ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article How the last four days led SirVocea Dennis to Pitt

Interesting article. Somewhat different narrative on this guy than the conventional "wisdom" found on this board. Kid has excellent athleticism (can dunk the ball at 6-0) --but, unknown how that will translate to the football field. Football instincts and skills are an unknown.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Nice article. When you get away from the big name kids every school knows recruiting can be a funny game. From the article it’s seems Pitt had no idea who this kid was as they were at Peddie to see 2 other kids.

While waiting on the coach the AD showed PN & Salem film on this kid and just 1 hour later he has an offer. They clearly saw something they like. My guess is he has the athletic ability they like in the star position. Seems the kid can really run. The kid states how Salem was impressed with him dunking over 2 kids in BB.

Anyways good luck to the kid at Pitt...hope he can turn out to be a nice late find.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Nice article. When you get away from the big name kids every school knows recruiting can be a funny game. From the article it’s seems Pitt had no idea who this kid was as they were at Peddie to see 2 other kids.

While waiting on the coach the AD showed PN & Salem film on this kid and just 1 hour later he has an offer. They clearly saw something they like. My guess is he has the athletic ability they like in the star position. Seems the kid can really run. The kid states how Salem was impressed with him dunking over 2 kids in BB.

Anyways good luck to the kid at Pitt...hope he can turn out to be a nice late find.

The article tends to debunk the notion that the kid was the result of a deliberate search to find a player to fill the last open ship. The coaches were at the school to look at 2020 class prospects. They apparently liked what they saw on film well enough to offer the kid irrespective of whether there was an open ship left on paper. They can always find room by September if they have to if another player or two they want enough should decide to commit on the upcoming 2nd LOI day.

Yeah. They don’t necessarily need another LB this year but I think you are right. They had an extra ship and saw something they really liked and figured he was worth the ship. He did look like a pretty fluid athlete on his film

The reality is Pitt isn’t in a position today to haul in a bunch of high level recruits. He’ll HCJC is having problems getting bigs and it’s even more difficult in FB. For this program to slowly progress the coaches have to have an eye for talent and develop under recruited kids with high ceilings

News flash. That won’t change if narduzzi is fired. Pitt is not going to hire a big name coach who will kill it like some expect on the recruiting trail

Reactions: MajorMajors
The article tends to debunk the notion that the kid was the result of a deliberate search to find a player to fill the last open ship. The coaches were at the school to look at 2020 class prospects. They apparently liked what they saw on film well enough to offer the kid irrespective of whether there was an open ship left on paper. They can always find room by September if they have to if another player or two they want enough should decide to commit on the upcoming 2nd LOI day.

I would believe this, except he camped at Pitt.

Reactions: foxchapelpanther
I would believe this, except he camped at Pitt.

He camped as a rising junior (summer after HS soph year). So, it is unlikely he was invited to camp by the coaching staff. There are lots of kids who camp at Pitt on their own without a formal invite from the coaching staff. My wife's nephew did so. Unless a player is a camp invitee by the coaches, or he "walks on water" at camp, the coaches hardly notice them--particularly. I expect if they are only a 15-16 year olds because they are so focused on evaluating the invited rising seniors.

This guy ran some offense. Perhaps Aston II. Think I'm kidding but maybe Whipple liked him...didn't throw one incompletion in his videos.

He camped as a rising junior (summer after HS soph year). So, it is unlikely he was invited to camp by the coaching staff. There are lots of kids who camp at Pitt on their own without a formal invite from the coaching staff. My wife's nephew did so. Unless a player is a camp invitee by the coaches, or he "walks on water" at camp, the coaches hardly notice them--particularly. I expect if they are only a 15-16 year olds because they are so focused on evaluating the invited rising seniors.

The coaches put all of the kids through a battery of tests similar to a combine at these camps. They don't miss anything. If he did camp at Pitt, I don't know that I'd buy the "oh, by the way, here's this kid" story that is being told. But who knows at this point.

The "why isn't Pitt taking more WPIAL players" folks here ought to be jacked over this one.

In high school in Syracuse he played safety. Last year at Prep school he was converted to a LB and showed his versatility in doing so. From the HUDL video he seemed very quick and thus Pitt thinks they are getting safety speed with LB potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT