ADVERTISEMENT

Good article on the wrestling coach search...

As I said, this is what happens when you hire an AD based on diversity rather than the best person for the job. This should surprise no one.

I knew something was up when there was a long delay after the interview. He should have been hired on the spot.

This is a flat out amateur hour performance by the AD. Go back to EMU.

Reactions: brickfhouse
The groundwork was laid. It was a done deal.

I'm afraid to find out in person what went down, and I likely will eventually. Good grief.

My small commitment to Nish is still good, but I was seriously thinking of upping it. Probably not now. If Nish bails, I'm out.

Fortunately Flynn is a great coach but be happy you don't know the details. It's not exactly going to inspire confidence going forward.

Fortunately Flynn is a great coach but be happy you don't know the details. It's not exactly going to inspire confidence going forward.
If Flynn is a great coach who has done more with less at Edinboro, then why wouldn't he be the first choice? It is not like we are choosing Will Muschamp over Jimbo Fisher.

Well obviously Pat was a pitt alum who had donors lined up behind him. Plus Edinboro's academics is a lot different than Pitt. I will say that we're very fortunate to have Flynn if he in fact takes the job.

Well obviously Pat was a pitt alum who had donors lined up behind him. Plus Edinboro's academics is a lot different than Pitt. I will say that we're very fortunate to have Flynn if he in fact takes the job.

People have to realize too, that at Lehigh, wrestling is arguably their biggest sport. It's a big man on campus sport, and it shows in their boosters, facilities, endowments, etc. There's a lot of incentive for Pat to stay, and some of its personal. But he is, and always will be a Pitt man.

Edinboro will admit anything that breathes, and it has to, because the university is in serious, serious financial trouble. It is also a lot cheaper than Pitt, which means it costs less for those on partial scholarships. But if I were Flynn, I'd be all over the Pitt job because who the heck knows what is going on, financial stability wise, at some of these PASSHE schools. They aren't going to be upping spending in athletics. It's a completely different situation than leaving Lehigh.

If Pitt can't pull Flynn, it is an absolute cluster.

Last edited:
I hope to hell that she hires Flynn. My guess is he sees budget cuts coming at Edinboro and Bruce will retire at some point. Nothing against Kocher or Headlee, but Come on Man!

typical pitt things never change. they take longer then any other college to hire coaches in any sport. also shows that wrestling is an afterthought by the university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT