ADVERTISEMENT

History does repeat itself???.....

Would Pitt's next hire be a better or worse situation than after Wanny?

• Total voters

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
Pitt football is back to Wanny 2010. Wanny had a big 10 win year then goes 7-5 result FIRED. HCPN goes to the ACC championship game and blows chance at 9/10 win year (MSU/FIRED/Same old Pitt?). Do we as a program, given our past, really think we should get a new coach?

I say no. We have a top 15 defense and it is easier to add an offense then it is to restart the whole thing.

I have been supportive of Whipple until the last 3 games. They have opened my eyes to the realization that this offense is too complex and creates an uphill battle every game (way to many 3rd and longs....way too many 3 and outs...no rhythm. We need a style that makes things easier on us offensively until we can get better talent. Pitt keeps trying to be this pro style run with a pocket passer or now a west coast throwing team. Well we haven't been able to do it for a long time. Maybe Tino Sr year.

Also we can't recruit 4/5 star QB and WR regularly. Our best chance is developing linemen and getting 4 star running backs.

HCPN needs to bring in a running offense. We have way to many plays, formations, reads. This is a pro offense without pro talent. We need to make it simple. When you play Pitt you should know 4 things.

#1. We are going to run the football a lot.
#2. Our QB will be a running threat
#3. We will throw the ball down field off play action.
#4. We will be aggressive going for it on 3rd/4th and short (play to win)

Last thing ....we have really wasted some talent this year...

AJ Davis, V Carter should both transfer (I see why MH did)
A Matthews got robbed of PT for the TE core. Should have just played with another receiver we never ran it anyway. (I really feel for him)
Jared Wayne needed to be the #2 target day 1.
Ffrench miss managed....should have been tavon austin 2.0 ...... no one worried about him and his 7 yard hitches.
How did the Oline not play anyone else at RT
I know V Davis had a couple TD runs this year, but he was hurt and should have redshirted
AND LASTLY
how does Beville not get a few snaps in live action this year (there is absolutely no reason he doesn't get 4 series over 4 games) Hell even if they are 3 hand offs....

Really frustrated how last year and this year have ended for Pitt, but I don't believe we can do better until we allow this coaching staff to match up an offense with a defense. When HCPN finally gets an offense like canada to match with this defense we all will get what we have been waiting for.

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT