ADVERTISEMENT

Former Tennessee DE Hendrix Announces Transfer To Pitt, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
As stated earlier, the opportunity to start and play at Pitt is greater than at Programs loaded with Recruits sitting the bench. It is about playing as soon as possible to learn Game Day Football. Pitt has always provided that opportunity and why smart recruits choose Pitt that want to play at a high level in College and go on to greatness in the NFL!

:D

Pitt isn't trying to use Tennessee as a farm system — it just looks that way.

Rising sophomore defensive end Dewayne Hendrix, a former four-star recruit, said Monday night he will enroll at Pitt after leaving Tennessee. He will join former Volunteers quarterback Nathan Peterman, who will enroll at Pitt next month and be eligible immediately because he graduated.

Hendrix, who must sit out the 2015 season per NCAA transfer rules, chose Pitt over Iowa State, Illinois and Northern Illinois.

On his Twitter account, Hendrix wrote: “I am eager to begin the next stage of my college career at Pitt !!!” When Hendrix visited Pitt March 28, he left with good feelings.

“I liked everything about Pitt,” he said a few days after the visit. “How they practice, how they get after it, some of the schemes they run on defense. It was really intense.”

Hendrix, 6-foot-5, 258 pounds, was one of the most coveted strong-side defensive end recruits in the nation at O'Fallon (Ill.) High School in 2014. He was ranked fifth at his position in the nation (first in Illinois), according to Rivals.com. He had 22 scholarship offers, including Michigan State (where Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi was defensive coordinator), Illinois and seven other Big Ten schools. His connection to Pitt is through tight ends coach Tim Salem, formerly an assistant at Illinois.

Hendrix, who will have three years of eligibility remaining, played in seven games for Tennessee, recording two tackles, last season.

“I am transferring mainly for a better opportunity,” he said.

He said he didn't like the Tennessee defensive scheme in which defensive ends line up inside the opposing tight end. “It was like playing defensive tackle,” he said. “I like being on the edge.”At Pitt, he would be used as an edge rusher.

O'Fallon coach Brandon Joggerst said Tennessee coaches wanted him to stay. “At O'Fallon, he was a very hard worker who gave tremendous effort on the field,” Joggerst said. “He was a great teammate. A very humble kid with a high motor.”

Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at jdipaola@tribweb.com or via Twitter @JDiPaola_Trib.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/8254107-74/pitt-hendrix-defensive#ixzz3YZuvxmeF
images

Last edited:
As stated earlier, the opportunity to start and play at Pitt is greater than at Programs loaded with Recruits sitting the bench. It is about playing as soon as possible to learn Game Day Football. Pitt has always provided that opportunity and why smart recruits choose Pitt that want to play at a high level in College and go on to greatness in the NFL!

:D

Pitt isn't trying to use Tennessee as a farm system — it just looks that way.

Rising sophomore defensive end Dewayne Hendrix, a former four-star recruit, said Monday night he will enroll at Pitt after leaving Tennessee. He will join former Volunteers quarterback Nathan Peterman, who will enroll at Pitt next month and be eligible immediately because he graduated.

Hendrix, who must sit out the 2015 season per NCAA transfer rules, chose Pitt over Iowa State, Illinois and Northern Illinois.

On his Twitter account, Hendrix wrote: “I am eager to begin the next stage of my college career at Pitt !!!” When Hendrix visited Pitt March 28, he left with good feelings.

“I liked everything about Pitt,” he said a few days after the visit. “How they practice, how they get after it, some of the schemes they run on defense. It was really intense.”

Hendrix, 6-foot-5, 258 pounds, was one of the most coveted strong-side defensive end recruits in the nation at O'Fallon (Ill.) High School in 2014. He was ranked fifth at his position in the nation (first in Illinois), according to Rivals.com. He had 22 scholarship offers, including Michigan State (where Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi was defensive coordinator), Illinois and seven other Big Ten schools. His connection to Pitt is through tight ends coach Tim Salem, formerly an assistant at Illinois.

Hendrix, who will have three years of eligibility remaining, played in seven games for Tennessee, recording two tackles, last season.

“I am transferring mainly for a better opportunity,” he said.

He said he didn't like the Tennessee defensive scheme in which defensive ends line up inside the opposing tight end. “It was like playing defensive tackle,” he said. “I like being on the edge.”At Pitt, he would be used as an edge rusher.

O'Fallon coach Brandon Joggerst said Tennessee coaches wanted him to stay. “At O'Fallon, he was a very hard worker who gave tremendous effort on the field,” Joggerst said. “He was a great teammate. A very humble kid with a high motor.”

Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at jdipaola@tribweb.com or via Twitter @JDiPaola_Trib.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/8254107-74/pitt-hendrix-defensive#ixzz3YZuvxmeF
images

Cap't, like the reference of using a green envy face !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT