ADVERTISEMENT

Hargrove to Pitt

Unranked...mmmmmk i know u cant place too much on star ratings, but no ranking means no ones cares much to see him from recruiting sites.... Oh well

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I'm watching his Hudle videos, and I see Hargrove as a LB in college. Sure he's 250 already, but he simply is slow off the line. He sheds blockers well, has good pursuit of the ball, and is an absolutely nasty tackler, but he's slow off the snap and pretty much gets through smaller HS linemen by being stronger than them.

@LoadedItalian - Offers from Ivies are a sign of high intelligence, not high character. I could point to thousands of politicians and businessmen, past and present, who went to the Ivies whose character is terrible, and many of them were raised by someone from those same places.

Pitt is It !

& This was on the Rutgers site. Next time this dude comes on our site ban him

Bryce Hargrove to announce this Fri., 10 AM (ET)...

Good call 9 -- we don't need to see any posts on here by kjb.

On Bryce Hargrove -- he reminds me of Soto, or maybe Shayne Hale. From my amateur evaluation, I expect him to be a DT one day -- just doesn't show the quickness to be a DE. He does have nice size and appears to have good instincts.

I'm still looking for us to find an explosive pass rushing DE...

Go Pitt.

DT makes sense for him. I noted the slow first step the other day too, but I was thinking about him as a rush DE. AT 6'6", he could easily get 300 lbs. and still be very mobile. He could also be played as a contain, rather than a pash rushing DE.
Anyway, he is a developmental prospect for sure, but in a few years, he could be quite good, just don't expect much for a few years.

I'm watching his Hudle videos, and I see Hargrove as a LB in college. Sure he's 250 already, but he simply is slow off the line. He sheds blockers well, has good pursuit of the ball, and is an absolutely nasty tackler, but he's slow off the snap and pretty much gets through smaller HS linemen by being stronger than them.

@LoadedItalian - Offers from Ivies are a sign of high intelligence, not high character. I could point to thousands of politicians and businessmen, past and present, who went to the Ivies whose character is terrible, and many of them were raised by someone from those same places.

I am guessing you are joking?

If you think you can get into an Ivy league school with just high intelligence, youre kinda nuts.

You need to work your butt off to get high grades, lots of activities and a strong work ethic. Maybe there are weak character persons that were offered scholarships to ivy league schools, I am sure... but you are welcome to cite some examples. I dont know of many off the top of my head that were of terrible character before getting into college and still were allowed to enter.

I read just today that last season was his first year playing football, so he is going into his senior season with one year of experience, probably the reason for some of his inexperience.

I am guessing you are joking?

If you think you can get into an Ivy league school with just high intelligence, youre kinda nuts.

You need to work your butt off to get high grades, lots of activities and a strong work ethic. Maybe there are weak character persons that were offered scholarships to ivy league schools, I am sure... but you are welcome to cite some examples. I dont know of many off the top of my head that were of terrible character before getting into college and still were allowed to enter.
Ivy League doesn't give scholarships for athletics. All it means is he a good student with good grades.

Do you seriously think the LB position requires less athleticism, quickness and explosiveness than the DE position? It's quite the opposite actually.

Ivy League doesn't give scholarships for athletics. All it means is he a good student with good grades.

They do find ways to get athletes in school if they want him/her (who would not get in if strictly competing for admission based on academic considerations). Their bottom line criteria is just that admissions has to believe the athlete's academics are sufficient that he/she can get by with at least a 2.00 GPA and eventually graduate. I know of a case of an athlete who got into an top Ivy with under a 1,000 SAT (verbal slightly over 500, however).

They also find ways to arrange financial aid packages to reduce the cost of attendance down to the cost of attending good old State U as a non-athlete.

Ivy League schools give need and academic scholies. It is amazing how athletes seem to qualify for both very easily.

Ivy league schools (and other top academic ones) do give need-based scholarships.

They do NOT give academic scholarships. Every kid who gets admitted has a resume that is crazy over the top, so there is nothing that really distinquishes one kid from another academically. Lesser schools give kids academic sholies because they are trying to entice a few very accomplished kids to come to their school.

247 Sports rate him a 2 Star Prospect but those are usually upgraded to 3 Stars on Rivals Ratings.

I like his size and smarts and I think Coach Pat is thinking he can transform him to the Defensive Line or Offensive line for that matter, just a hunch?

Yet, until Coach Pat & Staff still have so much to do until they show how they coach and win and until then, pretty hard to match OSU, PSU, Michigan and MSU!

It is still up to Pitt to grab higher star rated players because recruiting is important to attract the horses just to compete with the other programs. It is hard to coach up every player when other schools are coaching up players with more talent, size, and speed.

Yet, it still takes only 5 to 7 plays to win games made by 3 to 4 players as Paterno used to preach and coach?

Nearly all of the Ivies are committed to meeting 100% of admitted students' demonstrated financial need. For example, at Harvard & Yale families with annual income of $65K or less are not expected to contribute to educational costs. These universities have endowments in the tens of billions from which they easily fund these initiatives.

The more I look at his highlights and know that our coaches worked him out as a DE,DL & OT make me think we may have a gem in the rough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT