ADVERTISEMENT

Leftwich as possible OC

Purdue_Panther

Sophomore
Nov 7, 2005
Would Narduzzi let an OC run an uptempo offense (think Todd Graham offense)?

This would go completely against narduzzis don’t tire out my defense approach.

I personally would love an uptempo offense but this could be an interesting pairing.

I personally would love an uptempo offense but this could be an interesting pairing.
I like scoring points. I like up tempo if used correctly. There are times to slow down, which Graham didn’t seem to realize. I believe it was the Iowa game he blew because he kept going fast, leading to 3 and outs. It drained the defense.

Not a fit for Narduzzi. Too Young. Too religious. Has not coached at this level..

I read the same, that he runs offenses with a dual threat qb which has never seemed to have been Nardo’s choice. Seems like an odd possibility given Nardo’s history of offenses.

Is this the Leftwich from UIW? If so, sign me up for that offense. I forget whether it was 2021 or 2022, but they were one of the most exciting FCS teams to follow.

Ironically, literally the only time he’s lived outside of Texas in his life was when he attended North Allegheny for high school, so he’s at least familiar with the area.

Is this the Leftwich from UIW? If so, sign me up for that offense. I forget whether it was 2021 or 2022, but they were one of the most exciting FCS teams to follow.

Ironically, literally the only time he’s lived outside of Texas in his life was when he attended North Allegheny for high school, so he’s at least familiar with the area.
It’s him and he made Texas states offense super powered this year after being trash the year before.

I hope Pitt hires him and if he performs then push out Narduzzi

Reactions: Pittnerski

That’s him.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
My only concern with Leftwich would be how much is the offense a product of the head coach GJ Kinney, and how much is Leftwich. Malzahn tree for Kinney, so assume Mack is learning the same.

I'd be willing to roll the dice with Leftwich, but I would be shocked if he's one of the finalists.

The other name that seems to keep coming up, Kade Bell, is also a guy who runs an uptempo offense. Perhaps an overcorrection on Narduzzi's part, but anything is better than what we just sat through for two seasons.

Yep. He coached at UIW.

Yep. He coached at UIW.
I’m just surprised that Narduzzi is considering him because this would be so far outside of his wheelhouse. He’d also likely only be here for 2-3 years max, but why not be part of his rise to the top?

Leftwich would be an exciting hire IMO. Would need some different kinds of personnel than Pitt currently has to do what he does, but that’s where the portal comes in handy.

It would be nice to see Pitt embrace the true dual threat QB and the type of offense that fits that type of QB.

So that said it will probably be McClendon.

I’m just surprised that Narduzzi is considering him because this would be so far outside of his wheelhouse. He’d also likely only be here for 2-3 years max, but why not be part of his rise to the top?
🤷‍♂️ I have no feel at all for this one.

But PN has never been in this circumstance as a HC before, either. Coming off 3-9 could make for an attitude change?

Guess we should find out pretty soon.

Here is some video on his philosophy and what they did in his first year at Texas state. I say hire him fast fire the current offensive staff (all of them) and bring in some new hungry young blood to run this offense.

H2P

Leftwich would be an exciting hire IMO. Would need some different kinds of personnel than Pitt currently has to do what he does, but that’s where the portal comes in handy.

It would be nice to see Pitt embrace the true dual threat QB and the type of offense that fits that type of QB.

So that said it will probably be McClendon.
Which is ironic because, on the surface, Leftwich would be a good thing for Texas native Nate Yarnell. Not sure he fits the description of “dual threat” though.

My only concern with Leftwich would be how much is the offense a product of the head coach GJ Kinney, and how much is Leftwich. Malzahn tree for Kinney, so assume Mack is learning the same.

I'd be willing to roll the dice with Leftwich, but I would be shocked if he's one of the finalists.

Either way, I think Narduzzi realizes his job is on the line with this hire. More bad offense or 5-7 records and he will feel serious heat. So why not roll the dice with someone who is short on experience but has the potential to be a game changer. Leftwich seems like a winner and I'd like winners to be a part of the program.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Not sure about the other stuff being a factor but they guy ran an offense with Tom Brady at QB.
You do realize that Leftwich had absolutely nothing to do with the Tampa Bay offense when Tom Brady was there, don't you? He may have held a title on a piece of paper, but that was all Tom Brady there at Tampa Bay.

In his two years at NA, Leftwich had over 7,000 in Total Offense and 91 TD's...by himself...65 passing TD's and 26 rushing TD's...2 time All State and POY in 2012 when he led NA to a state championship.

In his two years at NA, Leftwich had over 7,000 in Total Offense and 91 TD's...by himself...65 passing TD's and 26 rushing TD's...2 time All State and POY in 2012 when he led NA to a state championship.
This is why you don't recruit wpial QBs. Leftwich was a good but not elite qb by Texas standards but a dominant passer in the wpial. Sad decline for the once great wpial.

Any truth to the rumor that a qb from the team this year will be an assistant next year. He learned under the best at BC and here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT