ADVERTISEMENT

Hainsey leaves Gateway for IMG

1) Is he Legitimately Good or is this based on size?
2) Did he drink the Nitter kool aid or there other contenders?

Reactions: Breeze90
I live in the Sarasota/bradenton area. I have been to a few IMG football games. I don't think their model works for a sport like football. The main issue is: they cannot find a representative schedule. The local schools that have talented enough players to move on to play in college do not play IMG. This is due to some poaching. They do play a couple of prep schools but the majority of their games are played against inferior talent teams.
Much different than say, Prep school basketball. I question how a kid is going to get better playing against significantly inferior players. One game last year, IMG lined up 5 kids across the line on offense avg. 6'2" 280 or better. Biggest kid lining up against him was 5'11" 250lbs. So your ability to develop as a player is limited to practicing against your own team. At $54K a year in tuition it seems odd to pay this amount with a college scholarship being the goal.
The atmosphere is terrible as the kids are there for individual goals on the field and in the stands. It's a bastion of "entitlement" for 15-18 year olds yet to do anything.

I will say with a diamond vision scoreboard, SmoothieKing and SubWay counters, college level locker rooms, top tier field turf...the most incredible facilities you can find anywhere.

We have no chance with this kid...from his actions on Twitter, he thinks Pitt is a joke.

Reactions: bmejnes
Weinke left for the NFL.
International Management Group Academy is the predatory school that evolved from Nick Bolliteri's tennis academy. Bolliteri is where Agassi et al got their start. Soon individual sports like golf (David Ledbetter) were part of the mix. Football was added about 3 years ago.

I guess the question I have is: if North Allegheny or Woodland Hills (teams with a higher number of college level players) played a schedule filled with Class A teams like Brentwood, Frazier, Western Beaver...how much better would you get? And is it a true indication of your skill? I ask the skill question because if you physically over power your opponent on every play, how much technique is being refined? Are you making yourself fundamentally better?
All for close to $60+ a year...which is what you are trying to earn with a scholarship to college.

yeah, doesn't make sense. AAA football here is very good and he already has a ton of offers. Don't see how the cost would provide that much benefit to his game.

maybe there is something going on behind the scenes that we do not know about.

Agreed...they provide a lot of scholarship money. But the model of a superpower HS football team is still in question. They literally push around most of the teams they play. I saw them play (Miami) Monsignor Pace last year...Pace had about 35 kids on the roster. IMG almost twice as many dressed. No one on Pace had really any size...score was 48-7 with about 10 min left in the second quarter.
I just question how a kid gets better in that completion? I get the practices must be tough, but playing the actual game has to account for something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT