ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Resume Statistic

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Say we win on Saturday and win at least one game in D.C. I really don’t see how the committee could keep this team out.

Last edited:
I live in the western US so regardless of where they hold the ACCT, I'll likely not attend. But I do like the moving around of the Tournament to make it easier for other team's fans to attend. Greensboro has some value for nostalgic ACC fans; Charlotte makes sense. Is there a big enough arena in Richmond?

FTR, when I lived in Connecticut many decades ago, I always attended the Big East Tournament. The Garden is a great venue and NYC has its plusses

I live in the western US so regardless of where they hold the ACCT, I'll likely not attend. But I do like the moving around of the Tournament to make it easier for other team's fans to attend. Greensboro has some value for nostalgic ACC fans; Charlotte makes sense. Is there a big enough arena in Richmond?

FTR, when I lived in Connecticut many decades ago, I always attended the Big East Tournament. The Garden is a great venue and NYC has its plusses

It would be nice if the ACC didnt thumb their nose at Wheeling. An ACCT in downtown Wheeling would be better than anyone thinks. Cabela's is close by for our southern friends. Wheeling offers all the same amenities as Greensboro.

If Virginia Beach ever built that new arena when they were rumored for a relocated NBA/NHL team, that would’ve made for a nice spot to host the tournament once in a while.

I really think if we can win Saturday and first game at ACCT we are in because of that statistic. Especially since our NET is better than last year and we don’t have any head scratchers since we Lowe became a starter

Reactions: Zepley09
I really think if we can win Saturday and first game at ACCT we are in because of that statistic. Especially since our NET is better than last year and we don’t have any head scratchers since we Lowe became a starter
I’m probably in the minority here, but I think that if we win on Saturday, we are in, regardless of the ACC tournament.

I think that they will take into account the following: how well we have been playing since January 20 (Duke game at Duke); and our road record.

I heard Tuesday night that since end of January, we are in top 7 in country in wins. I think that is what Hillgrove said on the radio.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think that if we win on Saturday, we are in, regardless of the ACC tournament.

I think that they will take into account the following: how well we have been playing since January 20 (Duke game at Duke); and our road record.

I heard Tuesday night that since end of January, we are in top 7 in country in wins. I think that is what Hillgrove said on the radio.
Need the double bye as well

Reactions: CCHS82

Me too. And not in Dayton either.

Reactions: CCHS82
Need the double bye as well
Interesting. You would think maybe an extra game would help. But considering it would probably be a Quad 3 opponent. So the extra gae robably doesn't help us if we win and if we lose it would definitely hurt our case.

Interesting. You would think maybe an extra game would help. But considering it would probably be a Quad 3 opponent. So the extra gae robably doesn't help us if we win and if we lose it would definitely hurt our case.
If we are the undeniable 4th best ACC Team and have the double:

"The Rest" of the ACC field is fighting for a possible 5th ACC slot.

That is what the tourney will decide.

Reactions: Gep Dawg

Ding..Ding..Ding. We have a winner.

Our ‘ bracketologist ‘ perception seems to be trailing our metrics- I hope you’re right !

Our ‘ bracketologist ‘ perception seems to be trailing our metrics- I hope you’re right !

Road wins is the only thing we have over about 20 other bubble teams. Everyone has 4-5 Q1s. So we have to hope they take that into account.

Road wins is the only thing we have over about 20 other bubble teams. Everyone has 4-5 Q1s. So we have to hope they take that into account.
That’s not true - we have better predictive metrics than most and are sort of in the middle on season metrics like NET.

Our biggest sore spot is a terrible ooc sos. Hopefully road wins outweighs poor ooc sos.

That’s not true - we have better predictive metrics than most and are sort of in the middle on season metrics like NET.

Our biggest sore spot is a terrible ooc sos. Hopefully road wins outweighs poor ooc sos.

I hate that they seem to consider non-conference SOS as more important than overall SOS. Pitt's strength of record is 33. That's pretty good. Colorado State is 70. SHU is 69. Utah State is 64.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I read that to my wife, and just like I did, she spit out her coffee laughing. Good one.

I realize that offended Goldbergfan (under his 10th or 11th alias) but its just a joke. Caitlin Clark is must-see TV. I'd pay to watch her. And when Pitt was good, I watched women's games on TV. My only issue with women's basketball, really, is that ESPN shows their scores on the scroll and it confuses the heck out of me. I would pay a subscription fee to opt out of the scroll or at least opt out of putting on scores from sports different than the one I'm watching. I am not exxagerating when I say there arent more than 5 people nationally who care who won the Duke/NC State women's game but are watching Pitt/ND men. So its a waste. You can say the same thing when they post the Euro soccer scores. How many GT/Clemson viewers care about the Tottenham game that day? 4? Stop it.

I realize that offended Goldbergfan (under his 10th or 11th alias) but its just a joke. Caitlin Clark is must-see TV. I'd pay to watch her. And when Pitt was good, I watched women's games on TV. My only issue with women's basketball, really, is that ESPN shows their scores on the scroll and it confuses the heck out of me. I would pay a subscription fee to opt out of the scroll or at least opt out of putting on scores from sports different than the one I'm watching. I am not exxagerating when I say there arent more than 5 people nationally who care who won the Duke/NC State women's game but are watching Pitt/ND men. So its a waste. You can say the same thing when they post the Euro soccer scores. How many GT/Clemson viewers care about the Tottenham game that day? 4? Stop it.
Isn’t the scroll obsolete? You might be one of 5 people watching Pitt/ND who actually look at it. Speaking of women, I treat the scroll during a ball game like I treat my wife, I tune it out and pretend it’s not there.

Since the advent of the smart phone, I haven’t watched sportscenter or paid attention to a scroll. So we are going on 16-17 years easily. Maybe a bit longer.

There was a thread here a couple of years ago about Pitt basketball cracking the top 25 at the time. I posted that I could give a crap less about the college basketball top 25. And a poster here, actually a good poster, argued that the top 25 is extremely important because it would get Pitt on the ESPN scroll. I couldn’t believe he was serious but he was.

Isn’t the scroll obsolete? You might be one of 5 people watching Pitt/ND who actually look at it. Speaking of women, I treat the scroll during a ball game like I treat my wife, I tune it out and pretend it’s not there.

Since the advent of the smart phone, I haven’t watched sportscenter or paid attention to a scroll. So we are going on 16-17 years easily. Maybe a bit longer.

There was a thread here a couple of years ago about Pitt basketball cracking the top 25 at the time. I posted that I could give a crap less about the college basketball top 25. And a poster here, actually a good poster, argued that the top 25 is extremely important because it would get Pitt on the ESPN scroll. I couldn’t believe he was serious but he was.

Yes, its obsolete which is why its stupid they still have it. I remember before smartphones I'd have to turn a Toledo/Bowling Green basketball game on ESPN2 just so I can get some Big East scores on the scroll. But what is the point in having in today's day and age. I wished I could tune it out like you but it distracts the heck out of me. I still read many of the scores while the game is going on or at least when there's a slight break like free throws or whatever.

It gets them on the scroll, but it also gets them on the default scores page on your ESPN app. So still relevant even if you’re not watching Sportscenter.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It gets them on the scroll, but it also gets them on the default scores page on your ESPN app. So still relevant even if you’re not watching Sportscenter.
Agreed. The default scores page and the top 25 filter is the best argument for it. Still though, it’s largely meaningless. I think most people probably filter to their conference and team and bypass the top 25.

On a side note, I wish they had a bubble filter. Silly idea I’m sure but I’d find that useful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT