ADVERTISEMENT

Grand opening of Aaron Donald's Pittsburgh restaurant today!

PittBaller

Head Coach
Mar 24, 2009
Diggin the "H2P" sign in front. Get out and support!
11093053_347831645405317_653816694_n.jpg

I hope he doesn't actually own this. These types of things can drain your money quickly. What you should always do, is partner up with people who know the business. You put in a small amount, maybe 5%, and lend your name to the business, which you help promote. You are paid a certain amount for this. You risk very little that way. The restaurant business is tough, and it tends to eat amateurs alive.

Good advice...Im sure AD has dotted the I's and crossed the tv's !! As you have stated the restaurant biz is tough (New it well-old pro at it once)..Let's all wish AD good luck/god bless on his investment!! Htp/Forever!!!

I like your idea, but I read somewhere that his brother is managing the place. I hope that he's got a business background; the bar/restaurant is a tough one to break into.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Pittparade:
Looks very familiar. Where exactly is this located in Oakland?
Meyran Ave. Around the corner from Quaker Steak and next the the public parking garage. It formerly housed a bar/restaurant also known as Pittsburgh Cafe that was a very popular Fri/Sat night locale for students until it closed in 2012 and was re-opened briefly as Wingharts.

I like your idea, but I read somewhere that his brother is managing the place. I hope that he's got a business background; the bar/restaurant is a tough one to break into.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This is pretty typical. Wealthy person tries to provide jobs for family and friends. This usually ends with the wealthy person losing a chunk of money. I wish them the best, but I wouldn't bet on this place being successful.

He should open a new Indian restaurant in Oakland. India Garden on Atwood is horrible after getting new management.

This is pretty typical. Wealthy person tries to provide jobs for family and friends. This usually ends with the wealthy person losing a chunk of money. I wish them the best, but I wouldn't bet on this place being successful.
Exactly why most professional athletes are broke a few years after their career ends. They spend like they are going to make the same amount they do not for the next 40 years. On top of it they try to help friends and with jobs. Hopefully he fairs better than most.

Exactly why most professional athletes are broke a few years after their career ends. They spend like they are going to make the same amount they do not for the next 40 years. On top of it they try to help friends and with jobs. Hopefully he fairs better than most.
It's a pity, since the NFL spends a lot of money to bring-in speakers and advisors to counsel and warn the new players about the pitfalls of new-found wealth. I guess there's no teaching some people....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT