ADVERTISEMENT

For all of you Narduzzi fans

Huh? When and how? His RS was blown his freshman year.

Yeah, there is no reason to think that the NCAA was going to retroactively give Pickett a redshirt for that season. Heck, there is no real reason to think that in that scenario that Pickett would have even bothered to try.

But that won't stop SMF from proclaiming it as a fact that we all are just too dumb to understand.

8-4 this season would feel like a disaster in that context. Means the team collapsed. Or was overrated. Either way, it won't be okay. Generally, if that's your average, your program isn't doing too badly.
Yeah, if 8-4 is your average it’s fine. So far though it’s been pat’s peak which isn’t fine.

Reactions: pittdan77
Mark Whipple has a 30-year history of improving QBs and getting them to reach their potential.

Yes, his play calling is maddening sometimes. But the guy develops QBs, and that isn't "luck".

Every QB, every athlete, has a "ceiling" - Whipple has a knack for helping QBs get close to that ceiling.

And Narduzzi hired Whipple SPECIFICALLY to turn Pickett into the QB he was capable of being. And they both deserve credit for it.
Not sure any of that is relevant or responsive to what I posted, but, okay.

As for this statement: "Narduzzi hired Whipple SPECIFICALLY to turn Pickett into the QB he was capable of being"--I'm pretty sure Whipple was hired to run the offense, improve the passing game, and coach the QBs--even ones that aren't named Pickett. For that matter, I'm pretty sure Watson was hired to do the same thing. So was Canada. So was Chaney.

For anyone that has watched Pitt football over the last 38 years, you’d have to be certifiably insane to want to fire the head coach at Pitt after he wins 9 or more games.

Pitt should have given Dixon more money for assistants. You should ride out some waves with a guy who accomplished what he did during his tenure.

Yeah, there is no reason to think that the NCAA was going to retroactively give Pickett a redshirt for that season. Heck, there is no real reason to think that in that scenario that Pickett would have even bothered to try.

But that won't stop SMF from proclaiming it as a fact that we all are just too dumb to understand.

The NCAA has become extremely liberal with these types of things. Pickett played in 2 full games + 1 play vs Syracuse and 1 or 2 drives in another. A few months later, the 4 game rule was announced. They would have granted him another year if he wanted it.

For anyone that has watched Pitt football over the last 38 years, you’d have to be certifiably insane to want to fire the head coach at Pitt after he wins 9 or more games.

Pitt should have given Dixon more money for assistants. You should ride out some waves with a guy who accomplished what he did during his tenure.

This is the same as the Dixon argument. NOBODY wants to fire Narduzzi. NOBODY wanted to fired Dixon. We are saying that more is expected and another several disappointing seasons and THEN we should take action.

This is the same as the Dixon argument. NOBODY wants to fire Narduzzi. NOBODY wanted to fired Dixon. We are saying that more is expected and another several disappointing seasons and THEN we should take action.
My recollection was you and PittPoker were vocal front runners to fire Dixon. Not 100 per cent sure but I think so. Too lazy to look it up!

My recollection was you and PittPoker were vocal front runners to fire Dixon. Not 100 per cent sure but I think so. Too lazy to look it up!

A million percent no. I was disappointed with how things were going but never once did I say he should be fired. I did say if he has X amount of NCAAT-less seasons, his seat will be warm and also that I would let Jamie walk away if we had a better coach signed, sealed, and delivered.

Not sure any of that is relevant or responsive to what I posted, but, okay.

As for this statement: "Narduzzi hired Whipple SPECIFICALLY to turn Pickett into the QB he was capable of being"--I'm pretty sure Whipple was hired to run the offense, improve the passing game, and coach the QBs--even ones that aren't named Pickett. For that matter, I'm pretty sure Watson was hired to do the same thing. So was Canada. So was Chaney.
Chaney, Canada, and Whipple were all excellent OC hires. 3/4 isn't bad. It's one of many reasons I've become more than comfortable with Narduzzi as the CEO of Pitt football.

Chaney, Canada, and Whipple were all excellent OC hires. 3/4 isn't bad. It's one of many reasons I've become more than comfortable with Narduzzi as the CEO of Pitt football.

Whipple's offenses were god awful until this year.

He's paid over $5 million and he sucks as a defensive coach. I'm not glad he's at Pitt and everyone I know feels the same
He's paid over $5 million year because he is the HEAD COACH. He is the man in charge of the entire football program, not the defense. That responsibility falls upon Defensive Coordinator Randy Bates. If you have issues with the defense, he is the person you should be focusing your attention on. To be quite honest, this is college football, ALL good teams put lots of points on the board and worry about defense afterwards.
Right or wrong, you (and the people you know) are certainly entitled to your opinion. That being said, I am glad that he is the Head Coach here at Pitt.

Bowl games don't count in my book. They're fun exhibition games.

8-4
8-4 (gifted supreme offensive talent for 2 years)
5-7
7-5 not including ACCG loss
7-5
6-5

He has lost 5 or more regular season games 4 years in a row. The only way he can do any better is by complete luck (being gifted NFL offensive talent or a Temple commit who was borderline average his entire career turning into a Heisman contendor). And when he has this, he BARELY outperforms his usual 5 loss season.

His defense is trash and its back to 5 or 6 losses next season. We have a generational QB and cant beat the western half of Michigan or a Miami team who fans are calling for their HC to be fired.
“ bowl games don’t count” seriously that may be the dumbest post I have ever read on the lair

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT