ADVERTISEMENT

Is PGH Sports Now trying to pump up Penn State?

PITT 76

Scholarship
Apr 9, 2022

I have no idea who Brandon Walker is, but he repeats the same error in 3 paragraphs. In the process, it appears to be an attempt to pump up Penn State.

Let me clarify the following here:

Joey Porter Jr. was not a 1st round selection.

Porter does not give PSU 3 straight years of 1st round selections.

He is not the 1st PSU DB to go in the 1st round because that just didn't happen.

I don't understand how any credible writer could be so unaware of the facts. Let me be clear: I like PGH Sports Now. However, I'm not prepared to let them pump up PSU with falsehoods.

I have no idea who Brandon Walker is, but he repeats the same error in 3 paragraphs. In the process, it appears to be an attempt to pump up Penn State.

Let me clarify the following here:

Joey Porter Jr. was not a 1st round selection.

Porter does not give PSU 3 straight years of 1st round selections.

He is not the 1st PSU DB to go in the 1st round because that just didn't happen.

I don't understand how any credible writer could be so unaware of the facts. Let me be clear: I like PGH Sports Now. However, I'm not prepared to let them pump up PSU with falsehoods.
The owner is a buffoon so expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

Having said that it’s a business and they do whatever they can do to expand their reach and opportunities. Regardless of accuracy or credibility (of which they also have little).

They are a clown show. Wasn't Vuk a producer before getting shit canned by KDKA? Regardless, he is a basement blogger trying to be a journalist. His entire operation is just trying to be the first to "break news." That's why they are wrong sooooooo many times. His "sources" are tweets and high school DMs.

It is this kind of media swill that made the choice loathsome. Not Porter himself. The inevitable PsU orgy they’ve had to suppress since the Pickett choice.

The playing loose with the facts and outright censoring of bad information that they regularly do in PSU favor are the worst of it. That should never happen in the media. Automatically discredits everything the entity produces.

Instead of complaining on an unrelated message board, why not calmly point out the errors in the actual comments section of the article?

Yeah, that is really bad writing just from a factual point of view. Clearly was an article written ahead of time with the expectation he would be taken in the first round and then never updated...which is sort of unjustifiable because they had a whole day to do so. Speaks very poorly to PghSN...and I guess is a difference between real media/journalism and bloggers playing dress up.

Instead of complaining on an unrelated message board, why not calmly point out the errors in the actual comments section of the article?

Yeah, that is really bad writing just from a factual point of view. Clearly was an article written ahead of time with the expectation he would be taken in the first round and then never updated...which is sort of unjustifiable because they had a whole day to do so. Speaks very poorly to PghSN...and I guess is a difference between real media/journalism and bloggers playing dress up.
It’s generous you attribute it to incompetence and laziness rather than purposeful bias. But as you even said, they had nearly a full day to at least correct the few words that made the article incorrect.

The problem with trying to address it directly in the article is that they delete, aka censor, such comments. The money simply corrupts too much. It’s endemic in all media; obvious lies get published to cater to a base, and any attempts to refute are impossible. Innocent bystanders, as it were, someone only casual follower of the draft who might see a link alert and randomly click on the story take it as fact.

It is relatively harmless with a “Round 1 vs 2” status, all of us here will cheerfully acknowledge Porter was basically first round material. The trends of this draft did not favor CB as it normally might, so he slipped to the pick after. It’s not important.

But when the bias is to the level of purposefully censoring news about rapes and columnists defiantly proclaiming the known rapist is innocent (and still says it). How do you even combat it? It is relentless.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Pump up? Why not? Psu one of biggest schools in country and Pgh probably their top media market. Being biased fanboys? While claiming to be ‘journalists’? That’s a different subject.

That was a laughably bad, and amateurish, story.

Allowing for the factual errors he used quotes from OCTOBER.

It’s generous you attribute it to incompetence and laziness rather than purposeful bias. But as you even said, they had nearly a full day to at least correct the few words that made the article incorrect.

The problem with trying to address it directly in the article is that they delete, aka censor, such comments. The money simply corrupts too much. It’s endemic in all media; obvious lies get published to cater to a base, and any attempts to refute are impossible. Innocent bystanders, as it were, someone only casual follower of the draft who might see a link alert and randomly click on the story take it as fact.

It is relatively harmless with a “Round 1 vs 2” status, all of us here will cheerfully acknowledge Porter was basically first round material. The trends of this draft did not favor CB as it normally might, so he slipped to the pick after. It’s not important.

But when the bias is to the level of purposefully censoring news about rapes and columnists defiantly proclaiming the known rapist is innocent (and still says it). How do you even combat it? It is relentless.
It is a bad, and lazy, error. It is absolutely not harmless.

It’s a glaring mistake That should not have been made by anyone who considers himself to be an actual writer.

I don’t care for that outfit but Vukovcan is very much pro Pitt. So not everything is bias when it comes to PSU. Is it deceptive on purpose? I haven’t a clue. But his whole operation started around Pitt and they’ve expanded.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Marsha Marsha Marsha
Didn’t your PSU branch campus teach you to communicate any better than that?

I’d bet you’ve posted that same stupid post a thousand times.

Think about that for a minute. You post a quote from a kid‘s TV sitcom from 50 years ago, that may have been clever for about 7 days after that episode aired. Clever to children, that is.

That’s the best a PSU fan can do?

Didn’t your PSU branch campus teach you to communicate any better than that?

I’d bet you’ve posted that same stupid post a thousand times.

Think about that for a minute. You post a quote from a kid‘s TV sitcom from 50 years ago, that may have been clever for about 7 days after that episode aired. Clever to children, that is.

That’s the best a PSU fan can do?
Imagine spending so much time on the message board of a team you don’t even play to just post that nonsense.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Don’t know don’t care. Go check seems easy enough.
I care even less to do so. But I thought those so fervent to vouch for this entity would have done their diligence before jumping to the defense.

But I’ll take your character testimony and agree it’s plausible that this example wasn’t the usual situation where a Pgh media product distorted facts on purpose to curry favor with supporters of a powerful sports entity. If you in turn will admit that that very thing happens with other Pgh media every day, for even the most serious of offenses.

Is it corrected yet?
They have corrected 2 of the 3 paragraphs now. The article continues to assert that he is the 1st PSU DB to go in the 1st round.

I really had no intent to disparage PITTSBURGH SPORTS NOW. I read it every day and enjoy their articles. It was just that this one specific article seemed to be tooting PSU's horn when it wasn't justified.

• Wow
Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT