ADVERTISEMENT

" I should have done more, it is my fault "

GreatBear71

Scholarship
May 9, 2005
Recently, Narduzzi made that statement concerning the DUI with Tyler Boyd. Let's just say we send out 18-24 year olds off to college. We cannot be around them 24/7. They are going to make mistakes. They pay the consequences. Period. Lesson learned. You can no longer coddle them after 18, regardless if they are just a normal college student or sports star.

Discuss....

Recently, Narduzzi made that statement concerning the DUI with Tyler Boyd. Let's just say we send out 18-24 year olds off to college. We cannot be around them 24/7. They are going to make mistakes. They pay the consequences. Period. Lesson learned. You can no longer coddle them after 18, regardless if they are just a normal college student or sports star.

Discuss....

So you are saying you can no longer coddle them after 18? They pay the consequences. Period.

So.....
You can.......
Get married.
Raise Children.
Be tried as an adult.
Serve your country.
Be emancipated from your parents.
Work without restrictions.
Run for office.
Can't take a drink.

What doesn't make sense.

Well if he feels so bad then he can pay his fine. Doubt that will happen, doubt he feels that guilty about it, plus its probably an NCAA violation. I like narduzzi but thus is a stupid comment from him

So he got a DUI? So what? People act like it's a BFD! The end of the world!

How about this, pay the fine, go the the class, learn the lesson, try to avoid trouble next time! Get a designated driver or walk if you're going to drink something.

Every time I go to a Steelers or Pitt game, I expect to tailgate and get DRUNK, WASTED, DRINK A LOT! So what? I make a point of having transportation arranged for after, just common sense.

This is not some terrible thing, like he's a bad person, he screwed up, just deal with the comsequences and get on with your life.

Remind me not to hire you as a defense lawyer.

Remind me not to hire you as a defense lawyer.
Buddy got a disorderly conduct in high school. Dudes mom was upset, got a lawyer and asked if this was gonna destroy his future. Lawyer replied " you are not a red blooded american unless you have a disorderly conduct on your background.". Great reply by a lawyer

Reactions: Pitt Magician
Agree Pghfan! My record is not 100% clean and I hold an extremely high-level clearance. In no way, shape or form has it hindered the way I perform my job or help "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Learn, DO NOT repeat, and move on to bigger and better things...

Reactions: blk902
Buddy got a disorderly conduct in high school. Dudes mom was upset, got a lawyer and asked if this was gonna destroy his future. Lawyer replied " you are not a red blooded american unless you have a disorderly conduct on your background.". Great reply by a lawyer
I am more concerned with how Tyler is doing? I don't think he needs a 12 Step program or rehab, but a "designated driver"! If players are going out to party, one should be the DD to make sure the chances of things like this would happen!

I loved his comment. Hopefully it means no suspension for Tyler. When Narduzzi announces no suspension, he should end his statement by saying the whole ordeal was nothing but a witch hunt.

That will piss Ron Cook off for sure.

I feel bad for Tyler getting a DUI for 2 shots. If you are gonna get one, might as well earn it. Kinda like getting a girl pregnant while wearing a condom.

So you are saying you can no longer coddle them after 18? They pay the consequences. Period.

So.....
You can.......
Get married.
Raise Children.
Be tried as an adult.
Serve your country.
Be emancipated from your parents.
Work without restrictions.
Run for office.
Can't take a drink.

What doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE

+10000, The age of being a minor should be raised to 21, that way it is consistent that they cant drink and the converse they cant go to the military and the records are sealed until 21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT