ADVERTISEMENT

Kilkeary

wrestlingfan22

Scholarship
Dec 11, 2022
Ohio St. seems to possibly have a logjam with the addition of Davino in their 2024 class, depending on how the weights shake out it will be hard for Vinny to find a spot in the lineup with Davino Bouzakis and Mendez all there. If this pans out I would hope he wants to come back to PA and transfer to Pitt.

That’s why I understand having a dream school but other than that I don’t understand how we can’t consistently recruit High End Recruits because there’s only so much mat time to go around the best programs. And as you see in this exact situation that top programs keep recruiting the best and they could care less who is currently on the roster.

Reactions: Chaos and jctrack
That’s why I understand having a dream school but other than that I don’t understand how we can’t consistently recruit High End Recruits because there’s only so much mat time to go around the best programs. And as you see in this exact situation that top programs keep recruiting the best and they could care less who is currently on the roster.
High end recruits believe that they can beat anyone and don't really worry about the roster and especially who may come in after them. The current transfer rules also make it extremely easy to move on if you do not get the starting spot and need to move on so there is really no harm in going to your 1st choice even if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: Eric_Knopsnyder
Definitely. But if Bouzakis is 133 and D'Emilio/Mendez is 141 for the next 4 years then Davino has to make 125 or Redshirt for his first three years. It just depends on Kilkeary's goals and where he stands in the room. I am interested to see if he goes this year as their 125 or not
Bouzakis and Mendez never see 125. Vinny is a 125. Davino May be too big for 125 I a few years. Vinny won’t be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT