ADVERTISEMENT

Jordano Out?

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
There is a thread on the premium football board which says that Jordano is out as the baseball coach. Any confirmation?

It could be that he left voluntarily because he didn't get the AD job or a high position there. It is hard to believe Barnes would have fired him less than a month into his tenure.

When he first came to Pitt, I was impressed by his recruiting considering we had no real home field. But, now that we are in the ACC and have an on-campus field, it doesn't seem like the recruiting has improved much. He also loses an awful lot of mid-week games to lesser opponents.

If he is gone, we will see Barnes first opportunity to make a coaching hire.

While I agree he probably wasn't winning enough, he also only got fully funded with the full amount of scholarships with the move to the ACC. The depth is still not there and that leaves mid-week games using the weaker pitching.

The title is "Rumblings..." Since I posted this, one poster there who claims to be in the know says it's not true and that he is negotiating a new contract while others are speculating on replacements.

I heard he's signing a new contract. I highly doubt that there's any truth to that post.

I saw the same Thread on the Premium board and I notified my friend whose son was just offered. He said he and his son were at pitt on a recruiting visit on Tuesday and Jordano told them that he was negotiating a new contract. What was more shocking was that Jordano told them that construction on a stadium addition will begin in October. More seats and a jumbo scoreboard.

I saw the same Thread on the Premium board and I notified my friend whose son was just offered. He said he and his son were at pitt on a recruiting visit on Tuesday and Jordano told them that he was negotiating a new contract. What was more shocking was that Jordano told them that construction on a stadium addition will begin in October. More seats and a jumbo scoreboard.

The stadium doesn't need more seats but I think what it needs is to enclose the outside of the stadium with brick or blockwork so there isn't so much exposed ugly steel. It would look more like a "stadium" if they do that.

Great news on the upgrades to the stadium.

Jordano has perhaps achieved more with less than any other coach in the last 20 years at Pitt. Recruiting is the best in Pitt's history. Notions of firing him at this point are pretty rediculous. I'd be more concerned with retaining him.

If we help a little bit with a few upgrades here and there joe will right the ship. I know our records haven't been great lately, but The conference is really tough so there aren't many free wins to be had. There are a few other things I won't get into here that they've changed about how we do things that should help the program too.

My only problem with Jordano is that as an in game manager he is simply awful. He sometimes makes decisions that leave you wondering if he actually understands the game at all. As an example, I was at a game a few years ago when it was 0-0 in the bottom of the first and Pitt's first two hitters got on base. First and second, no outs, best hitter on the team at the plate, and Jordano had him sacrifice bunting. I've been watching baseball for a long, long time, and that may have been the single dumbest decision by any coach I've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT