ADVERTISEMENT

Hood-Shafino just picked $500k

gilligan 3

Freshman
Jan 8, 2005
I only realized a couple of days ago he was on the Lakers.

And this tournament has been great.

If AD plays like that all year, the Lakers could win it all. He was a beast but LeBron was a beast the whole tournament.

The amount of money in sports is staggering.

Ohtani 700 mil
Rahm. 560 mil
1-2 mil for a QB in the portal

Great time to be a talented in athlete !

Reactions: H2Ppanthers
LeBron is about to turn 39 and he has the highest 2pt and 3pt shooting percentages of his career.

Just insane.

Reactions: gilligan 3
TJ played a great game, better than Halliburton in this game I think. Of course, he isn’t 1/2 the player but he can still play.

Also @Fk_Pitt apparently the winners of the IST receive the NBA Cup. So there is a cup associated with it.
That’s cool. Now they should just call the tourney the NBA Cup.

Btw. My son bet before it all started that Lebron would win mvp of the tourney. Being a college kid he put $5 down. He won $155. Happy that I don’t have to send him spend money this week. Lol. Thanks Lebron.

Reactions: Ski11585
That’s cool. Now they should just call the tourney the NBA Cup.

Btw. My son bet before it all started that Lebron would win mvp of the tourney. Being a college kid he put $5 down. He won $155. Happy that I don’t have to send him spend money this week. Lol. Thanks Lebron.

Yea, why wouldn't they call the whole tournament the NBA Cup? BTW, I watched a few minutes of the Euroleague game between Panathinaikos and Real Madrid. The Panathinaikos crowd was the most energetic I've ever seen. Looked like a soccer match × 10. Singing and chanting and jumping around even during commercials. I gotta get to one of those games.

Yea, why wouldn't they call the whole tournament the NBA Cup? BTW, I watched a few minutes of the Euroleague game between Panathinaikos and Real Madrid. The Panathinaikos crowd was the most energetic I've ever seen. Looked like a soccer match × 10. Singing and chanting and jumping around even during commercials. I gotta get to one of those games.
Basketball?

Yea, why wouldn't they call the whole tournament the NBA Cup?
Because “the NBA In Season Tournament” has such an awesome ring to it. Lol.

I think they change the name at some point. Not sure why they would let a marketing intern name the thing.

Last edited:
American fans can learn so much from Euro fans. You know me, I’m not a fan of looking toward Europe for anything. Except sports though. Look at what European fans bring to the Ryder Cup (yet another Cup). That atmosphere is nuts and makes for the best event in golf and one of the best events in all of sport. American fans at that event have learned to take their games to the next level thanks to the euro fans.

I was watching the Ravens yesterday and their fan base notoriously does the White Stripes 7 Nation Army thing and that is so tired and cliched at this point that is boring and unoriginal because everyone does it from the University of Maine to Long Beach St and everywhere in between. There isn’t much creativity nationwide.

If our zoo leaders and students were to study and emulate euro fan bases, they’d create one heck of an atmosphere at games that might even create a competitive advantage for our teams. And it would create a name for ourselves that could only help in recruiting. I’d mention our alums and fans do it too, but we are hopeless.

American fans can learn so much from Euro fans. You know me, I’m not a fan of looking toward Europe for anything. Except sports though. Look at what European fans bring to the Ryder Cup (yet another Cup). That atmosphere is nuts and makes for the best event in golf and one of the best events in all of sport. American fans at that event have learned to take their games to the next level thanks to the euro fans.

I was watching the Ravens yesterday and their fan base notoriously does the White Stripes 7 Nation Army thing and that is so tired and cliched at this point that is boring and unoriginal because everyone does it from the University of Maine to Long Beach St and everywhere in between. There isn’t much creativity nationwide.

If our zoo leaders and students were to study and emulate euro fan bases, they’d create one heck of an atmosphere at games that might even create a competitive advantage for our teams. And it would create a name for ourselves that could only help in recruiting. I’d mention our alums and fans do it too, but we are hopeless.

Actually, the best student section in college basketball is Grand Canyon.

I watched them in that game vs Liberty…AT LIBERTY. That’s impressive.

Interesting. Didnt know about that. Looks like GCU paid for a plane for 180 fans (mostly students I'd guess) to attend the game. I doubt there is any mid-major who has a fanbase as good as GCU. Its kinda weird actually, especially in a pro sports town that also has a power conference team in Arizona State

Interesting. Didnt know about that. Looks like GCU paid for a plane for 180 fans (mostly students I'd guess) to attend the game. I doubt there is any mid-major who has a fanbase as good as GCU. Its kinda weird actually, especially in a pro sports town that also has a power conference team in Arizona State
If you had an interest in womens sports, which you don’t, that’s the game that we had to sit through on the U that ran over and into the Pitt Vball match on Saturday.

I’m not familiar with Euro fans.

What can we do as fans ?

If you had an interest in womens sports, which you don’t, that’s the game that we had to sit through on the U that ran over and into the Pitt Vball match on Saturday.

I was at the basketball game. Really happy for the volleyball team and I'll be watching on Thursday but I am a basketball fan first.

Speaking of the Schifino’s, has anyone been following that dbag Drew getting put into a wood chipper by Dan Dakich on Twitter. All Drew can do is call him a racist while Dakich just recounts the facts of their history together during Dakich’s week on the job. It’s good entertainment if anyone wants to check it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT