ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article Gipson "thought it was a dream" when Pitt offered

Soooo.... we were his dream offer, but he didn't just automatically accept? Don't get me wrong, I guess it shows some maturity or something... or he just wants the Jersey visit... but typically expect that kind of gushing, which sounded sincere, to conclude with "so, if course I said yes to Coach Narduzzi immediately".

Soooo.... we were his dream offer, but he didn't just automatically accept? Don't get me wrong, I guess it shows some maturity or something... or he just wants the Jersey visit... but typically expect that kind of gushing, which sounded sincere, to conclude with "so, if course I said yes to Coach Narduzzi immediately".

How do you know he didn’t accept to Narduzzi already? Ever think he already accepted but doesn’t want to make it public so that he can publicly show respect to the schools that showed him offers and support since day 1?

Reactions: wbrpanther
How do you know he didn’t accept to Narduzzi already? Ever think he already accepted but doesn’t want to make it public so that he can publicly show respect to the schools that showed him offers and support since day 1?

My response was admittedly from a fan's viewpoint and what I was hoping to see as a conclusion, especially from all I'd read in the article to that point. It was like, "OMG, this is the greatest thing I've wanted all my life!" And then, oh well, we'll see what Rutgers is like.

From the players standpoint I see nothing wrong with it, to be clear.

If it's more a thing of wanting to wait for some ceremony to 'announce' the commitment or such, so be it. Personally not my thing, but I was not 18 in 2018 when this kind of thing is the norm, and was never in such a flattering position of schools chasing me to play for them, so I really can't relate. I just think I would have said "that's the place for me, ive committed" and been done with it.

But i definitely advocate he take his trips and explore his options. It's a once in a lifetime occurrence, use it for what you can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT