ADVERTISEMENT

Former QB Kevan Smith...

Thanks, good read.

Funny thing with KS and fate. He put a very pretty long pass right into the hands of one of our WR that would have possibly won a huge game for us at Michigan State. I can't remember the WR name (mercifully). Possibly someone such as Aundre Wright, a classic Wanny high-starred guy who underachieved. Anyway, the throw itself couldn't have been placed better. Say the guy holds on, we win that game, it gives KS confidence ... maybe things turn out differently. The guy certainly had the raw tools.

Last edited:
Nice little article in the Trib about him being one step away from the majors with the White Sox.

Obviouy didn't end up how he intended at Pitt, but sounds like it all may have worked out in the end. Best of luck to the kid.

http://triblive.com/mobile/8660164-96/smith-sox-baseball

I saw Kevan play both football and baseball at Pitt and he was a good athlete ..... in football he was just too inexperienced and got thrown into playing before he was ready .... whether he would have developed into a good football player given more time is hard to say ...... having watched him play baseball, it was pretty obvious to me that he made the right decision for himself to switch to baseball ..... despite not having played baseball for a couple years, he was very good from the start of his baseball career at Pitt and got better with time ..... very good hitter with a lot of power ..... he could really drive the ball and most of the time hit it hard ...... for his size, he could run the bases well and knew when to take an extra base ...... his catching was good and his arm very good ...... it was clear that he would be drafted and I'm not surprised at all that he has advanced as he has ...... the question that will go unanswered is, would he be farther along now if he had played baseball at Pitt right out of high school rather then started in football ?

Thanks, good read.

Funny thing with KS and fate. He put a very pretty long pass right into the hands of one of our WR that would have possibly won a huge game for us at Michigan State. I can't remember the WR name (mercifully). Possibly someone such as Aundre Wright, a classic Wanny high-starred guy who underachieved. Anyway, the throw itself couldn't have been placed better. Say the guy holds on, we win that game, it gives KS confidence ... maybe things turn out differently. The guy certainly had the raw tools.

Oderick Turner. That was one of the most frustrating losses of all time. We out coached and out played them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT