ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lykes turn for her hostage negotiation video

I don't know Cal; he was before my time with the team. But if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to go to dinner as these guys did.

You are going to have to disown a lot of Pitt basketball alumns, I can tell you that.

Some of the bubbles that posters live in are fascinating.
Wrong. The number of Pitt basketball alums who pose for photo ops with Cal while he is recruiting in town stands right now at 1.

Wrong. The number of Pitt basketball alums who pose for photo ops with Cal while he is recruiting in town stands right now at 1.

Capel has got to be pissed. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but the guy his busting his ass trying to field good teams here at Pitt and on the verge of landing a very important difference-making local recruit only to have Cal come into town at the last minute to steal him away and then having dinner with the Pitt color analyst, a BOT member, and several big-time boosters. Like, what are we doing here? He was in town specifically to steal a kid from Pitt and these jackasses are having dinner with him. Only at Pitt.

They must not care how Capel feels?

Probably. Its just disrespectful. This just wasnt like Cal was visiting family for the weekend and wanted to catch up with some old pals. He was in town solely to steal a potential Pitt recruit. What idiots.

Capel has got to be pissed. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but the guy his busting his ass trying to field good teams here at Pitt and on the verge of landing a very important difference-making local recruit only to have Cal come into town at the last minute to steal him away and then having dinner with the Pitt color analyst, a BOT member, and several big-time boosters. Like, what are we doing here? He was in town specifically to steal a kid from Pitt and these jackasses are having dinner with him. Only at Pitt.
The kid ain't that good. Much ado about a little. AR will fund a bunch of practice guys. They the SEC lonely school. Better at track than FB or BB. Cal's last chunk of $$$$.

Yeah, I don't know the facts TBH, but I wouldn't call Capel petty even if this stuff upsets him a bit.

I'll bet it doesn't bother him even a little bit, because I will guarantee you that, for example, if Jeff Capel finds himself in North Carolina on a recruiting trip he would have no problem at all having dinner with a former coach / teammate / player. In fact I would be shocked if he hasn't done something similar in the past. Multiple times.

I'll bet it doesn't bother him even a little bit, because I will guarantee you that, for example, if Jeff Capel finds himself in North Carolina on a recruiting trip he would have no problem at all having dinner with a former coach / teammate / playered . In fact I would be shocked if he hasn't done something similar in the past. Multiple times.
Agreed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT