ADVERTISEMENT

Flynn staying at Edinboro

Don't blame the search committee for this. They had it setup perfectly. Santoro was ready to come. He was the home run hire. He should have been the first and last interview. Our new AD screwed the pooch on this big time. She lost Santoro. Then she lost Flynn, who also was set to come. Her first full week on the job has been a total unmitigated disaster. Her first hire is a total mess. She is starting off worse than the reincarnation of SP.

She is supposed to excel at fundraising. While, barring a surprise, like Cael or Tom Ryan -- and we all know those ain't happening -- I am stopping my contributions to the AD as long as she is in charge. I will still contribute to the CAS, but not a cent to the AD. I already sent a letter to her with a copy to the Chancellor confirming this and outlining in detail the reasons, which are this incredibly incompetent foul up of the wrestling hire. I am not going to quote numbers, but let's just say my annual contribution is not a small one.

RIP Pitt wrestling. You have a great tradition but a totally incompetent AD has now buried you.
Mike, I wen from great optimism when this search startes to total dejection right now!!! Pitt's wrestling tradition is a good one and it seems the new AD does not care!!! TOTAL SADNESS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT