the excuse for not getting Headlee, who is from Waynesburg. We do have an assistant on the staff named Headlee who also is from Waynesburg, yet Headless is going to NC State.

Krivius was MVP? I believe he is going to UVA. Just another local kid for Pitt to worry about down the road.

Do you happen to know why Spencer Lee didn't wrestle? In fact, did any of the Franklin Area kids wrestle?

412 -- I'm pretty sure Spencer Lee is focused on Winning his 2nd World Championship this spring. Gus Solomon is recovering from a late season injury that prevented him from competing in States this year.

The other dominant kids are all graduating seniors. My guess is Devin Brown and Josh Maruca are both in the weight room trying to gain quality weight as they are both undersized relative to their projected college weights Shields and Kemerer both competed in the Agon V event in Iowa this weekend. Shields faced Marinelli from Saint Paris Graham and Kemerer faced Fredy Stroker from Iowa. Next week, Kemerer, Shields and Brown will be joined by Joseph and Krivus as they have been named to the USA team that will face the Iowa All Stars.

I'd love to know where you get your info Mike. For anybody who knows this staff knows they aren't making excuses about not getting AC Headlee. It sound rediculous. From reading your posts on this board it appears you hate Pitt wrestling and simply sit in California and read intermat rankings and stream the NCAA finals instead of actually support the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT